Ex-members going back in???

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Does anyone have an example of any ex-members that have left the WMSCOG and then went back in and stayed in? I've never heard of it but I am a little bit curious if it has ever happened. (I won't be surprized if no one comments on this post!)

Selena
    Participant

Two married couples at my former location actually left. One couple came back and is still in the other the wife only came back and is still in.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I believe you get one chance in the church. Your name goes on the membership list and the list is supposed to represent the book of life in heaven. After you leave the church your name is blotted out. I think there is a grace period after you leave but I don’t think you can go back once you are off the list. I’m not going back regardless.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor I think your right. Our “life Numbers” weren’t deleted for a while. I think once they were deleted, our shot was probably over.

David
    Participant

I have to say something on this.

I am familiar with a "person" whose loved one wanted them out very much.

One day out of the blue the person suddenly left, wham just like that.

The loved one was overjoyed but didn't ask questions, didn't try to get the person help, just stopped thinking or talking about it.

They were happy for about 2-3 months. Then one "Saturday" morning the person who had been out, stepped out of the bedroom dressed in what can only be described as "church clothes" and announced, I'm going to church I'll be back later.

The other person just sat there in disbelief, didn't say a word. That is a true story and I believe that person is still in!

I believe everybody who gets out of that place needs to heal and get profesional help. If they don't understand what happenedd to them and learn to deal with all the hidden phobia's that were planted in their mind they absolutely run the risk of  returning to the cult.

If not this cult then maybe another cult. If you got out or if you know someone who got out make sure you get profesional help to understand what happened to your mind and how to live the rest of your life with that knowledge.

(Just for the record I'm not putting any blame on the non member, they just didn't know any better, it's not their fault)

Kai TIng
    Participant

Yep, I personally know 3 people who went back after leaving, 1 of them left for as long as two years. For their privacy I don't wish to give out more info though.

Othniel
    Participant

I am not aware of such things*… that being said I know people who left for reasons other than disbelief so in their cases it could happen I would imsagine…

*A member when I was there claimed to BUT she was a leader sooooo…

UntouchableJ
    Participant

The WMS may let you back in, under a few circumstances.

1. The length of time and reason.

2. If you held a title holders position

3. The value of thr member leaving

To elaborate on point one, if a person left for a reason other than speaking badly, and the WMS was able to send a gospel worker to speak to then and change their mind, they will be allowed back, but they will have to conduct basic bible studies. I have seen this happen, due to a member being overwhelmed with life responsibilities, and trying to preach and do WMS work.

Point 2. If a title holder (Pastor,Elder,Deacon,Group/Team leader) “falls” away, coupled with reason 1, they maybe allowed back. They will also probably lose their title position and go back to Brother/Sister.

Point 3, revolves more around the work of the WMS giving attention to getting a particula member back. I’ve seen people fall away, and the Overseer say, “O, well just let them be.”. And then I’ve seen other members who have money, popularity, worldly status etc…and the Overseer sent teams multiple times to get the person to come back.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

The WMS may let you back in, under a few circumstances.

1. The length of time and reason.

2. If you held a title holders position

3. The value of thr member leaving

To elaborate on point one, if a person left for a reason other than speaking badly, and the WMS was able to send a gospel worker to speak to then and change their mind, they will be allowed back, but they will have to conduct basic bible studies. I have seen this happen, due to a member being overwhelmed with life responsibilities, and trying to preach and do WMS work.

Point 2. If a title holder (Pastor,Elder,Deacon,Group/Team leader) “falls” away, coupled with reason 1, they maybe allowed back. They will also probably lose their title position and go back to Brother/Sister.

Point 3, revolves more around the work of the WMS giving attention to getting a particula member back. I’ve seen people fall away, and the Overseer say, “O, well just let them be.”. And then I’ve seen other members who have money, popularity, worldly status etc…and the Overseer sent teams multiple times to get the person to come back.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Bump

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Bumpity bump

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Bump bump

anon7
    Participant

Facade, charade. So they’re told “oh sorry broer sistr, yeah the person you loved in wms, sorry, they’re going to hell forever-they fell away, blasphemed God etc. But here’s this new ripe fruit!”

“But, but overseer, i wanted to go to heaven with so and so!”

“I’m sorry ten percent plus fifteen percent offering-they can’t go to heaven, they’re not chosen like me. You too may fall away and go to hell, UNLESS you don’t fall away and go to hell!”

“Overseer, how can i definitely go to heaven?!”

“Why don’t you ponder that as you clean the bathrooms. Didn’t you hear!? Mother said some people can go to heaven!”

Lol…

anon7
    Participant

That’s maybe the most traumatizing thing in wms (but there’s so many things to pick from). Being told those you love are on a one way ticket to hell for falling away from wms… It’s like the leaders don’t care though. I heard them talk about members they knew that they were very close to that had fallen away. They just say “they had such great faith it seemed like. We looked up to them.” There’s absolutely no sign of “my friend can’t go to heaven now, I’m sad i lost my friend.” Everyone is just a number, especially if they fell away. They’re just told “they weren’t really you’re brother or sister, so they fell away,” even though the members felt like real family…

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.