Curious about important verses.

• Creator
    Topic
    WarriorQueen
    Participant

These verses that the wmscog emphasizes on! I don’t know what they all are but I know Col Gen and Rev plays a huge role in the doctrine they teach! (if you know more tell me)

But what do these verses mean to you now compared to what they did in the cog!? Also just curious as to how one completely ignores the surrounding verses, that will definitely tell the whole truth of the scripture in its entirety. Does the truth of scripture become clear to you while you are involved towards the end, something you figure out after, or something you’re still trying to figure out!?

AbbaFather07
    Participant

My husband believes in this bullshit too. Im so tired of it and I feel like Im in a nightmare. No one understands what I’m going through bc a lot of people have never even heard about this cult. When I explain they are like is this a joke…nope real life unfortunately. When I hear myself talk about it I just cant even believe what Im saying its so crazy

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@Hyde wow.. So glad you finally broke free of that bondage!!

@JW yeah I’m satan.. All of us against them are!! It’s ridiculous that my husband’s best friend and soul mate would be working against him!!

@Abba I know what you mean.. Be encouraged, we have to stay humble and encourage our selves through this sometimes.. Plus the people here have been amazing at helping with anything and being encouraging as well! I sent you a message!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Hey Gang. So, I’m going to go a lil’ deeper. The Group leaders up, are given a preaching book called “Staff of Moses”, which are sermons that teach leaders how to break what the call, “false insistences”. (False insistence is what they think is misunderstandings nonmembers use to fight their doctrine).

In Rev 19 & 21 When it talks about Jerusalem from heaven Etc…it Later goes on explaining that the Jerusalem has walls, foundations, gates etc. If you use this to battle them they will say;

The Twelve foundations represent the churches or Tribes.

The Gates, Represent the Apostles (if this is the case there are Major discrepencies)

Here is the issue with this theory. Sidebar* The Several times I had this study, they didnt read ALL of the chapter, with good reason.

Look at Rev 21verse 22 “I did not see a temple there because the Lord were its God and Temple”..Wms first tried to say there is no need for a temple Because why would “mother” need a temple, she is God, so it can’t beba city. But, why would The Lord need to be her God? Hmmm.

Now to Verse 25, which they quicky avoid. “Her gates will never be shut because there is no night.”

If the Apostles are the gates, how do you shit them? Fail on the Wms part. And if its not a city, but a person, why reference night and being worried about being outside in the dark? This clearly shows its a city.

Their justification- They tried to tell us that all of the adorning Jewels represented Zhangs wedding garments. Now mind you, this is just a personal interpretation. The scripture doesnt reference this AT ALL. Thats no different than hearing a knock on your door, and telling your husband/wife, “Its the milkman”. Could be. Could be a robber, the mailman or a cop. But they ALWAYS moved quickly from this.

We were also told that Rev 19:5 was actually Zhang. Before this verse the bible talks about the wedding of the lab has come, and that great voice, was “Mothers”. Well later on the Angle is talking again. The way the verses lead into one another, I interpret it as The ANGEL was saying this). So it would make sense via understandinf progression that;

1.John is told of Jesus weddinf

2. The “Bride” is presented

3. The Jerusalem city comes down and the bride(saints) dwell in that city. If you read it in sequence, from 19-22 it reads like a story. Period. @Warrior Approaching debate with them scripture for scripture is hard. They give answere for EVERYTHING, in this case, even things that can’t be kicked back to another Bible BoOK or verse. They will never say “Im not sure about that”. Its even worse with a title holder or Overseer. As you’ve seen, they often act as if your wasting their time. Again, how do you explain Jerusalem, being mapped out in height, width, its foundations and even how many Gates it had? They couldnt reference it to any other verse so they just wing it.

Hyde
    Participant

@WarriorQueen

I’m still trying to work out the meanings of certain WMS quotes of the scriptures and it’s been more than 2 years since I left WMS.

I know the bible warns against the worship of “the queen of heaven”, in the book of Jeremiah.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Queen-of-Heaven.html

This is a reference to idolatry but it is also a warning against worshiping a false mother goddess. Interestingly there is no other use of the “queen of heaven” phrase found in the bible.

Hyde
    Participant

As for my opinion on Galatians 4:26, it’s a bit more hazy. I have to point out that there are differences between the biblical translations. The NIV quotes “But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother” but the KJV quotes “But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.”. The KJV describes Jerusalem as a place, “which is” and the NIV describes it as a person, “she is”. The problem being that nobody ever seems to come to an agreement on which translation is the correct one. So I think quoting bible out of context is problematic and these days I try to avoid doing it.

The Galatians 4:26 verse can be confusing because it is a verse that comes right in the middle of a speech about Sarah and Hagar, who are two mothers. However, in this verse I think Paul is not referring to “jerusalem above” as a person or deity, but an actual place, because he compares it to another place – the Jerusalem city found here on earth. In my opinion his use of the word ‘mother’ is like when people say “England is my mother country” or “Chinese is my mother tongue”. The term is just a metaphor for ‘place of origin’. Paul uses this symbolism to explain that heaven is our home and therefore our “mother”. He does not talk of  “Jerusalem above” as being a god, or a messiah, or a woman. He compares two realms: an earthly one and a heavenly one. Likewise he compares two covenants, Hagar(earthly) and Sarah (heavenly). WMS only read part of the “Jerusalem above” chapter and when they do this the original context becomes lost. Quoting verses is dangerous in my opinion but WMS do it all the time. They twist the words of the bible into what they want them to be. WMS have interpreted this verse to make it suit their own agenda which is to have us all worshiping Zahng.

jw03550
    Participant

WarriorQueen wrote:

@JW yeah I'm satan.. All of us against them are!! It's ridiculous that my husband's best friend and soul mate would be working against him!!

just remember that it is ridiculous to us but to him its real…for now.  if you dont want to lose him then play along and go to church there and love him even though the church has his brain.  unconditional love wins in the end.  that could be a year, 5, 10, or longer though. 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It's not that we are Satan, its that the cog makes up something to create division. I think that division is what this is really about. Just wait until prophecy is fulfilled and the 144000 are standing on mount zion with Christ. They will wish they never created so much division and kicking themselves. Wmscod. *church of division

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

After leaving the cod, I see the picture the bible paints much more clearly. Going back to the new jerusalem and mama z Rev 21 specifically reads "I saw a new heaven and a new earth for the first earth had passed away…" then it says "I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God."

Therefore it is impossible for mama z to be the new jerusalem because this first earth hasn't passed away yet. The bible is the truth. (why didn't I see this before?)

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It really does read like a story, it's all in chronological order. 

genny
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

It really does read like a story, it's all in chronological order. 

Yes, it's just that wmscog members have told me it's not chronological.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@WarriorQueen Check out Genny’s blog,

http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2014/04/summary-of-wmscog-points-responding-to.html?m=1

She has done a host of responses to WMS jargon. Very informative.

jw03550
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

(why didn't I see this before?)

because anything outside the doctrine was Satan undermining the church?

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@Untouchable.. WOW.. I’d like more info on these false instances!! Very good knowledge to gain from this.. Might have him stumped! I’ll check out gennys blog.. Thanks!

@Hyde.. I’m speechless I’ve never ever heard of or seen this “queen of heaven” scripture.. When I mentioned it to hubby he said he never has either.. I told him he should explore and read it!! He said he’s reading the bible cover to cover now (along with the new knowledge of cog) and says everything makes a lot more sense now the way it’s supposed to be!! So he’s claiming its more proof they are the truth!! I don’t see how that’s ever possible.. But as JW said it’s real to him!! Thanks for the break down on scriptures as well..

@JW.. You think I should go to church with him and risk my soul just to show him love!?! Isn’t me still being here putting up with this foolishness is enough love!?! I pray I don’t have to wait 5 or more years..

@Mayor what does the 144000 prophecy mean to you now!?! That one has me stumped cause they say only some will go yet they all want to go.. How is that possible!?! With there being almost 3 million members!?!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

@Warrior
    . It seems to me that leaders in the cog have a narrow point of view. Out of all the nations, peoples, and churches in the world, the cog believes essentially they have salvation. At this point they will say "we are the 144000" Within the 3 million members the leaders believe only 50 percent will recieve salvation according to the ten virgins prophecy Matthew 25:1-12. But then only within the 50 percent they believe the 144000 are in there. 

Now I used to believe this but I don't anymore because I've found too many errors when I compared the cog to the bible itself. 

I believe the 144000 are from the lost 12 tribes. They are people who have the tribe gene so to speak with the qualities written in Rev 14. Some will be ex cog members. They will have a special spiritual quality that makes them different.  Similar to the ones described in Ezekiel 9:4, but they will have a different quality in the last days.  They will be sealed and saved when God brings disaster on the earth. Many people will still go to heaven. A great multitude along with the 144000 will go to heaven. The 144000 just won't have to die in the end. 

Viewing 14 replies - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.