the Church has branched out into the fashion industry…

• Creator
    Topic
    setufree
    Participant

A source has informed me that they have branched out into starting their own "fashion brand"

Wait for it….  Papilio prints LLC in NJ.  Google it.  They are on instagram, facebook , twitter.  Same recycled Tri State area members, same blue style logo, only now they are fashionistas.   Myself and another ex member laughed so hard we almost cried, as she was invited to their "fashion" show recently which they have been vigilantly promoting all over NYC & NJ.

I still remember when they tried to join the food truck bandwagon and failed once word got out it was them.  Next they tried the electronics route with Bluebird, than they were either making or promoting their drones out in Cali, now it's the fashion world.

What will Mother think of next?  Maybe her own Tesla style car or her own biodegradable makeup line?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Really? Its probably their Korea see, Korea do mindset at work. Fashion eh? I’d like to see them do a live show, maybe a rock concert or some stand up comedy.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Im not sure its a sin, but a church engaging in side business’ to make revenue? Seems the church has enough time to look for “lost brothers and sisters” as well as “start a business or two to make money, and give traveling Koreans a job and a reason have a work Visa in the US”(?!).

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I can’t really speak for them, but isn’t making money #1. I have a suspicion that they don’t care about you salvation, not at all.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Making money as #1 would be fine for me if they paid for everything…but to have business’, then to always be broke and bumming off its members, yeah thats bad. But members still have to pay for everything.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Well ya, your give your 10%, then you give sabbath offerings each service (no coins right?), oh you must keep all 3 saturday services, then they ask you for money for construction, then you give them all your spare time and much free labor. Its too one sided. They want you to give them everything, but what do you get in return? Not too much. Oh you get to believe you’ll be receiving stars and galaxies, while you are stretched out thin, emotional, physically, financially. Man, I getting stressed just thinking about it.

Pretending, pretending to be broke I say.

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Well ya, your give your 10%, then you give sabbath offerings each service (no coins right?), oh you must keep all 3 saturday services, then they ask you for money for construction, then you give them all your spare time and much free labor. Its too one sided. They want you to give them everything, but what do you get in return? Not too much. Oh you get to believe you'll be receiving stars and galaxies, while you are stretched out thin, emotional, physically, financially. Man, I getting stressed just thinking about it.

Pretending, pretending to be broke I say.

You are right, M&M.  I believe they are "pretending."  They have the tithe money, and a lot extra expected because members must give much more to receive "blessings" and also to make sure they have "salvation."   They have to pay the churches expenses in full because, you know, the church just has no money to cover those things.  They are sooooo poor you know.  Even though the members provide food for all the meals at their own expense, free labor for anything needed there, and even the toilet paper in the bathrooms for goodness sakes.  But the church, with all they receive, just can't afford anything.  And you know, they must pay for the electricity, water, etc., too.  So members are squeezed dry for those things. 

It seems to be a lot like Scientology in this way.  A lady named Debbie Cook was a high ranking Scientology officer, but at one point she sent out an email saying that members should look into the fund raising aspect of Scientology.  She said that they were asking for money relentlessly, but they had a BILLION dollar cash reserve!  I think this is similar to what the Wms is doing.  (My opinion, of course)  The Wms is able to buy all kinds of multi million dollar properties and so forth, but still bleeds the congregation.  Where is the transparency in all this?  Aren't they doing the same as Scientology is alleged to have done?  Bleed their members relentlessly but refusing to be transparent in all the money and property they have?  Would members continue to give all they have if they knew how much money the Wms has in cash reserves?  They must have a ton if they are able to buy that multimillion dollar property in New Windsor and several others as well.  Show us the money, Wms!  Show us the money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Church overseers in Korea have some reporting requirements to the Korean government.  We need to figure out a way to tap into those reports.

MountainMom
    Participant

There was a Professor Tark from South Korea who was at a Cultic Studies Convention and gave a talk on the Wms several years ago.  I wonder if someone has a connection with him.  I know he teaches at a University in Korea, but I don't have his address.  I bet he has a way of finding out.  His father was a cult expert there.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Financial transparency shouldn’t be an issue because the church teaches it’s members that they are “in the truth”. Therefore the wms should have nothing to hide. Or do they?

At least all the work, time, and money given is voluntary. Unless it’s actually fraud, and the member is the victim. However, no crime is committed if you stop giving money. It’s not like you are refusing to pay your taxes. You can stop giving tithes to the church and there is no penalty. You might be removed from the church but that’s a good thing.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Professor Tark? We should contact him.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.