Racism in the WMSCOG

jw03550
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

You guys are on the same side.

agreed

the point i was attempting to make was that allowing others to have a difference of opinion is a mutually exclusive issue from simple consideration….which quickly morphed into "amending belief systems"…which is not what was being asked to be considered.  ex's will likely be hypersensitive to the "wms feel" for a while.

right now he confuses letting others have free speech with having an open mind.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Selena What always bothered me about that logic, was that forcing that thinking has such bad ramifications. I remember many times, when new brothers started to conform and wear suits, many didnt know how to wear one. A few brothers didnt know how to press/iron a suit, general etiquette etc. I saw alot of brothers with suits that didnt even fit. Sometimes I would give mini dressing lessons to brothers. WMS demands suits of male members, but doesnt teach brothers who have never worn a suit to wear ot properly. I remember a brother asking me “You get every shirt dry cleaned? Isnt that expensive?”

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@untouchablej on one occasion I was not allowed to go preaching and was told the same reason Selena mentioned above. On another occasion, It was after  the sabbath morning worship, a deacon came up to me with a razor and a can of barbasol and said "become a lamb, smaller then the lamb". On both occasions (years apart) they would start with hints and snide remarks ( I think you've got some dirt on your lip) but after they realized that I simply brushed off their comments, they would come after me.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Mayor and Mike wrote:

You guys are on the same side.

agreed

the point i was attempting to make was that allowing others to have a difference of opinion is a mutually exclusive issue from simple consideration….which quickly morphed into "amending belief systems"…which is not what was being asked to be considered.  ex's will likely be hypersensitive to the "wms feel" for a while.

right now he confuses letting others have free speech with having an open mind.

I think the only one who is hypersensitive is you. I understand completely. You had a suggestion about something I could do differently in the video. An honest suggestion, but for my own reasons i'd prefer to do things differently. Then you seemed to take it so personally that I didn't do what you wanted that you became invective. But again, I encourage you, with no sarcasm, please make your own video. It would probably be really good, I would like it, and share it and hype it in social media even.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

@untouchablej on one occasion I was not allowed to go preaching and was told the same reason Selena mentioned above. On another occasion, It was after  the sabbath morning worship, a deacon came up to me with a razor and a can of barbasol and said "become a lamb, smaller then the lamb". On both occasions (years apart) they would start with hints and snide remarks ( I think you've got some dirt on your lip) but after they realized that I simply brushed off their comments, they would come after me.

OH! and another thing I just remembered on this topic: one of the things I was told by a korean brother who was trying to hint and urge me to shave was " bredder…..you look lie towel head!"…………yea……….

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Brian The first overseer said the same to me. “You look like a Muslim”. My response was simply, “What does a Muslim look like? ” Again, silence

David
    Participant

Ok, a couple of years ago a friend of mine and I go out on this clandestine meet up with this guy who needed advice to help his loved one out of the wms.

So my friend who is the nervous type and would really have preferred I didn't drag him out, says, you go in first. I say how come? he says, because I think I'm being followed and this could be a set up.

LOL, so I go first. I go to the spot we are supposed to meet up and I see a guy with a beard and kinda scraggly hair. My friend says, is that him? I say, looks like it. And my friend says, PHEW, it's safe!

I said, what makes you so sure it's safe? He says, look at him, he has a beard and he's dirty, they would never put up with that in the cult!

So yeah, that's my beard story. Sorry, I didn't mean to interupt the arguement, Brian and JW

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@David
    , good story lol sounds like your friend knows the WMS really well. And Its not my intention to argue, I have no bad feelings toward jw, I just don't agree with him, and he doesn't like it.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I like it. The both of you disagreeing. It let’s me chill on the side lines.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Hey JW, where are you? Are you busy working on a video? Have you seen yt lately? It’s getting flooded with current member videos about this and that and “wms gave me all the answers” and thetruewmscog and what not. We need some more videos rolling out here.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@JW Didnt know you werr making vids, would love to check them out.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

At Untouchable, I don’t think he is making a video. He mentioned it. So I’m just telling him he should make one.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@ untouchablej about the whole ” you look like a muslim” thing, that reminds me, one day, not too long ago I was thinking about the symbolic language and code words used by the wms. They say that they are the “spiritual Israelites”. Soooo maybe in some abstract, aphoristic sense, does that make us the ” spiritual hamas” …maybe to them????

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

Thank you all so much for answering my questions. I think I am going to try to invite my friend for a

manicure on Saturday to see if she wants to go with me

and have a girl day wish me luck! I was curious about one thing….what does the church say when one is too sick to attend church and go do “missionary work” do they still encourage you to do it when you are lets say sick on their death bed. Will

The pastors come visit in the hospital excetra or is it like they are guilted into being healed by faith? Also what do they think has happened to brothers and sisters who have passed on? Do they even have funerals or mourn for those who have gone to heaven? Where do they think members are in he afterlife after they die? Are they I purgatory until heavenly mother passes? Thanks in advance!

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@sandiego They would use guilt, through and through. If a member felt too sick too come to sabbath that menber would endup hearing lots of stories about how father and mother came here to sacrifice themselfs for us sinners and that we should sacrifice ourselfs even more…..

And in five years as a member, I never once heard of a death anywhere, amongst any wms zion. I am not saying that they did not happen, I am saying the wms never discloses them. It helps give weight to their “source of everlasting life” thinking

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

So if you were to be diagnosed with let’s say stage 4 cancer….members would guilt you did not being there on the sabbath. That sounds so evil to me. Hospital visits and funerals are kinda the norm in many churches. Even the LDS will visit memebers in the hospital and pray for them. It shocking to me. Memebers have to pass on I mean it’s just part of life. For them to

not have a funeral or burial ritual is mind boggling to me. You would think the love flow would happen when members are ill too and not just when they are trying to indoctrinate you into their beliefs. Is the reason they preach the sabbath message straight off the bat because they automatically want to show that everyone else is wrong and damned? I was so excited when I met my sales team memeber and she said she was a Christian. When I had asked her if she had ever heard of Hillsong and she was completely clueless as to who that Christian worship group was I knew something was up. I mean even Mormons and a Christians listen to some of the same hymns. My friend who is I think teeter tottering on the line and still

Going on Saturdays told me that the worship music at the church is boring and that she still

listens to Gospel music. So strange. This whole thing.

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

It was supposed to say members have to pass away in the first paragraph. Thanks

Sandiegogirl619
    Participant

it was supposed to say pass away but it keeps putting asterisks in he word pass….the word die or death is so morbid but that was the concept I was meaning to question…

Brian Taylor
    Participant

If a member were deathbed sick, the leaders would keep it under wraps too not undermind the magic power of the passover. It would get swept under the rug.

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.