New news article

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

Has anyone else seen the news article on the Sheepshead Bay cleanup on the east coast?  There is an article you can probably access by typing in Sheepsheadbites.com  or just googling something about the cleanup in Sheepshead Bay and the we love you foundation or World Mission Society.

What I loved about the article is that the media seems to now understand what this group is about now.  There is enough exposure there that they didn't fall for some rosy picture the Wms tries to paint.  The writer tied the cleanup to the "Alleged Korean Cult" as they called it and put some things in about what former members have said.  It's awesome!  I think it would be good for people to look at the comment section under the article and input if possible.  Members are flooding the site with comments.  Balance would be good.

Selena
    Participant

MountainMom
    Participant

Thanks Selena!

MountainMom
    Participant

I'm always amazed at how they try to say the We Love You foundation is separate from the church when all the people there are members, wearing the we love you t-shirts.  How can they say they are separate? Or do they have to for financial reasons?  I really don't know, but have my suspicions.

Selena
    Participant

Exactly. I remember as a member my overseer told us that we were the we love you foundation. They even used awards that the we love you foundation won and said that the world mission society won them or the Bible study group won them.

MountainMom
    Participant

A former member has said that they looked at the picture and thought there were a whole lot of familiar faces, but no newbies.  That is exactly what exposure will bring, a reduction in the number of people who will be fooled by their recruiting approach.

It really appears that the media has become wise to the fact that the church was using them for photo ops which would help them with public relations and recruiting.  It really backfired on them this time. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Wow people!  You've got to go to the comment section under the article and read them.  There are the usual ones by the members, whom we know are told to go there and comment.  But there are some really great ones from non members you have to see.  I don't know who this Janet Brown is, but she's awesome and she sure tells it like it is.  EXPOSURE at it's best. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountai What specific article was she comnenting under?

Azula
    Participant

Ha-ha! Busted! 

I always find it ironic how the cult "prophesied" that the mass media would proclaim the glory of z and now when the media is being objective they are said to be the spawn of satan. If z really was god wouldn't she have known what would happen?

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Its so refreshing to hear real comments. I can totally see through all the positive comments from members but not everyone sees through fakeness. We need more youtube/news article exposing these people!!

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

@Mountai What specific article was she comnenting under?

She was commenting under the article identified in the link contained in the second post in this thread.  At this time there are several other posts as well from non members and ex members.  They are very good.   (It is the sheepsheadbites article)

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountain. I caught it. Great article. Janet Brown was on point. What kills me is the Member comments. They always come with a new tactic. The guy who stated, “WeLuvU has non church membera as employees”. Bold lie. And I mean, BOLD. I tried not to get into back and forths in the comment section. But I have to make a point. Wms probably hiring a non-member secretary or janitor doesnt cut it. A year or so ago, one of the branches of the Ku Klu Klan recruited Blacks and jews

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2828425/The-Ku-Klux-Klan-opens-door-Jews-black-people-homosexuals-new-recruits-wear-white-robes-hats.html

Does this suddenly change their past? Same with WMS? I remember going to events and being told, “We are doing this under WeLuvU, don’t call Missionary by his title, or call each other Brother or Sister.” So how was it I automatically became a member of WeLuvU once I joined WMS? I never took an intro course from WeLuvU. I did tell one member, to just quit it. Its old and tired. Like Janet Brown stated, they would better off just saying “Hey We/I worship who I believe to be God in the flesh. So what?” And honestly, I would back off. But its like they come to your doorstep to fight YOU for finding out about their BS. It boggles my mind.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.