Post WMS- How have you, "Found" yourself

• Creator
    Topic
    UntouchableJ
    Participant

Since there has been an influx of Family members of thise trapped in WMS seeking help, I just wanted to start this topic for we, “Ex”members to share what we may be doing or have done to find our true selves. Part of any cult, or mind controlling factor is to recreate “you”. In WMS, the make Korean culture, your culture. Personal activities are swept away, then only recreated for you when done by the church. Lets say you loved playing basketball on the weekends. You join WMS, and the feed you with urgency about saving souls, preaching, church work and spending time in Zion. Then, one day your branch church has an event at a park and you remember, “Hey, I love basketball”.

Recently my son had gotten into a Flag football league, something that could never have happened while in Wms. My wife has gotten back into traveling and her career. I have gotten back into reading and even playing video games (things that were spoken of negatively while I was in Wms). Hopefully everyone who has left, finds their true selves.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I always had one foot outside of the cog, and one foot inside. I tried to keep it a part time affair. I tried not to get completely absorbed. But now that I have 2 feet outside of church, I just doing more of what I used to do. I’m spending more time with family and friends. I’m spending more money on myself. I just bought myself a new bass guitar and start practicing again. I’m looking to make a trip to Israel. I bought a new plant for my place. Also I’m hitting up the coffee shops, pizza joints, restaurants like I used to. I’m back to seeing movies, concerts, and live comedy shows. And I plan to put some sports in the mix. Play some ball, golf, tennis, and hockey. Maybe I’ll throw in some yoga or join a yoga league. You know, get out, stay out, do what the everyday people do.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Just kidding about joining yoga and the yoga league. Its not a sport. Just like cheerleading.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Nothing like Yoga followed by frozen Yogurt…(lol). And for those who aren’t Exmembers you may ask, “Why couldnt you do those things before?”. Well Wms is great at manipulating you out of any free time, while you are being indoctrinated with their message. Your supposed to be preaching, studying the bible all the time. Your family memeber who is in the church may say, “They dont force us not to do anything we enjoy”. These are 1/2 truths.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Early on I remember the church receivng a message from “Mother”, that members should not be playing video games. Now, many people have varying opinions on this, but “Mother” deemed them bad because she expressed that it takes members away from doing the, “gospel work”. This is a very hard request because Religion often puts demonic conetations on non spiritual things. When I was in college, Pokemon hit the Us and was huge. I remember there was a buzz amongst Evangelicals claiming Pokemons were bad, and that the word “Pokemon” meant demon. This is where Religion vsm Spirituality comes in. In Religion everything can be evil (games, fun, etc), and this happens in Wms alot.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Today, I happened to be driving around, and drove past my old “zion”. Alot of members were there and I noticed they were wearing their all blue team tshirts. This usually, means that there is a big regional church meetup where there will be games, activities erc (big soccer matches, volleyball). The church was always good about having these huge events often to occupy members time. If you have never been a member, you might say, “Doesnt sound that bad”. Wms guilt trips you to hell if you can’t make it. A normal church might tell you to come if your not busy. Wms makes announcments followed with, “True family would make every effort to attend.”

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Mmmm, frozen yogurt. So the group is gathering together, wearing all the same color and engaging in activities? At least they get out of the church one or twice. But with your new freedom away from the church, you are free to do more and live life to the fullest. Do some travelling, catch some shows, maybe do some fishing, spend more time with family and friends, and all cog guilt free. Its so much better.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

untouchable, So today was the first annual world clean up day!! Was “So Amazing” they did a good job today “wow” lol..

No May 22nd is was made to be their new “holiday” if you will… For every zion around the world to clean up!!

Here’s the new chant..

“Pick it up.. Clean our world..

We won’t stop til it’s all cleaned up!”

“CLEAN WORLD!!!! Waaaaaaaaa!!!”

So yeah.. I’m sure their will be a video about it soon..

We got suckered into it and went!!

I learned some stuff today pertaining to them…

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Warrior I remember the chants and cheers. They were corny, and I felt like a kid forced to join Show-choir. Your a good woman for standing by your man and going. One thing I wished then as a member, and now. There are Far more prevalent issues going on, than some of the volunteer services they are doing. Its ALL a PR stunt. They call the news, etc. Jesus (as the bible says) healed the sick, hell, he even taught you how to properly prioritize, etc. WMS focuses on Sappy clean ups. Is Wms dealing with Racial inequality in the US, and addressing Violence? No. Is WMS meeting with Kenyan officials to discuss aid for victims of the “Jigger” flea epidemic? Nah. Are they meeting to distribute Water filtration systems to places in Europe that have poor drinking water? Hell, Houstan Texas had major floods….have they provided relief (And I mean, shed a dime…WMS always forces labor, but gives no money). Heck, there was a scandal about corruption in Korea where the boarding homes were riddled with abuse. Nothing.

Oh wait…WMS will say, “Mother gives eternal life..thats the best gift of all”. Ok then, and in their vain arrogant mistake we can see Zhang isnt God .

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Right.. The PR stunt was definitely done yesterday.. Even my kids noticed!! Asking why they keep taking so many pictures and doing interviews!?! And why did they take pictures with the trash!?! Or even set up the trash to take a picture!? Also a Park rec Manager came out asking and looking for the “organization leader” asking questions.. I was the wrong one for him to find.. And made it clear to him, it was a church affiliated with this foundation!! The overseer looked like a deer in headlights when I walked him over to him.. Lol!! They also made it clear to members not to call him Deacon while out there.. And they weren’t supposed to call each other brother and sister either.. I caught on to this when someone said “deacon ….” then was like oh sorry.. Man this is going to be hard.. Smh.. I asked why they weren’t using titles and they told me..

Its because blah blah blah this and that.. But you know the foundation is like detached from the church!! I just shook my head and walked away.. I wasn’t going to go there lol.. But I’m pretty sure god is the chairwoman of that fondation and head of the church.. Oh and supposedly gives eternal life too!!! There’s no kind of detachment to that… Lol.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

They claim they have given money..

But I’m sure it’s in a way that only gives them a small record of giving!!!

Nothing compared to other churches or foundations who give..

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Warrior. And again….how deceptive. “God” runs a Non profit organization, presumably separate from the church, but all its work comes from church members. And conveniently they use the WeLUvU work to say that “Mother is fulfilling prophecy”?

Brian Taylor
    Participant

I have good days and bad days. I've made a few really good friends who I enjoy talking to. I enjoy reading. I enjoy thinking about whatever I want to think about and not feeling guilty about it. Doing any of these things is what I would consider a good day.

On a bad day, usually when something reminds me of the WMS, I'll stew about the whole experience, go over various event again and again in my head, then usually arive at perplexity about how people who were a part of life everyday are all but gone, as if they never existed.(all in my head) these thoughts are usually followed by getting . okafjawfo;o;d But again, thats a bad day.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Untouchable, yes.. very deceptive..

Smh!!!

I’m a previous above post..

You said..

“One thing you wished then as a member, and now” what did you mean by that!?! I feel lost.. Lol or am I just slow!?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Warrior. I was trying to point out one thing I wish I knew then, as a member. I was stating the red flags I’d seen, but ignored. Jist like WeLuvU foundation. Big red flag. There were many red flags throughout my time, but literally, I ignored them. And, I wanted a family with a unified faith. Bad idea.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Brian As Brian shared his good and bad days, I want to share mine as well. I have good days, where Im focused on my own strength to approach and handle problems. I feel free that for relatively minute problems or mistakes, Im not going to burn eternally (because I played a video game, listened to “worldy” music, or spent money on something I wanted to buy). I have been tons more invested in my kids, Fraternity, and Family.

On bad days, I wonder why I wasted my time. Why I ignored the red flags that I saw, and even ignored points that the leaders couldnt answer. When bad things happen, sometimes I honestly struggle with, “Was I wrong”?(Jews out of Egypt syndrome). Ultimately on bad dasy, I wonder what I was lacking, that drew me into such a place.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

If they donate so little (mainly free labor from members is what they are donating ) where do you think the money is going?? My bro in law that is a deacon makes no money bc he drives some junky car and is an arranged marriage to a young Korean girl (which he asked us to sponser her immigration bc he cant afford it) even though the church arranged the marriage?!?! The cog members that waste their lives and all their free time are paid little to nothing…who is getting paid the big bucks?

AbbaFather07
    Participant

If we could only get proof that Mother is living large over there then maybe we can shut this down already!! Does Zang realize that God doesnt care about material things or money? Warrior its weird that they didnt want to tell anyone who they were….super shady!

WarriorQueen
    Participant

I know… I was shocked..

Like do they not see how fishy and super shady this is!?!

Smh… I wonder if zng really believes she’s God… Or is she knows she’s deceiving the world!!!?

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I dont think she really believes she is God. I think she is loving the money and the fame! By fame I mean all the people that go see her and lose their minds bc they think she is God. Its so ridiculous. Does she pay taxes? Where does she live? Does she have fanily that speaks to her? Do they think she is God? If not why dont they come forward and expose her.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I have so many questions!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.