HOW DO YOU DEFINE SUCCESS?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Every so often I come across an idea in a book or a sermon that just seems relevant. Over the years I have read over and over again how the WMSCOG defines success. You are onlt successful if you tithe, preach, bring in fruit (more tithing members), and spend a great deal of time in their buildings learning different studies and practicing preaching. If you do what you're told then they see you as successful. Sounds like slavery to me! The Lord defines success in terms of our character rather than by what we do.  Another thing that seems way off at the WMSCOG is how they view employment by their members. The WMS wants tithes and offering a lot as well as all of the time and effort they can get out of their members. This is stressed so much that often time members winde up losing their jobs because they are spending so much time at the WMS building. The members slowly retreat from work and increase their time doing WMS stuff. Their attitudes towards anything outside of the WMS sour making them resent the work they do and the employers that hire them.

What does Gods Word say about this? Colossians 3:23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

We are to work enthusiastically at whatever it is we do for a living. It is a testimony for all of those around us. It's our character that the Lord measures our success by not our career or works. Here's an interesting tid bit for you: Enthusiasum (two greek words form the root of this word) en = In and theos = God. We are to work with enthusiasum (In God) at whatever kind of job we do. Our job is a learning opportunity as well as a mission field for us. When we are enthusistic we are In God and when we are not then we are Not In God. The WMS teaches their members to Not Be In God! Once again I say it sucks to be them.

Exceed expectations at work. Colossians 3:22 Servants, do what you are told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Be your best Matthew 5:41 If anyone requires you to go one mile, go two miles with him. I'm inclined to add that you need to do it enthusiastically.

Final thought; I am convinced that life is 10% what happensto me and 90% how I react to it.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

<strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Tahoma, Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.3999996185303px; background-color: rgb(210, 239, 237);">The Lord defines success in terms of our character rather than by what we do.  I totaly agree with you Joshuas you have said about your veiw of success,but for these hypocritse this is a worldly veiw of success because their main goal of filling their pockets is not fullfiled.This way sounds very nice and they can make a lot of money You are onlt successful if you tithe, preach, bring in fruit (more tithing members), and spend a great deal of time in their buildings learning different studies and practicing preaching. If you do what you're told then they see you as successful. Sounds like slavery to me.Very true this is slavery because if you dont do these things you are filled with guilt and fear as if some thing bad is going to happen and not only all this you must practise the teaching of mother which is the bible today.I remember them say that mothers teaching sums the whole  bible there is no need to read it ,but only to get our lost brothers and sisters we need to use it how can they belive what we say is true.Another important point of success is always praise and  thank  Father and Mother at all times before and after you do something you will be successful in what you do.I must say it really sucks to be them and happy to be out of that place.

I agree with Joshua.. before my love one joined the Wmscog, she had many aspirations and things she wanted to accomplish… like buying a house, establishing a new business, she even used to tell me, "I feel i'm a goal oriented person" , "I love looking forward new opportunities in life", she had the mind of an entrepeneur. But after she got trapped there is like everything went south.. She wasn't interested in anything anymore except her church and as she would tell me sometimes, being more holy for father and mother.

I feel that somehow this place takes peoples souls away… they become a totally different person, not just with their families, but with peoples hopes and dreams… they say that when they concentrate their minds in other anything than father and mother, it's like they are thinking about earthly things and we should just think about the heavenly things…

I do agree God should be first thing in our lives, but I also believe that God gave us our lives for a reason, He send his son Jesus so we can be forgiven for all our sins and from us to have to live our lives the way WMSCOG want people to live their lives, they want to steal people of their hopes and dreams, they want to steal them from their families and from the only ones they truly receive unconditional love.

We are allowed to be succesful, to built wealth, to have hope and dreams, to grow families, to accomplish anything we want in life… and God is happy to see us do all of that only if we are thankful for every little thing, When God is inside you and you are greateful for every little thing you know he is working his grace in you to make you achieve anything you want…

The WMSCOG are like bandits that not only steal people's hopes of living their free lives, but they also steal their love from us… remember our debt with God was already paid with the blood of Christ Jesus to make us free from this kind of bondage or religious slavery, Why would the WMSCOG still keep deceiving people into believing that they are the way to be saved, when we already know that way was already given to us by the grace of Christ.

What is truth
    Participant

How do I define success? Well, success for me is the time at which my family is no longer in the wmscog. It is the time at which I no longer believe that I am going to eternal hell for leaving the wmscog. It is the time that I completely gave up religion, and spent a few years totally free, as a natural human in a sophisticated and diverse culture…. Now I can say that I and my family are free. And anyone who cannot understand my decision to reject religion did not spend 7 years in a cult, I can say with upmost confidence. Anyone who did go through such an experience would not dare blame me for that, as they most likely chose a similar path. Now, at least, life is good… very good… Thank your for posting the question, Joshua.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

What is truth – I understand. I’m glad you are free!

MountainMom
    Participant

@Jesus – will-set-u-free:  Well said.  Your description sums it up well.  People in the church have their goals in life taken from them and the church leaders' goals are then what they must strive for.  They take their lives away, basically, and their hopes and dreams for the future.  This is why so many of them lose their jobs.  How could a person stay motivated and goal oriented?  They just can't.  Not in that place.

@What is Truth:  So happy for you!  Go out and live your life as God intended you to.  I wish the best for you and your family!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.