WMSCOG on Instagram

• Creator
    Topic
    Felicia1122
    Participant

I might be late on this, but I just never thought to look them up on instagram.  Funny because they tell people to go check out those crazy YouTube videos and see the latest posts.  I look at some of their followers and who they follow and im shaking my head.  Im taking screen shots, half nude women, guns, NON-WMSCOG things on some of their follwers pages. Looks like the devil still have his grip on a few.

Felicia1122
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

We are off topic from the original post. We'll have steer it back and talk about it "later."

But I'm still trying learn and understand the ways of the WMS South Koreans. I know they are all about their appearances. In my zion they put on good appearances and pretended not to care about money at least. But behind the appearances they really wanted lots.

I wonder if getting a bigger building was for appearances and for appearances among the group, the other zion's. I'm not sure where your overseer's priorities are. Maybe appearances are number 1.

Getting free labor is really good. But you don't move up if you can't afford the utility bills already. From my experience some wms SK seem narrow minded.

I'm still trying to figure these guys out.

Free labor is right.  The cult my sister attends here had their memebers remodel the inside of the building and it was a lot of work.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

We are off topic from the original post. We’ll have steer it back and talk about it “later.”

But I’m still trying learn and understand the ways of the WMS South Koreans. I know they are all about their appearances. In my zion they put on good appearances and pretended not to care about money at least. But behind the appearances they really wanted lots.

I wonder if getting a bigger building was for appearances and for appearances among the group, the other zion’s. I’m not sure where your overseer’s priorities are. Maybe appearances are number 1.

Getting free labor is really good. But you don’t move up if you can’t afford the utility bills already. From my experience some wms SK seem narrow minded.

I’m still trying to figure these guys out.

I think it is about appearences. When we need something, even a small item, it had to be New and Top of the line. If the brothers needed a Drill, instead of a used one from a consignment shop, we had a super drill. In my state, we can get hit with snow pretty bad. We had to get this huge, self propelled Snowblower. It was crazy, but the Overseer was excited and wouldnt let anyone else use it. Until it broke.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Here in India the zions labour is totally free they only spend on material like cement,sand etc,for example the breaking of walls is done by the adult brothers & youth brother carrying of the broken debris is done by the adults sisters.When ever there is building of zion going on food is prepared by adult sisters normal staple diet.The food also is sponsored by members,zion provides snacks and some beverage like pepsi,coke etc..Carpentary,sliding windows,making of toilets etc is done by members who have half knowledge including plumbing as long as the money is saved.Pastor will call all large group leaders male and female and say that mother has blessed us with a bigger zion and she has paid for the rent etc looking at the convinence of all members so we must be thankful,now our zion needs some new AC split units,chairs,tables,sound system,projector etc so we cant depend on mother for every thing,suddenly you will hear one large group leader who is a missionary has sponsored the AC,some will give the chairs etcMy zion in Borivli where i use to attend they rented a godown (store house)which had rough walls about 6000sq foot all the rough wall were covered with plaster of paris by the members them selves and even painted some were called from other zion to help.Here the cunning thing is the pastor knows how to play his cards like who to ask and when to ask he is also aware which sermon to give and which video to show after the service when the zions are being built always examples are given of zion building of countries like USAand Nepal videos will be shown and stories will be told.Once i meet apastor from Hydrabad who was transfered to mumbai he was such a clown he would like to praise his own tail during sermons like i have gathered 300 members in one zion and so on ,but he was actualy trying to tell me the previous pastor establised many churches but had less members which is foolish.I know of a pastor who stayed here for 3  months and returned back only because the previous pastors accounts in the church wouldnt tally he told mother he would like to return back to Korea because pereviously he faced the same problem with accounts when this pastor Won was in Pakistan. Through this we can see and understand the grip they have on money.When it comes to helping a sick dying member in hospital who has help them carry their debris it is a big SORRY.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Abighail- USA zions would tell the story of that Pastor who bore 300″fruit. They would use it to guilt trip us; “Americans have so much arrogance, brothers and sisters in other countries have so much less.” But we never realized that they were extorting memebers everywhere.

Momsix828
    Participant

I have noticed my son( who is very zealous and has been in five years) spends a fortune on his clothes. He has a closet full of very expensive suits with everything matching. He always looks like a million bucks. He has a very nice new red car. He makes good money but before this he was pretty frugal. Certainly not spending so much attention on the way he looked.

MountainMom
    Participant

My son also has tons of suits.  When I first found out about the church, he wasn't wearing suits at all.  I made him promise me he wouldn't wear a suit, and he thought it was strange, but he promised me that.  One month later he was wearing suits and never has stopped.  The reason I didn't want him to wear a suit is that I knew he had to do that if he wanted to go to Korea to meet Mother God.  I thought maybe that would keep him out of their required outfit for that trip.  It didn't.  He went five months later. 

But in the bible it says not to give the "best seats" to those who are dressed the best or appear to have money.  They just gloss right over those kinds of things, don't they?  They have to look "blessed" and to them having money is blessed.  I know one ex member who said he was called aside and rebuked because his shirt was a bit wrinnkled one day.   It is all about appearances. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mountain Funny you mentioned that scripture from James. The Overseer during pictures for the feasts, would tell brothers who didnt have on suits, to go to the back. He would say how how “ungraceful” it was. I’ve heard varying reasons for this. I also noticed they want the suits to be non-modern. Brothers many times looked like Car salesman (suits misfiting). I wore modern suits, tailored with lapel flowers and modern shirts. When brothers started following and dressing modern, they were rebuked. The Overseer told one brother to take off his lapel flower and called it “ugly”

MountainMom
    Participant

I can't imagine going to church and having anyone criticize whatever I was wearing, much less to have the poor manners to call it "ugly."    The word that always fits is "outrageous."  These types would have also rebuked Jesus for having dusty sandals.  Which He did sometimes.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Speaking about fancy new red cars for a second, did you guys know you can buy a 2016 dodge with a supercharged 6.2 litre hemi V8. That’s 700 horsepower. That’s nuts! Not that I need one to take me to the grocery store and back. But you can get that engine in a charger or a challenger. ๐Ÿ˜€

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Speaking about fancy new red cars for a second, did you guys know you can buy a 2016 dodge with a supercharged 6.2 litre hemi V8. That's 700 horsepower. That's nuts! Not that I need one to take me to the grocery store and back. But you can get that engine in a charger or a challenger. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wow M&M!  Sometimes I wonder about you.  Lol!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

You wonder about me Mountain Mom? Haha. I need to work on my blogging ways and my comments. When I’m out for a half a day trolling the internet and I pass away along some info I find out there, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s directly related to me. I like Ford and Nissan btw. But a street legal 700 hp ride that I would use to get groceries blows my mind. Much like the WMS, I better just stay away.

Sorry, what we’re you guys talking about back there?

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

You wonder about me Mountain Mom? Haha. I need to work on my blogging ways and my comments. When I'm out for a half a day trolling the internet and I pass away along some info I find out there, it doesn't necessarily mean it's directly related to me. I like Ford and Nissan btw. But a street legal 700 hp ride that I would use to get groceries blows my mind. Much like the WMS, I better just stay away.

Sorry, what we're you guys talking about back there?

We were talking about how members were rebuked for not dressing like Little Lord Fauntleroy!   And having their clothing choices/style called "ugly" by overseers.  Wow.  Church leaders being so concerned about how their members look instead of what is in their hearts.  Pretty superficial and appearance oriented, I'd say.They would have criticized Jesus 2,000 years ago.  Dare I say, persecute?  Lol

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Brothers were always rebuked for clothing. My wife and I would debate sometimes, because sisters were never spoken to. Some women would wear really tight and high skirts, super high heels etc. But let a brother wear a sweater instead of a suit, or not wear a tie. You would think hell froze over. Everything that doesn’t fit the mold was considered “ungraceful”.

setufree
    Participant

Depends I guess.  Sisters weren't rebuked harshly but were definitley spoken to about attire.  I remember an American  female leader going off on a girl because of something that her t-shirt said, even though it was a "cleaning zion" day.  She had to remove the shirt, it really embarrassed the girl.  Also they pressured members to shop at thrift stores to save on clothing (I guess so they had more to offer/tithe).  Nothing wrong with thrift shops but again it was that exterior show that they had to put on for the public image.

The nicest cars I had seen in the local zions were leader cars. Mercedes, lexus and an older model mercedes church van. 

People in the place, just loved those little power trips.  Any shaming about anything was always spoken to in front of others, they never would take someone aside.  It's like they wanted to constantly prove that Mother had given them authority.

jw03550
    Participant

Conformity trumps ink-on-paper any day of the week.

conformity is normal – not just for suit wearing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6l1LuqoM_0

regarding this video from UC-Berkeley…groups like FLDS, and many others often discourage knowledge outside of their doctrine.  Not sure how many college drop-outs are there at wmscog, but my friend graduated from college – I think because his mom told him that if he dropped out then he was definitely in a cult.  Anyway, Berkeley is a highly ranked school (out there in the "worldly" world anyway).  I just see some of the points in this thread as really bagging on members that "don't see the problem"….if we have a pulse we simply dont often see the hidden issues with conformity….

wmscog current members:  we love you unconditionally.  mistakes are made and its ok.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

When you enter the WMS, you are expected to conform. You are expected to follow the group. While you become under the control of the overseer, you are expected to talk, act, and dress to the pastor’s way. For example ASH combed his hair a certain. The overseer combs his hair that same way. Then deacons and brothers are to conform by combing their hair that same way. Has anyone noticed that?

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor The part thing, is asked of male members. It is supposedly only asked of faithful members. I saw many brothers, attempt the rediculous comb-over. I’ve also seen many African American brothers who had dreadlocks, suddenly cut them. Amazingly they all had the same answer (And I asked them), “Oh, I just wanted to try somethimg different.” Now, I havent heard all the scriptural justifications that they try and use. I was tols that they equate the dresscode to being “Dressed properly for the heavenly wedding banquet”. Its ridiculous. So ASH had a part. He also wore glasses…why not that? As I’ve stated before, an Overseer tried to get me to trim my gotee, and another brother tried to convince me to shave it off. Facial hair is another conform the require. Seldom will you see full beards, gotees or any facial hair.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

True Untouchable. The appearance conformity that exists is cultural I think. It’s not necessarily within the wms only. Have you seen the news article or video about how the males in North Korea all cut their hair like their leader, Kim Jong Un?

If you grow a beard, a goatee, you are not conforming to the group, to their standard. I’m not sure how they feel about unconformity but I think it’s really looked down upon, and it might be a big no no. But yet they don’t really teach you their group values and expectations.

I think one their opera singers in Korea has a beard. It plays.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Its def. indicative to their culture. I’ve never met a Korean with any facial hair. Japan is way more modern. Since Korea is rooted in Confucianism and Shamanism, a person simply is supposed to do as told without question. So when they ask a non-spiritual request like “Bredder, you shuld shave”, they expect conformity. What they fail to realize is that social norms (in this case, clothing and facial hair) is set by the society. Wearing a Kilt in Scotland is normal, wearing a Kilt in Iraq may get you killed. Im saying that to say, their “custom” is far from heavenly…but merely Korean customs. And this shows they have a fleshy, non spiritual, sinful way of thinking.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

It’s true, its not in their genes. But never having to shave is a good thing. Unless you want to sport one for looks. I actually saw a guy wearing a kilt yesterday walking on the sidewalk. It still looks like a man in a dress to me. But that’s culture.

As for obeying without questioning, it puts a cramp in my neck. I’m full of questions. I have one of those inquiring minds. I’m on a need to know basis and I need to know.

I can’t believe they think their customs are heavenly, they are not in tune with the bible. I’ll have to give examples later.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.