An old but disturbing article

• Creator
    Topic
    Hank Ford
    Participant

http://www.ifex.org/mongolia/2012/01/20/tv-8_lawsuit/ 

I was just browsing around the internet and I came across this "older" story regarding a lawsuit filed by the Wmscog against a reporter and I guess the news station he worked for. From what I have read, lawsuits by the wms are certainly not uncommon, it seems like they have sued plenty of people over the years.

The thing I found really disturbing was the alleged actions of the wms members towards the reporter. The article says the reporter was deluged with harrassing phone calls and many death threats from the members.

Does anyone think it's possible that a member could be convinced to harm someone for speaking out against the wms?

Also, I recently read an "unrelated" article about a doctor who was accused of inappropriate touching of his patients. One patient said she just sat there, scared, and didn't move while he touched her because…"he was the doctor" and I guess she felt like he had some kind of power over her.

That article had absolutely nothing to do with the wms, I'm just wondering if any of you ever heard about anybody who felt that kind of power over them while in the Wmscog or if you think it's possible?

Wow, I never seen this article but thanks for sharing, right there there we can see they are showing their true colors, I wonder what my love one would say if i showed her this article…. "ohhh that's just something they made up to make our church look bad, people are evil and they are just persecuting us… cause we are the only ones that know God…' that's just BS

Plus they seeking 22,000 dollars in moral damages… yea what about all the damages your group makes to all the members and their families…They truly make me sick!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Well, early on when I saw the trend of Overseers bad behavior, many members turned thr other cheek. When the Overseer first started with the racial jokes, members would see how furious I was and just whisper, “Brother, just endure”. Well enduring harships and “present sufferings” would be one thing, BFFut I didnt believe God would allow a Leader to cause the sufferings. When I would talk to members about how they felt most would day, “Well…thats who moyher sent us”

Joshua
    Participant

Things like this make me very happy when people like Michelle have not only won these kinds of frivilous lawsuits but have also countered and had this group running for cover. I know if I was being hit with this kind of thing I would go after the financial proof! Show the court just how you have been damaged by my seeking and exposing of the truth. Death threat? I believe that I am going to Heaven when I die. Am I supposed to be afraid of that?

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

We will curse you wow lol so Christian like to threaten right?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.