I'm thinking about returning.

• Creator
    Topic
    debbiedowner
    Participant

Ever since I stopped going to Zion, I have felt that I am going to burn in hell. I was in the biblical discussions and user Simon makes excellent points about how what the WMSCOG is teaching is the truth. An example of this would be Sabbath Day.

Joshua
    Participant

Sarah, I remember some of the conversations when you were coming out. I also admire how strong you have gotten over time. When I think about leaving the forum I simply remember the folks over the years that had the courage to not only leave but get into the fight to free others. You rock girl! This goes for all of you that have done the same no matter if you were a member or just somebody effected by the WMSCOG.

David
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

David, respectully I understand your point, however, I don't view it quite as a recovering process. The pain will always be there for me. In fact, the thought of Wmscog disgusts me to the very core. So I doubt that's called recovering. At least not in my case. I don't think of ever going back and NEVER will. At times, we just need to not look back…. For me looking back or feeling like I want to go back means I didn't really understand why i left in the first place. We must know or understand why we made that decision to leave in the first place. One can't quit an addiction if they don't even understand the reason the addiction is bad for them. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but that's really how I feel about it.

Sarah, I completely agree with you. As you said, "one can't quit an addiction if they don't understand the reason the addiction is bad for them" that's really the type of help I feel someone in DD's position needs.

Ps. The WMSCOG disgusts me to the very core as well.

Pss. I also agree with Joshua, You Rock!

Sarah2013
    Participant

Mountainmom…..I so believe we all mean well. We just take different roads to arrive at our destination. As much as I can’t stand wmscog, I still feel one needs to understand why they are not the true church or of Christ prior to leaving.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Yes, Joshua…. fortunately enough I wasn’t as in as most people were. I was always suspiciou. Please post more jokes. They are so entertaining.

MountainMom
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Mountainmom…..I so believe we all mean well. We just take different roads to arrive at our destination. As much as I can't stand wmscog, I still feel one needs to understand why they are not the true church or of Christ prior to leaving.

I agree completely Sarah.  And none of your posts have ever offended me, they are spot on. I feel the same way about the wmscog, it is a disgusting organization, and a complete scam.  I also agree that it leaves a deep painful scar, not only for the ex members, but their families.  Yet they deny it, and your family member who is in this "church" discounts the pain they are causing.  "My family is exaggerating, they aren't respecting me, they are hurting ME."  The member is miserable, and their family is miserable, and the only ones who aren't are the leaders who are laughing all the way to the bank. 

Simon
    Participant

I don’t want anyone to take anything i say as reason to stay with wmscog

Even if they getsome things right that doesn’t make them right

Joshua
    Participant

Thank you for posting this response Simon. I didn't want to speak for you but I know you don't want people being mislead by some of our early discussions.

debbiedowner
    Participant

I haven’t thought about the WMSCOG. My mind was taken off of it because of school and work in addition to being sick. It feels like it has been months, but it hasn’t been that long. It hasn’t even been a month. Today I saw one of the “sisters” preaching to my fellow classmates. I wanted to warn them, but I chickened out and snuck out of the restaurant before any of the “sisters” saw me. That feeling of wanting to return came and then it was followed by sudden anger and I’ve been depressed for the rest of day, unable to focus on anything. I think I need to see a therapist and talk to them about this so that I can move on.

Thank you for your support! It’s greatly appreciated and not taken for granted.

Sarah, I left because none of it was making sense to me anymore and they weren’t answering my questions. I left because I didn’t feel what they were saying. In my heart, I know I made the right decision and that I was being manipulated. But some things they said made sense to me on some days while a lot of it never does. Sometimes I feel like going back and I don’t even know why. It’s obvious that they don’t love me unconditionally. They stopped speaking to me after I asked too many questions and missed a Sabbath.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

debbiedowner wrote:

I haven't thought about the WMSCOG. My mind was taken off of it because of school and work in addition to being sick. It feels like it has been months, but it hasn't been that long. It hasn't even been a month. Today I saw one of the "sisters" preaching to my fellow classmates. I wanted to warn them, but I chickened out and snuck out of the restaurant before any of the "sisters" saw me. That feeling of wanting to return came and then it was followed by sudden anger and I've been depressed for the rest of day, unable to focus on anything. I think I need to see a therapist and talk to them about this so that I can move on.

Thank you for your support! It's greatly appreciated and not taken for granted.

Sarah, I left because none of it was making sense to me anymore and they weren't answering my questions. I left because I didn't feel what they were saying. In my heart, I know I made the right decision and that I was being manipulated. But some things they said made sense to me on some days while a lot of it never does. Sometimes I feel like going back and I don't even know why. It's obvious that they don't love me unconditionally. They stopped speaking to me after I asked too many questions and missed a Sabbath.

I vividly remember all of the feelings you describe here. The iniitial aftermath of leaving the group was the most vulnerable period of time. Anything that bore simularity to anything in the WMSCOG would make me flash back to old feelings.

David
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

debbiedowner wrote:

I haven't thought about the WMSCOG. My mind was taken off of it because of school and work in addition to being sick. It feels like it has been months, but it hasn't been that long. It hasn't even been a month. Today I saw one of the "sisters" preaching to my fellow classmates. I wanted to warn them, but I chickened out and snuck out of the restaurant before any of the "sisters" saw me. That feeling of wanting to return came and then it was followed by sudden anger and I've been depressed for the rest of day, unable to focus on anything. I think I need to see a therapist and talk to them about this so that I can move on.

Thank you for your support! It's greatly appreciated and not taken for granted.

Sarah, I left because none of it was making sense to me anymore and they weren't answering my questions. I left because I didn't feel what they were saying. In my heart, I know I made the right decision and that I was being manipulated. But some things they said made sense to me on some days while a lot of it never does. Sometimes I feel like going back and I don't even know why. It's obvious that they don't love me unconditionally. They stopped speaking to me after I asked too many questions and missed a Sabbath.

I vividly remember all of the feelings you describe here. The iniitial aftermath of leaving the group was the most vulnerable period of time. Anything that bore simularity to anything in the WMSCOG would make me flash back to old feelings.

Full disclosure, sometimes I think back about how great it felt when I was being "love bombed", I liked it a lot! Everybody liked me there. They all said I was funny and handsome!    Then of course, I remember, they didn't mean it, it was all fake. Phooey, LOL

I still feel stupid for falling for that and I am def not going back!

Sarah2013
    Participant

Debbie, I honestly do understand what you mean. I just didn’t want to stop you from going back if it was what you wanted. My personal opinion would be don’t look back. There is a lot going on in this crazy world and one of the greatest deception has been done through money. There are so many organizations out there using the bible in a distorted way to make money. They pretend, and pretend they mean well but the reality is it’s all geared toward money. All this ahsanghon business or mother God is all for riches and nothing else. If it isnt, then I want to see them do the impossible. So many of their members are struggling and unable to channel through life and afraid of the end of the world. They assume they will flee to mount Zion, but there isn’t a mount Zion as they explain. Why are they not going out of their way to help their needy members? Or better yet, do they even really know who their needy members are? Why are they only presenting a show for the camera? Why are they suing people when attacked? Does that sound like what Jesus would do? Do you really think Jesus will even sue his enemies??? Think about it. The same bible they read from says you will know them by their fruit. Dig into your bible and you will see the lies of the world. Don’t get me wrong, they are not alone, there are so many other false churches out there. What I hate about this one is the idea of introducing a false God. There is no other God aside from the one true holy God -Jesus. Not even the pope is close to God. I fear no one but God as I say this because only the true and living God has the power to save and to destroy. Trust and believe in your gut feeling Debbie, I promise you they are not what you think.

maxwellmcgregor
    Participant

debbiedowner, I hope you have not returned. You do not need to go back to them and beg for their forgiveness in order to go to heaven, because they are not the ones to grant you the forgiveness or guarantee you a place in heaven. The people who preached, baptized, and attended services with you in the same room will all be in the same group with you when it is time to determine who goes to hell, and who goes to heaven. None of them will be asked if they think you belong in hell or heaven. Each one will be judged according to their deeds. And if you imagine that say, you have your own personal scroll, with all your deeds written down, you can be sure that none of the other people could, can, or will ever be able to modify that scroll, or even see it.

I think it is very good that in your heart you know that you made the right choice. Faith is something that is in your heart, and I hope that silly outside forces, like threats of going to hell just because you are not a member of certain man-established organization, will not break you. Attending church is supposed to be a fulfilling, joyful experience; it should be the time that you dedicate to taking care of your soul right at the moment – after all, your soul does not appear just after your physical body is dead, your soul is with your body throughout your whole life. If the body and the soul are gifts from divinity, the best way you can show your appreciation of those gifts is taking good care of them: keeping your body healthy, and keeping your soul at peace. Living in constant fear, or constant conflict within self is not something that will keep your soul at peace – it’s more like keeping your soul in hell even before the day of judgement comes…

Jane
    Participant

Obviously most of you here clearly don’t believe the bible which is sad. Because IF you did, as Gods people you would clearly see what the bible is about. The Bible testifies about the Savior. The Savior in the Age of the Father was Jehovah, Jesus in the Age of the son and the Spirit and the Bride in the Age of the Holy Spirit. Revelations 21;17 The Spirit and the Bride give the water of life which is Eternal life. Listen if you don’t want to believe in them, no one is making you. But why do you use so much time to slander the Church of God ? Everything they teach is in the bible. How about the Catholic Church they don’t follow the bible, you have nothing to say about that? As a matter of fact none of the churches are keeping Gods commands. But are you saying anything about that ? Then really what is your purpose against the church that keeps all the teaching of the bible ?!? What do you gain by making them come out ? The Bible says there are 2 gates the narrow and the wide. Many are going through the wide, they are being misled but only a few go through the narrow. If you have no knowledge of the bible or haven’t studied please don’t use precious time to mislead those that are trying to know God. Please people don’t listen to everything you see on the Internet, most of it is not true. Make sure you know who it’s coming from. Not just someone’s opinion.

Jane
    Participant

” Faith is not in your heart”, how does that make any sense ? By Faith Abraham, Noah, all the forefathers of Faith took action. Faith without deeds is useless. Please don’t listen to those that Don’t believe in The Bible or God. There is also much evidence that proves the bible is Fact through many discoveries. One of them being the Dead Sea Scrolls found on 1947.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Jane
    :  Do you believe what you read in the Bible?  Because I came up with at least 18 times where God was quoted as saying "I am the only one."  And I am told there are over 100 scriptures attesting to that. How many times and in how  many ways does He have to say it?  Do you think God lies?  I don't.  Yet your "group" says that there is a Mother God, and that Ahn is God as well?  The Bible never says a word about their names.    I am sorry you fell for the lies told by the leaders of the wmscog.  The members, probably such as yourself, are good people for the most part, who want to form a bond with God.  It is too bad that by being a member there, you are being led so far astray in the opposite direction. 

In answer to your comment about not believing what you read on the internet and to make sure you know who you are talking to, well I agree with you.  I want you to know that I don't believe everything or everyone on the internet.  But when I talk to a large number of these people face to face and even more over the phone, then there is credibility.  When every single experience they have mirrors mine, then there is credibility. 

This group is a family and relationship destroyer.  That is front and foremost.  It also derails college aspirations, careers, and finances.  The people who come out of there regain happiness and feel free.  But it takes a while to get over the phobias and fears that are ingrained in them, and the regret they have for wasting their time there.    But it happens!  No one stays in a cult forever.  The main reason being quoted as to why they quit the wms is that they found out they were being lied to.  Lied to.  Can you imagine being lied to by the very people you put complete faith in?  People who talk directly to  God the Mother on their cell phones?  After they are out, then they are lied ABOUT as well.  They are basically demonized by the members they left behind.  That is what I am hearing from former members. Rumors are spread, all of a sudden, even members who gave so much effort for so many years, are portrayed in the worst way possible.  Lies are told so other members think anyone who leaves is a bad person and is going to burn in hell.  That is so much baloney.

Joshua
    Participant

Jane wrote:

Obviously most of you here clearly don't believe the bible which is sad. Because IF you did, as Gods people you would clearly see what the bible is about. The Bible testifies about the Savior. The Savior in the Age of the Father was Jehovah, Jesus in the Age of the son and the Spirit and the Bride in the Age of the Holy Spirit. Revelations 21;17 The Spirit and the Bride give the water of life which is Eternal life. Listen if you don't want to believe in them, no one is making you. But why do you use so much time to slander the Church of God ? Everything they teach is in the bible. How about the Catholic Church they don't follow the bible, you have nothing to say about that? As a matter of fact none of the churches are keeping Gods commands. But are you saying anything about that ? Then really what is your purpose against the church that keeps all the teaching of the bible ?!? What do you gain by making them come out ? The Bible says there are 2 gates the narrow and the wide. Many are going through the wide, they are being misled but only a few go through the narrow. If you have no knowledge of the bible or haven't studied please don't use precious time to mislead those that are trying to know God. Please people don't listen to everything you see on the Internet, most of it is not true. Make sure you know who it's coming from. Not just someone's opinion.

Jane, it's good that you are willing to defend what you believe is right. What's bad is that obviously you have not read the Bible. I'm sure that you know the verses that speak of not adding to or leaving out things in the Bible. You are claiming that the WMSCOG keeps the commands written in the Bible. If that's true then where does your group hide the bodies of all of the disobedient children they have put to death? There are over three hundred scriptures that speak to the fact that there is only one God one of those scriptures is located in the Ten Commandments. Oh Snap! Here's something else for you to research; there are over two hundred scriptures that tell us we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus the Christ. I'll bet you're buying the lies that somehow Ahn and/or Zahng are Jesus. Jesus is the name in this time and the next until the end of time. (Not my own words! If you knew the Bible and believed in it you would already know this!) Please do some research and stop letting this group spoon feed you like some kind of baby. God gave you a brain and He expects you to use it. It really doesn't matter if other churches are doing it right or not the fact is that the WMSCOG is doing it way wrong. Learn the truth and get out of this trap you're in.

Simon
    Participant

let’s say for sake of argument the Bible did testify about a mother god

God by definition is not a liar nor is God incapable of properly calculating we can demonstrate lies and inconsistent calculations of holy days

Even if for sake of argument the Catholic Church disobey the Bible that does not make your church obey the Bible

MountainMom
    Participant

Simon wrote:

let's say for sake of argument the Bible did testify about a mother god

God by definition is not a liar nor is God incapable of properly calculating we can demonstrate lies and inconsistent calculations of holy days

Even if for sake of argument the Catholic Church disobey the Bible that does not make your church obey the Bible

True, Simon.  The Bible says that we all fall short of perfection as far as following the Bible.  Anyone, even the pastors of the wms, who says they follow the Bible exactly is simply a liar.  I have had a deacon in the wms tell me that he follows the Bible exactly.  And it couldn't be further from the truth.  I can accept that people fall short of perfection, as long as they admit it.  That's honesty.  I just have trouble with those so arrogant and dishonest that they can't admit it.  That goes for all religions, but has special meaning for leaders in the wms since they must profess "perfection" that doesn't exist.

MountainMom
    Participant

In addition, I remember a passage where someone called Jesus "good" and he protested.  He said "Why do you call me good?  Only my Father is good."  Wonder why he didn't say "only Father AND Mother are good?"  Is she not good?  (Me asking rhetorical questions again)

But if Jane is still here, maybe she could give me a suitable answer.  I look forward to it.

Kai TIng
    Participant

Humans are flawed, nobody can understand the Bible 100%. I am perfectly fine with that.

Huge problems arise when, in order to force some kind of answer, people twist words of the Bible and misuse verses and totally ignore what the Bible says.

wmscog members testimonials always say stuff like "I have all my questions answered!", "everything is so clear to me now!", etc. But is that the right way? Is it right to invent ideas on the fly, to change teachings constantly, to twist scriptures and cherry pick verses, just so that your burning questions can be answered?

I admit that I am flawed, that there are things I don't know, but I am totally fine with that. I put my trust in God and am assured that things will go well, even if my knowledge is very limited and I don't have the answer to everything.

After all, God did not expect us to be perfect.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.