Who Does Zahng Pray To?

• Creator
    Topic
    Hyde
    Participant

This question may have already come up in the forum before… but I really can't figure out who Zahng is supposed to pray to?

Does Zahng pray to her son Jesus, her husband Jesus, her Father Jesus, her Father Jehovah, her husband Jehovah, her Father ASH, her husband ASH, her son ASH, her Mother in heaven, her Father and Mother in heaven…OR does she pray to herself?!

MountainMom
    Participant

I think it is the same thing as for why they don't want members remembering the cross.  They don't want members to remember the Jesus who died on the cross for our sins.  Then they would picture a Jewish Jesus.  They want them to focus on a Korean Jesus.  Also, if they remember that Jesus died so that we would have grace, well, then members wouldn't work so hard and give so much money to earn their way.  They want them to forget that the Bible says that it is by grace we are saved, not works.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I’ve seen that too. They seem to completely deny Jesus when they practice their faith. Its cog teaching.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Exactly mountainmom and mayor!!

Momsix828
    Participant

My daughter wouldn’t eat with us as well. She said we were idol worshippers. Then at Christmas this year when everyone was told to go home because of Today Show exposure she said they practiced scenerios like what to do about the meal prayers. She was told to wait to sit after our prayers and then say hers silently.

Momsix828
    Participant

About the Cross…I always wonder what they do with verses like 1 Cor.1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. Galatians 6:14 But God forbid. That I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Momsix828
    Participant

IIt frustrates me with my children in this because I have never won an argument. To me the Bible is clear (“as we can clearly see in the scriptures…”) Acts 4 :10-12 ” Be it known unto you all…that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth…neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” There can be 20 names of God in the Bible but you can only be saved by THAT name or God wouldn’t have put that in scripture. I don’t mean to be preachy, at one time my children believed this but this church has erased everything I taught them and replaced it with lies…

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Exactly. The cog says this scripture was only valid “in the age of the son.” (cog teaching). So they try to justify that this verse is not valid today. I disagree with the cog.

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Exactly. The cog says this scripture was only valid "in the age of the son." (cog teaching). So they try to justify that this verse is not valid today. I disagree with the cog.

I never heard of a Christian religion made up of leaders who felt they had the right to determine if parts of the Bible were valid or not.  Talk about arrogance.  They need to look again at the last verses in the Bible about adding or detracting.  Or have they decided that isn't valid either, according to their whims?

Every time a member wants to insult someone on here, it seems like they accuse non members of arrogance.  Claiming the right to censor and/or add to the Bible seems like the heigth of arrogance to me. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They always scream “arrogance” and “slander”. These are catch words, or watch words. They always throw these around in rwference to exmembers or nay sayers. Brian Taylor has been accused of Slander. All because in his videos, he tells his story(?). How is this slander? Slander has basis in lies to discredit. If they are true statements, then it is not Slander.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Once you set sail, set the course, then break the controls, there’s no going back to port.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Momsix I understand how you feel. Those scriptures are crystal clear. You know what else I hate that my husband wont eat off of a christmas or easter plate…like I’m talking about a paper plate or candy for that matter. Im like do you really think eating a red m & m is going to make you go to Hell. Im like Bless your heart! I just want to scream! Anyways he has been trained well what not to do but when I ask questions he cant answer he blames me bc he would study more …I’m like you got baptized into something you dont know enough about?!?! Plus he doesnt read Bible by himself bc he needs his brother to interpret for him. Its just sad!! The worst part is cog members are missing out on the joy that the real Jesus can give you!!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I wish more people would come out and tell the real story! Scientology is finally dwindling all bc Leah Remini has left the church after 30 yrs. It took one person w a voice to shut that crazy cult down.

Momsix828
    Participant

AbbaFather…I can’t imagine what it would be like to be married to someone in this and you not be in it. This church has devistated my family. After my son was in a year and a half he told me he was sleeping on a mattress on the floor in a getto apartment.( He graduated from the Naval Academy) He was told not to tell us where he lived for over a year and a half. He has not talked to me in almost two years. My daughter had everything going for her. She was an All-American pole vaulter, 8th in whole country at one time with a full 35K a year scholarship, everything paid for and last week she just walked away from it all because Pentacost was during her conference and she couldn’t leave. She just resigned. Pole Vault was her identity, state record holder indoor and outdoor, something she had spent countless hours on because she loved it since she was 12 yrs old. She had a 140K scholarship, now she’s waitressing tables late at night. She says she doesn’t care about pole vault anymore. I called a deacon from NJ about it and there was nothing he could do because this was really “HER choice”. That’s a cop-out. That’s his way of saying it’s not the churches fault. It IS the church’s fault. The rest of us have to sit by and watch the fall out of this on our loved ones as we mourn what could have been.

MountainMom
    Participant

Momsix:  The leaders' standard reply when their members make terrible decisions is "it's their choice."  As you say, it is a cop-out.  On the video of the interview with John Powers, when asked about people giving huge amounts of money he said it was "their choice" too.  What they don't say is "If we cared at all about these people we would counsel them that they are not making reasonable decisions and help them."   These leaders have a responsibility to talk to these people and let them know that one day of Pentecost could be missed if it means a career (some lose jobs during Pentecost because of the demands of this church) or a scholarship, or their financial stability in some other way.  I know of people who were living in cars and giving all their money to the church rather than finding a home.  They lost their families because of the demands of this church as well.  Why didn't the leaders put a stop to this?  They know it is happening.  The answer is, in my opinion, they just don't care what hardship their members are under.  As long as they keep giving money and help recruit others who will do the same.

It  is completely irresponsible for a deacon to just let a person give up their hopes and dreams like this.  They wind up controlling every aspect, every major decision in these people's lives, but they won't life a finger to try to counsel them about a terrible decision like this girl made that will impact the rest of her life. Irresponsible and damaging.  This girl can't get a do over on this.  She's done with something she worked for for half her life already.  Something positive, something she took pride in.  This deacon could have influenced her not to do this. They influence and control everything else, why not this terrible decision?  The truth is, in my opinion, it is a power trip this church leader is on, and he revels in it.  They truly have taken over this girl's identity, and it is something she will feel so much hurt and anger over in the future when she realizes it was all a scam.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Whats funny is, they wouldnt stop a member from donating their life savings….but imagine a member telling their Overseer, “Missionary, I was thinking of cashing out my 401k,…its around 200,000$ and giving it to this Cancer Charity.” Knowing my old overseer he would say, “Ongh! Imagine how much thst would benefit Zion, though bredder!”.

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

Whats funny is, they wouldnt stop a member from donating their life savings….but imagine a member telling their Overseer, "Missionary, I was thinking of cashing out my 401k,…its around 200,000$ and giving it to this Cancer Charity." Knowing my old overseer he would say, "Ongh! Imagine how much thst would benefit Zion, though bredder!".

I know that exact thing has already happened in the Wms.  I know of a guy who cashed out his retirement 401K and gave it to the church one year.  I know he can't be the only one.  They took it gladly, of course.  Now this guy has lost two professional jobs, hasn't had a job for over a year, and it appears his career track is completely derailed.  I don't know how this looks to anyone else, but it doesn't appear that "Mother" has blessed him for all his devotion. 

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Momsix you have a son and a daughter in it. Im so sorry! My husband didnt get into it till after I married him so its so unfair! It effects every aspect of my life. Not to mention his whole family bought it too…hook, line and sinker. With my brother in law as the ring leader. He was in the Navy but left it all to live at a church w his arranged Korean wife. He has brainwashed his entire family bc he wants everyone to go to Heaven together. That is the most frustrating part is the support. I have none bc no one can relate or has even heard of this…when I hear myself explaining what is going on I sound stupid and they are like what the Fu#@. My sister in law (husbands sister) tells me to pray about it. Im like how about someone stand up to ur brother that has put this poison in everyones head!!! I feel like most of the members have terrible lives but still praise Mother. Im like what does it take to make them realize. Its so sad the time wasted bc u do not get any re dos in this life. Also Im surprised they dont lay off the people w good jobs so they can keep the food jobs so they can give more money to the church. ..right?!?!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Not food jobs good jobs!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Did your son get your daughter involved? Momsix

Momsix828
    Participant

AbbaFather…yes my son got my daughter in. He is in the Navy too like your brother in law. He was looking for a church when he was invited to a bible study. Three days later he was hooked. I remember talking to him at that time telling him the church was a cult and they would take away his family and he would never come home. He said if they tried to do that he would KNOW it was a cult. Here we are five years in, it has all happened. He wants to get out of Navy but he makes a lot of money so they’re probably letting him stay in. He’ll be married to a Korean wife soon if he’s not already and we won’t even know when it happens. When we went to see him he tried to recruit us like your brother in law, when we turned it down he has nothing to do with us now. He built a church where his sister went to college and she went to see him because she felt sorry for him. The way he got her was insidious behind our back. (You can search the story if you look at my posts) My daughter still loves me and talks to me but within a year she’ll hate me and have nothing to do with me. That’s the order, I tell her this but she doesn’t believe me. If I speak out too much the leaders will use her to hurt me. They’re probably telling her all her suffering is my fault because I won’t send her money anymore. As for other people believing your frustration I can relate. When you find out a loved one is in this, it’s like you just find out they’ve been kidnapped and your desperate and all over the place. No one thinks it’s that bad, that you’re exaggerating, that it’s a phase they’ll grow out of. It makes you look like an idiot. Then you have to settle in for the long haul. I spend way to much time obsessing over this church. I have learned a lot from this website and admire the exmembers who are so courageous to tell the truth. They give me great hope. The church leaders I’ve talked to try to spin it that my situation is so different from what all the other family members experience. I have met many parents on this site and I realize my story is the norm. I pray for you AbbaFather, so young to have such a terrible thing happen in your marriage. I pray my children and your husband one day are exmembers.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.