They won't research here but will they research?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

A new post showed up that raised a new idea. It’s really simple and I’m surprised I didn’t think about it before. Will current members go online and search for the oldest English text of the Bible and read their chosen scriptures from there? Right now the WMSCOG uses the NIV which is very conducive to the angle they push onto their members. I wonder if members researched a more original English version if what is written would be different enough to wake some of them up?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They won’t. When I first joined, I brought my Amplified bible. I was advised not to use it. When you read their trusty scriptures in KJV, they dont add up.

Joshua
    Participant

Exactly!

WarriorQueen
    Participant

My husband claims they wrote the KJV after the truth was abolished and he was a homo! This is what he was told at the cog I guess.. He said it’s just history!! & plus the NIV is easier to read and understand.. Yeah easier to manipulate too!! This convo went way out there quick.. I won’t even mention the rest lol..

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Wow, this church keeps on surprising me. They wrote the KJV? I don't think so.

I've heard the cog claim that the apostles and the early church are their brothers and sisters. 

jw03550
    Participant

I thought they pride themselves on any bible can be used there?

WarriorQueen
    Participant

No… Not they wrote it..I’m just saying KJV was written after the abolished the law supposedly.. And KJ was a homo this is why they stay away from this version..

He did claim any version is fine..

But since history “don’t lie” lol..

They say NIV is easier to read!!

Othniel
    Participant

King James actually did in fact have sexual relations with men but that doesn't have anything to do with whether he could hire proper translators or not (I am of the opinion it is somewhat poorly translated but I doubt it has anything to do with who James had sex with)

… but if KJV is invalid because it was written after "the truth was abolished" what of the NIV written another 400 years further from "the truth"

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Oh, they wrote it. Not they. Right. I got it now.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Last I checked, they (the cog) only uses the NIV version. And I think it's because ASH used it and then the group with the group mentality all go and use the same bible. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Joshua
    Participant

The WMSCOG does use the NIV and strongly encourages there members to use it. This goes way back to when Ahn was indoctrinated into the SDA group. They also use the NIV to enforce their false teaching. Many of these teachings are prevalent today in the WMSCOG as well as the use of the NIV. Strange that they would make a god out of someone who followed false prophets and obviously false and flawed teachings. Ahn restored the truth? Not even close.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Exactly. KJ didnt write the KJV Bible, he aligned biblical scholars to give a new translation, in Old English. If you read the bible that was in existence before the KJV, called the Bishops Bible, will it read the same? No. NIV has been criticized highly because it attempts to use vague references for an easy read. It also tries to cater certain points (Revelation references Jesus being a man of color, with “feet like brass”, is removed). Anytime that I have heard of a WMS member going up against an Orthodox Jew whom can translate Hebrew, or a Biblical Scholar versed in History and ligusitics, the WMS member runs for the hills.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

If only they would, run for the hills together. Or see the scientologists sail on their ship, then they do it too. 

If current members read a different translation, they lose certain prophecies because the words are different.

I don't think members are encouraged to research on their own. They might find out truths like "the barren woman" really has kids. At one point they were not allowed to go on the Internet. But I'm seeing more of that lately. They are given books, a few (but not all) books written by ASH, and preaching books. They are given all they need and lots of it within the church.

So anything outside the church, on the other side of the division line is forbidden. Then they might say, funny things like YouTube is fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil! Or your puppy dog is satan trying to lead you away from the church!!!

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Lol @ Mayor.. Your puppy dog!?!

I can see that…

WarriorQueen
    Participant

My husband just said any translation is fine.. Cause God’s word is sharp and no one can disprove what he says when he opens the bible.. Smh!! He gets so cocky And arrogant.. Laughs in my face!! I just want to punch him inthe face sometimes!! Just trying not to argueespecially with scripture.. Cause I’ve gotten no where with that… And been discouraged by y’all not to!! I’m learning.. But I’m also just ready to let go and let God!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Warrior They are arrogant. It sounds like he has spent some time under his Overseer. The Overseers often times pick individuals, and groom them. Almost every time I’ve seen this, that person becomes arrogant, an informant on other members actions, and often times receives a title holder position working up the ladder. I would advise you to decipher the scriptures and translations for yourself. The arrogance of WMS always falls flat in the light of common sense. Approaching battle scripture for scritpture is still a no no.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I think you have to know how to wield the double edge sword before you use it. You also have to know what is in the head of a cog "gospel worker". You have to know what the cog teaches before you engage them in scripture. 

So according cog teaching, if you believe in God the Father but you don't believe in God the Mother, you are put in a category. So according to cog teaching you are like Ishmael, you are asked to leave so to speak because you will not recieve the inheritance of Abraham. In other words you are not a child of promise like Isaac, and you won't go to heaven. 

That Jamal Parker who claimed to be a member called me Esau, that has cog meaning. So I called him a grain of sand in the seashore which isn't a dis at all. But it has cog meaning. He told me don't use prophecy.  I suppose it would be a long drawn out battle like we had. He is taught that through scripture you are to defeat "satan". But in the end he was defeated. It was another loss for the cog. 

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@ untouchable I believe he has spent time under his overseer as well.. My first study was with him too! And he always knows our business when I’ve popped in.. He will mention something he had to have been told by my husband.. I can also tell, he has mad respect for this man.. Le sigh.. I hope you’re not right about ladders and positions!! But he did mention he finally recruited people.. Huge kick in the gut for me.. Cause I’ve been praying against that!! He said it was by the grace of F&M that happened.. We move from here soon.. I just hope contradictions pop up where ever he has to visit or attend zion next!!

@Mayor I know what you mean.. It’s like information overload for me lately.. I’m all over the place and don’t know what’s more important or not!! My fibromyalgia brain aka fibro fog has me stumped!! I got to get on my A game quick!! But it’s like learn scripture, Learn prophecy, learn lessons, study studies, learn biblical misinterpretations, study contradictions, learn their indoctrination methods,the ins and outs the dos and donts so on and so forth.. I’m lost.. Cause I’m not well versed in scripture! I just don’t know where to start anymore.. So I jump around mention this to him.. Question this,there.. Throw out this scripture.. Ask this about Ahn, then mention something about Zng.. Then repeat.. Somewhere along these lines.. I feel like it’s seriously time to wash my hands of this..

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

@ Warrior, I can provide scriptures and meanings as I learned it. My overseer has really motivated me to come to this site speak as much as I can about the cog. I have years of indoctrination. Its a lot. But I'm sure gospel worker UntouchableJ can help too. Just wait until your huz comes home with hair part. 

@Untouchable you mention scripture is not good to talk about with a member.  Why is that? And what should you talk about then?

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I'm missing something on the translations. The King James Version was translated from the original Hebrew and Greek into English in the early 1600s by English scholars. The NIV was translated in the 1970s by scholars in New York. Neither version was translated from the original Hebrew and Greek into Korean at either of these times. The Korean Bible that Ahn and Zang used/uses were translated into Korean from the English versions (as were all the other world languages). The NIV was translated with Ahn was still alive. If he was god or she is god, why are they using versions that are translations from people they consider Pagans? And if they are god, wouldn't they both speak Hebrew, Greek and English fluently since their "book of instructions" was originated in these languages? Why weren't the "chosen people" (aka the Koreans) the ones to translate the bible?  Another example of members not using logic or research to figure out the fairytales of the WMS leaders. 

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@Mayor that would be great!! I’m currently accepting all lessons.. Lol! Seriously!!

Also I hope he doesn’t come home with a part.. That would be cute.. He’s had 360 waves the whole time I’ve known him!! So it wouldn’t even work.. Were men all made to do so!?!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.