Acts16:6-7 How did the WMSCOG miss this?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Acts 16:6-7 Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia. After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them.

You noticed that I bolded two parts of this. The WMSCOG teaches that Ahnsahnghong was the Holy Spirit in the flesh. It seems that their own man made god didn't want people like the Asians talked to. We are supposed to believe that a South Korean chick and a dead dude are the imbodyment of the Holy Spirit? The same Holy Spirit that forbid preaching the word in Asia? Does anyone else smell something foul?

Hey Joshua for some time i thought the same thing, but after some research the ASIA they were speaking about it's not what we know today as the continent of ASIA in fact what they refer as the province of Asia which what formed the region of Galatia… Today that area it's known as the country of Turkey which is southeastern Europe.. You can search on google for maps of the Roman empire territories.

“Asia” in the Book of Acts is modern day Turkey or Asia Minor. The cities of Phrygia, Galatia, Mysia, Bithynia and Troas are all in Asia Minor. In the beginning of Acts, chapter 16, Paul was already in “Asia” (Turkey) with the decree from Jerusalem. He had picked up Timothy in Lystra and continued in verse 4 to spread the news in southern Turkey. However, once Paul got to Phrygia (verse 6), the holy spirit kept him from preaching. So Paul and his companions moved on again and again until it was revealed to him in a vision in Troas that he was urgently needed in Macedonia (northern Greece). We believe that this was the main reason God forbade Paul from preaching in Asia Minor. It soon became clear to Paul and his companions that they would not have been where they needed to be had they lingered in Galatia any longer. Therefore, verse 6 is less about God forbidding Paul to preach in Asia and more about Paul’s trusting God’s divine timing.

Joshua
    Participant

Thank you for this. I have no problem seeing my error in this. In all of their bantering I do have to wonder why it is that the WMSCOG couldn't come up with this seeing how they supposedly "study" so much. Once again, thank you for the correction. WMSCOG I wouldn't suggest that you try and find hidden meaning in this!

Joshua
    Participant

Matthew 15:3-9 This is just one of the ways the WMSCOG massively fails! This group takes all that they can from their member including the members relationships with their parents. The Bible is VERY clear about how your parents are to be treated. The WMSCOG teaches things like, "Who is my Mother and who is my Brother? The ones doing the work of God is my Mother and my brother." From this one set of scripture they justify the complete dismissal of the physical family. Husbands leave wives, wives leave husbands, children leave behind and choose to ignore their parents and siblings. THIS IS DISGRACEFUL! Read your Bible! Don't you believe the Bible? I've been asked this directly by members and leaders of the WMSCOG. My answer is that I believe and follow Gods Word more closely that you choose to! I am NOT perfect folks but I do not willingly choose to manipulate and deceive people the way the WMSCOG chooses to. How do they constantly choose to ignore this? Why do the members not read and understand Gods Word? There are some things in the Bible that become better understood with maturity and most importantly Gods timing. Vs.9 I think really sums it up for the WMSCOG; And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Their doctrine has been made up by men and they claim to be worshipers of Jesus Christ. They act like they honor Him but their heart are far from Him.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.