Church teachings: 7 feasts, Sabbath day, service times explained

• Creator
    Topic
    Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Disclaimer: here are a few verses and explanations I received when I attended a certain church years ago. These are not official church teachings and should be treated as hearsay. When compared to the official teachings, these explanations could have errors or be in error, due to the effect pa-ssing of time has on memory or other human mistakes. If an error exists, feel free to add, take away, correct, disagree, or argue any points I’ve made.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Here’s an overview of church services and times I used to attend and celebrate. I won’t be going fully into depth and showing all the bible verses but will show some verses and connect them to the worship services.

The church celebrates the 7 Feasts of God and the Sabbath day as written in Leviticus 23:2-44. The Sabbath day, the Passover, the feast of Unleavened Bread, the Day of First Fruits, the feast of Weeks (Pentecost), the feast of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the Feast of Tabernacles. Also there is worship service on every Tuesday and a few additional non biblical worship services such as “Parents day.”

Moses announced the appointed feasts (Sabbath day, the 7 Feasts of God) to the old testament Israelites. Thousands of years later Jesus spoke to a teacher of the Law of Moses in Matthew 8:22 and said “Let the dead bury their own dead.” I was told that Jesus meant let the “spiritually” dead bury their own dead. Therefore all people who are not in this church are spiritual dead. Therefore touching or talking to a spiritually dead person, you become unclean. This verse Matthew 8:22 is connected to Numbers 19:11-12. Whoever touches a dead body…will be unclean… he must purify himself with the water(of cleansing) on the “third” day and on the “seventh” day. Here is where you get the days for worship services: Tuesday worship service, and Saturday worship service. The “water of cleansing” is supposed to be what you receive from the worship service or the worship service itself. (If you attend all 4 services in the week you are considered to have greater faith compared to the one who attends 2 services.)

Worship service times

5 am: occurs during the 7 feasts. The late church leader prayed at this time, and the current leader prays at this time during the week in South Korea. This time may not be biblical.

Sabbath day: Saturday services

9 am: the first service and consider most important. Mark 15:25 Jesus was crucified at this time, (the third hour).

3am: the second service. Matthew 27:46 Jesus died on the cross at this time. (the ninth hour).

8pm: the service time has an unknown reason.

Third day: Tuesday service

8 pm.

In the winter season between the last day of the feast of Tabernacles and the Passover the services times are all changed for Tuesday and Saturday and do not fall on the same hour. The reason is unknown.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Prayer times every day of the week:

9 am

3 pm

(prayer times are changed in winter season along with worship service times).

In addition to prayer times that follow worship services there are:

Preaching meetings: 3 meetings during the days of the week

9 am

3 pm

8 pm (if I remember correctly)

Meal times

12 noon

5pm

Do forget to return to church and have a meal during the day.

Laundry day

Wednesday morning (I believe)

Half a day off to do laundry and shopping.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor, Our Korean overseer, gave us a Day to do laundry. This was after many sisters were complaining that their houses looked like hell. And as usual, during a service he does the, “I never say dat” after he had previously screamed on the church for not being in Zion enough. I remember seeing some of the mommies feel releaved. “Oh, I can clean my house”

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

That’s good, a full day. At least half a day is not written in stone. They have a very tight schedule. You spent all day and evening at church on Saturday, they do the same and during the week too.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor. Long day indeed. But when the leaders in interviews and television say, “We don’t keep member at de church for long hours, you make up story”. Again, our branch was rebuked, in a full yelling session for not being in “Zion” enough. Then, when sisters and mothers went to the Overseer, concerned,crying etc and even asking “Can I go home to clean up?” the story changed. Sick.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I found an old Elohist Magazine from 2013. They did a good job of not speaking about some of their more contreversal studies, and 2012 failed Prophecy.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I see. A yelling session would make me feel like speaking up and telling them to [please close your mouth]. And the Elohist mag are welcome to talk about the failed prophecies, they could say, oh we failed big time. We really did it this time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.