I'm thinking about returning.

• Creator
    Topic
    debbiedowner
    Participant

Ever since I stopped going to Zion, I have felt that I am going to burn in hell. I was in the biblical discussions and user Simon makes excellent points about how what the WMSCOG is teaching is the truth. An example of this would be Sabbath Day.

MountainMom
    Participant

D.D, I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of going back, but it is the mind control talking.  If we were still under Mosaic Law then we would have to keep Saturday Sabbath, but we are not.  Jesus freed us from that.  The Jews are the only ones who still have to keep it. 

I think you may have misunderstood Simon.  He is a former member, so I don't see him trying to get anyone back in there.  But I will leave it up to him to speak for himself. 

Please look at the videos done by former members such as Alicia Monet and Brian Taylor.  They quit for many reasons, but the unreasonable phobias and fears instilled by the church leaders were a part of that.  The phobias are instilled as a method to control members so that they are afraid to leave.  Will you let them do that to you?  It is your choice, but you really should do more research on your own.  The members who have said that they are so happy to be out of there, and they finally feel free.

You need to understand that the wms mixes truths in the Bible with their own fabrications.  You want to listen to what the Bible says and follow it, but then they add something to the verses that simply isn't there.  It just fits their agenda.  Please let the Bible speak to you individually.  Our spirituality and relationship with God is individual, when it comes right down to it.  Hear God without them in your ear distracting you from the real message.  Good luck DD.

debbiedowner
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

D.D, I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of going back, but it is the mind control talking.  If we were still under Mosaic Law then we would have to keep Saturday Sabbath, but we are not.  Jesus freed us from that.  The Jews are the only ones who still have to keep it. 

I think you may have misunderstood Simon.  He is a former member, so I don't see him trying to get anyone back in there.  But I will leave it up to him to speak for himself. 

Please look at the videos done by former members such as Alicia Monet and Brian Taylor.  They quit for many reasons, but the unreasonable phobias and fears instilled by the church leaders were a part of that.  The phobias are instilled as a method to control members so that they are afraid to leave.  Will you let them do that to you?  It is your choice, but you really should do more research on your own.  The members who have said that they are so happy to be out of there, and they finally feel free.

You need to understand that the wms mixes truths in the Bible with their own fabrications.  You want to listen to what the Bible says and follow it, but then they add something to the verses that simply isn't there.  It just fits their agenda.  Please let the Bible speak to you individually.  Our spirituality and relationship with God is individual, when it comes right down to it.  Hear God without them in your ear distracting you from the real message.  Good luck DD.

But it does say that we are to keep Sabbath Day on the seventh day, according to God's commandments listed in Exodus. So WMSCOG isn't teaching people wrong. I feel like I made a mistake by ostracizing myself and listening to my physical family and friends. Perhaps it's true that my spiritual family does know what is best for me. However, I'm not even sure that they're my spiritual family. They've stopped talking to me ever since I stopped following God's commands due to my worldly family.

Smurf
    Participant

Well, debbie, if you believe that a deaf lady and a dead guy can grant you eternal life you are free to go back to Sun Myung Moon. Or was it Jeong Myeong-Seok? Wait, maybe it was Lee Man-Hee? Or Park Ock-Soo? Or Ahn Sahng Hong? There are so many second comings, i wish i knew which one to choose. If only there was something in the Bible about it… Matt24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

So yeah, go ahead and put yourself back under the law, the one which Jesus freed you from, and make His doings pointless.

I do have to express my suspicions that you were never really out in the first place. In which case: How can you live with yourself going about and deceiving people all the time without any remorse? This is the definition of evil. I have always marveled at the way the WMS members can lie so easily without even flinching.

debbiedowner
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

Well, debbie, if you believe that a deaf lady and a dead guy can grant you eternal life you are free to go back to Sun Myung Moon. Or was it Jeong Myeong-Seok? Wait, maybe it was Lee Man-Hee? Or Park Ock-Soo? Or Ahn Sahng Hong? There are so many second comings, i wish i knew which one to choose. If only there was something in the Bible about it… Matt24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

So yeah, go ahead and put yourself back under the law, the one which Jesus freed you from, and make His doings pointless.

I do have to express my suspicions that you were never really out in the first place. In which case: How can you live with yourself going about and deceiving people all the time without any remorse? This is the definition of evil. I have always marveled at the way the WMS members can lie so easily without even flinching.

I have officially been out of it for less than a week. I first stopped attending Sabbath on Saturday, but I had bible studies with them, in which they answered my questions. When I argued with them about a few things, they stopped contacting me. I guess it is up to me to choose between my spiritual family and my physical or otherwise worldly family and friends. The sister assigned to watch over me told me that she stopped seeing her friends because they would argue with her about the church. She said that if my friends really loved me, they would just be supportive instead of questioning what I was doing.

Jesus freed me from the Law of Moses, but he instilled his own law, which is the Law of Christ, right? Doesn't that include keeping the Sabbath on the seventh day?

debbiedowner
    Participant

I am so confused. Part of me thinks they were manipulating/deceiving me with their teachings and part of me thinks I am making the wrong decision, that I'm going to burn in hell, and that I should beg for their forgiveness. 

MountainMom
    Participant

You are listening to men about the Bible DD, instead of listening to the Bible as it stands.  The wms leaders are adding to the Bible, and that is not right according to THE BIBLE.  You need to admit to yourself that  you are listening to men rather than the Bible, and that is something the wms adamantly says you aren't to do (even though they themselves do it) If you aren't listening to men, then tell me, did you come up with the name Ahnsahnghong, or the story about the "Mother God" on your own?  Some man told you about them, am I not correct? 

I am sorry you are confused, but you need only to do some research on your own and listen to your family, and yes, I do mean your physical family.  They are the ones who want the best for you and do not have a hidden agenda to take over your time, talents, and treasure.  They are the ones worried about you, and they are suffering. 

If you have so little free will and reasoning ability that you can no longer trust yourself to make decisions, then I really do worry about you.   I wish you well and hope you can find your way clear. 

Selena
    Participant

Hi, Debbie I am a former member. I left earlier this year and the way you are feeling is normal. I felt this way for the first 4 months. There are lots of emotional lows due to the fact you suppressed your feelings for so long inside. As mountain mom said the videos by Brian Taylor and Alicia monet are awesome. They helped me alot. If you need someone to talk to please pm me. I understand what you are going through. Its normal to feel that way but just ask yourself would a loving and merciful God send you to hell just because you aren’t part of the world mission society.

Felicia1122
    Participant

The fact they have “Society” in the name for the church gives me pause. But message Brian, he will talk to you and help you out. God got you. We’re here to help. Push through.

Smurf
    Participant

debbiedowner wrote:

Jesus freed me from the Law of Moses, but he instilled his own law, which is the Law of Christ, right? Doesn't that include keeping the Sabbath on the seventh day?

Again, Paul is clear in Gal 4:10

You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! <sup class=”versenum”>11 

I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

Do read also Col. 2 and Hebrews 4

The Sabbath now is entering eternal rest ๐Ÿ™‚

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

Hi , Debbie i too was a member i know how you feel.There is a good side of this cult which has brain washed us with their selected bible verses to feel that they are right and all the others are wrong.But please make a research other then keeping the commands of god do they live as good human beings on this earth as gods people they are filled with cunning motives,lies.ready to spread false rumors if you leave,adultrey which is allowed by them but not allowed in the bible as per the teachings of christ (Divoce etc) being there for many years i have never seen them suffer like the disciples of christ as per the bible but are ready to lie the movement they fall in to trouble looks like they dont want to go through any perceution on this earth,and i dont know if you have seen how secretly the elders,leaders opperate when they want some thing to be done in zion.According to me by only keeping the sabbath and breaking the other command like adultery,muder(abortions) which i myself have wittnessed and not caring for a dying member in hospital who does not pay tithes cannot take me to the kingdom of heaven.

debbiedowner
    Participant

Thank you for the support. I am feeling better.

genny
    Participant

Hi all.  It's been a while since I've written.  Difficult times at my house for many months, but thankful that God has brought us through and things are looking up now.  Hope you all are well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Debbie, you've gotten some good advice here.

If you've been going back to read older threads, yes you will see Simon arguing for the wmscog, but he discovered some of their mistakes (Biblical mistakes even) while here on the forum and left the wmscog.  So keep reading and you'll see the change in his posts.

Azula
    Participant

Hi Debbie

I also have to admit that immediately after leaving the thought of going back crossed my mind many-a-time. But I never did thanks to the support of this forum amongst many other things and I have never been happier.

It's like Abigail said the emotional and psychological abuse that these people pile on you is truly sickening. These people are not of God because they make you believe (after the love bombing phase) that you have little inherent worth and should do whatever it takes earn the love of God which is something that no one can do. And in this case God becomes general pastor.

No parent has the right to make their child feel mountains guilt for being responsible a parent. As the saying goes "With great power comes great responsibility." And I would like to believe that God is Almighty, which means he's incredibly responsible.

These folks are thieves who are out to destroy your life.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please help me understand this………Somewhere above, I think it was DD that said "You have to jump around the bible to understand the prophecies."  When I was taught my bible, I was taught you read it from front to back just like any other book.  Does anyone know the correct way?  I'm thinking if you have to jump around to make things come together, It wouldn't make sense when you are done reading it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

If you want to go back then go back. It’s a free world. I don’t believe in forcing people to do otherwise. We have told you it isn’t of christ, but if you still want to follow in their steps then by all means do so.

Smurf
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

If you want to go back then go back. It's a free world. I don't believe in forcing people to do otherwise. We have told you it isn't of christ, but if you still want to follow in their steps then by all means do so.

Sarah's got it right. The people who love you will let you make your own choices! And regardless of what you choose, they won't think of you with contempt or disregard. I think you've already learned that the love of the WMSCOG is conditional.

Doesn't seem like they're from God, does it? What good does keeping all commandments do, if you're not keeping the most important one?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Thanks Smurf…. It’s really just that simple.

David
    Participant

@Smurf
    and Sarah2013, ok i certainly get your point, it's well taken and most people on this forum will get it too.

Just take into consideration that DD has only recently come out of this group and is probably still suffering from the PTSD that usually follows a person out of the whole "mind control" "phobia ridden" experience.

Telling her to go back if she likes, to subliminally prove that she's now free to do as she pleases may not be the best advice.

I would suggest that she first get some profesional help to better understand the controlling, destructive acts that were perpetuated against her. After she is truely "clear" then you can point out that she is finally physically and mentally free to do as she pleases. My guess is by that time she will already understand.

You guys are clear, you understand what happened to you and you have recovered, she has not…yet.

@DD, you have to heal and healing takes time. Find a profesional to help you understand what happened to you.

If you don't fully understand what happened to you and how it happened, it could happen again. That's why some people go from one cult to another or, and I hate to say it, back to the same cult.

Sarah2013
    Participant

David, respectully I understand your point, however, I don’t view it quite as a recovering process. The pain will always be there for me. In fact, the thought of Wmscog disgusts me to the very core. So I doubt that’s called recovering. At least not in my case. I don’t think of ever going back and NEVER will. At times, we just need to not look back…. For me looking back or feeling like I want to go back means I didn’t really understand why i left in the first place. We must know or understand why we made that decision to leave in the first place. One can’t quit an addiction if they don’t even understand the reason the addiction is bad for them. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone but that’s really how I feel about it.

MountainMom
    Participant

You and David both have good points, Sarah.  Healing always takes time, and this is not easily put behind you.  Sometimes I think that you don't ever get over it, you just get beyond it.  Kind of like the process of grieving.  Someone put it this way about grieving, and I think it applies to this situation too.  It's like being out on the ocean in a storm.  At first,there are waves that are so high you think you will drown, but as time goes on the waves are fewer and farther between, and aren't so high you can't endure them.  It doesn't mean you wo't get hit by a wave once in a while even as time goes by if you happen to think about what you have lost, but it just gets better and you get beyond it and you know you are all right.

I know DD can get beyond this.  She just has to go through this tough time, and she will be OK.   

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.