Aren't Churches suppose to be welcoming?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the wmscog zion in Honolulu………….Not too far from Pearl Harbor Base and walking distance from off base housing.

Does this look welcoming?  IMO – NO!!!!!!!!

Brian Taylor
    Participant

You must bear in mind that in some instances, in the bible, Zion is referred to as a "fortress". It would just seem that the WMSCOG has taken this a bit literally.( Im just being silly…..well sort of) But either waym good pictures! they offer some insight into the true nature of this "church"

Smurf
    Participant

I don't want to play the devil's advocate here, but the WMS is one of the most welcoming churches out there. Maybe that's why they are having such success. It might not be geniuine, but I did feel very welcome there. As opposed to congregations of mainstream denominations that sometimes come off as rude and hostile.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I hear you Smurf but they are not sincere based on my experiences. It really has little or less to do with the bible. I feel it’s more about money. However, it doesn’t matter to me as much. If the congregation wants to prove them, I suggest they all refrain from tithing for a year – all members, and I assure you they will see a different type of preaching. Don’t get me wrong a vast majority of christ so called churches are about the money, but wmscog is a new age deceptive preaching. It’s focus is on money and destruction.

Azula
    Participant

I thought that according to the bible that there were thousands of watchers/seraphs guarding zion not actual cameras. There must be a New Testament explanation to this. Just like how everytime you see the word east it means Korea.

Hong Gil-dong
    Participant

Speaking of welcoming – this is the "Zion" in Vienna, Austria. It's not the whole building, it's only one floor and I bet you can guess which one. I'm going to give you a clue: you can find it in the book of Ephesians:

1e1

1b92f0528

Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light…

It's all secrets with this group. That's why the blinds on every window are down. Always. They have thick curtains on the inside too. They can't hide from God though. Shine the light, people. Shine the light!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.