Scientology as WMSCOG etc

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I feel for the parents. Good for the advertising company that didn't give in to the Scientologist!

There is a new show on Hulu called "The Path." It is about the people in a cult (similar to Scienology) and the doubt that the main character feels (played by Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad). There have been 3 episodes and it is pretty good. Of course there are WMS similarities as well – as all cults have control of their members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgtCSfOED6w

MountainMom
    Participant

I want to see "The Path."  haven't had a chance yet, but I have heard it is good. 

I second what Ms Freedom said about the advertising company that printed the billboard.  The rest of them sold out, literally, to Scientology.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Scientology reminds me a lot of the wmscog. They dress alike and they have someone online doing damage control. (Many other similarities) They do whatever David Miscavage says. They say Scientology could be the next Jonestown. I hope not for families and the children involved in this cult. Im gonna have to check out The Path…I heard Going Clear is a great doc on Scientology.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I would worry if the cog bought a ship and sailed around with members as their crew. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Sheesh….every Port, on every Continent would be annoyed if that happened.

WMS Captain- “Hi, we have this boat full of fruit we are supposed to deliver”

Port Engineer- “Ok..pull into that dock and unload your cargo”

Wms Captain- “Thanks…..hey, can I show you something in the bible really quickly?”

Port Engineer- “No, Im on duty…hey,you said you were unloading “fruit”…all these bins are full of Smiling 23year olds with bibles, dressed in baggy suits, and Long skirts!?”

setufree
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I want to see "The Path."  haven't had a chance yet, but I have heard it is good. 

I second what Ms Freedom said about the advertising company that printed the billboard.  The rest of them sold out, literally, to Scientology.

MM I highly reccomend The Path. Intense show, you can tell the writers did their research.  It hits close to home.

MountainMom
    Participant

I have started to watch it.  I agree, it is good.  There are a lot of similarities to Scientology, but I think it reveals the nature of cults in general very well. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

AbbaFather07 wrote:

They say Scientology could be the next Jonestown.

AbbaFather, never worry like that.  Scientology, like WMSCOG, are ONLY about gathering as much money as they can.  With money comes political power.  Lessons can also be learned from the tremendous financial success of Sung Myung Moon, whose structure WMSCOG leaders emulate.  While cults like these pose psychological threats to individual members at times (sometimes leading to murderous behaviour or suicide), their purpose is far from encouraging collective death.  With cults, follow the money ……

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I feel like the cog is almost a mirror image of the moonies. They are Korean and the true parents. ..mother and father God. How do they know Sun Yung Moon isnt God?? Its just so funny how many people claim to be God and people fall for it! I hope they dont turn into a deadly cult. That is my worst fear.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Comparisons;

WMS-Assigned marriages by the leader or “God”

Moonies Assigned marriages by the leader or. “God”

WMS-Doctrine specific the group; Truth Books

Moonies- Doctrine specifin to group:Divine Principal

WMS- So called God-Founder has sketchy past; Ahn being married but “married to another woman”. Also claimed to be Elijah, predicting the worlds failed wnd.

Moonies- Prior to founding Moonies, told early female members to have sex with him.

Wms-Deep pockets, questionable financial activity

Moonies-Deep pockets questionable financial activity

jw03550
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns2_rDs2cls

Church:  "It is despicable that these individuals would use a private family matter to promote anti-religious hate and bigotry".

Scientology disconnection policy:  disconnect from the antagonistic ex-member

translation:  leave if you want but never say anything against the church.

this family just wants to communicate and spend time with their family members

but now they are seen as evil because they left Scientology.

this is a very good examining topic.  thanks to Heinrich for the post/topic

WarriorQueen
    Participant

I think they do mirror moonies too..

But also a mixture of lot of other religions too!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

WarriorQueen wrote:

I think they do mirror moonies too..

But also a mixture of lot of other religions too!!!

The 7th Day Adventist teachings invest the sewer slop comprising WMSCOG theology (I use that word very loosely in the case of WMSCOG) with a lot of its manure.  However, the Unification Church (aka Moonies), I am convinced, provides WMSCOG with its organizational and developmental plan.  They are too close in my opinion to think otherwise.  The loose tax laws in the US make it easy for organizations like these to amass great wealth and pay no tax on it.  With wealth comes power.  Sun Myung Moon showed Choo Choo Kim and Dong Bong Lee how to build a very successfull operation.  Gotta hand it to em, they followed the playbook and made (and are making) lots of money.  Leaving ruined families and wounded people behind …………… but hey, there's always some cost, ?????

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Hyde Im convinced we as Ex members, are that, “Cost”. Just like the Matrix movie…ex-members are like the freed individuals who return to the matrix and set others free.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Huh? Untouchable. What are you saying? Are going back, and are you going to get members out. It'll have to be a smooth operation. 

You better stop and see the oracle. And what are you gonna do if you an agent finds you?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor If I see an Agent/Overseer…Im running. Hearing them say, ” Wooooowwww”, “Amazinnngggg” for 4years might drive me batty

UntouchableJ
    Participant

*drove me batty

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Hahaha! 

Woooowww, bredder Untouchable. You have returned to zion. So amazing! Thanks to be Father and Mother. Come let us have a meal together. Then let us study the prophecies, later. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Lol. “Ongh..you only here in ziom to slander? Such sinner!”

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

@untouchable. You may not find this funny, but when you first started attending zion, did you ever call your wife "sister?"

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.