Church teachings: Second coming christ, some verses and ideas they associate to their 2CC

• Creator
    Topic
    Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Matthew 24:32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as it’s twigs get tender and leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these have happened.”

They explain that the fig tree represents Israel, and say when Israel gained independence in 1948, they say their second coming christ was baptized and started preaching.

Also, if I remember correctly, when it says “this generation” the church associates it to their generation. I think they believe the end will come then, during their generation. However I believe “this generation” is another generation, and that their generation is passing away.

Some South Koreans have a mind that events and actions, and expressions should occur twice. Sometimes you have to ask twice, can I have a drink of water? Can I have a drink a water? You may get a no at first, then they may tell you yes the second time.

Since Jesus was born in a manger, they say the circumstances will happen again. 2CC will be born not in a palace, or in a wealthy family, but in humble circumstances like a shabby house. They say Jesus came in secret, and with a double mind say “2CC came in secret too.” They also use actions and examples in the bible as prophecy. Or they may look for similar qualities about this biblical person, and say: I’m like Matthew. Or John seemed poetic, I like poetry, call me John. It is prophesied that Jesus will have a new name (Rev 3:12). Some South Korean members gives themselves new names from the bible: Matthew, Peter, Moses, John, Levi, Mary. And Judas probably.

1 Kings 2:11 says (King David) had reigned forty years over Israel… Therefore they take this example and that Jesus preached 3 years in Israel. Then they say, our 2CC preached 37 years. (Some scholars say Jesus preached 3.5 years). They say our 2CC had a 37 year ministry. Also they say he had the mission of Elijah.

But then they take scripture of Melchizedek bringing out bread and wine (Genesis 14:8) and connect it with Jesus offering bread and wine to his disciples at the Passover (Luke 22), and then their 2CC starting a church (NCPCOG I believe it was) with a Passover ceremony of bread and wine.

Also Melchizedek wasn’t from Israel descent, he wasn’t part of the family of Abraham, he had no genealogy, therefore it’s okay for our 2CC to be 2CC. That’s how they connect it together. They are other verses in addition to these.

You might say, what about Matthew 24 and the signs of second coming Christ? Similar to their belief that clouds mean flesh, they believe lightning represents their gospel. Matthew 24:27 says “For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west…” Ah, it says “east.” Lightning comes from the east, it must mean the gospel comes from South Korea.

These are a few of many teachings in the mind of a typical cog gospel worker.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Im going to have to read this again bc its super confusing. I still dont see how they tie things together. How do they know their interpretation is the correct one? Thats what it is an interpretation with nothing backing it up?!

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Thank Mayor and Mike.. This is the first of many right!?!

I haven’t been on here in like 2 days.. The kids are out of school for summer.. But I will definitely be checking in and trying to continue to learn!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Mayor gave then in chronological order..try to focus on that. Also did a good job of wording, so that they can’t say that Mayor is stwaling, “intellectual content”.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

*stealing

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I’m just relying what I heard from this group.

I think they said 2CC preached from 37 years, therefore fulfilling the prophecy of the throne of David.

And then there’s that verse in Jeremiah about the false prophets stealing words from one another. There is so much in their doctrine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my opinion, there is a small proportion of the logic in these words. The previous coming is not a proven fact. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its implementation.

http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/30-tips-and-tricks-how-to-use-google-properly

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.