Another End of the World Date

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

On the home page of this site a current member of the WMS is saying that Mother God told them at the General Assembly this year that September 23rd is the new end of the world date.  It is called the Day of Atonement, and according to this member, she told them that "Father" is going to come for them on this date.  She also is saying that a lot of people are selling their homes, cars, etc., to give more now because of this date.  It is described as a "great movement." 

I have read about cults and that they have to have a "sense of urgency" to motivate their members do whatever it is they want them to do.  Usually that is give more money, possessions, etc., and/or recruit more members to do the same (they call it "saving lives").    The constantly moving (and failing) end of the world predictions would certainly fit the description of a well known cult tactic.  I cannot verify that this is what is now being taught at the WMS, but current members certainly could.  The lady who made this statement says this is what members were told directly by Mother God.  Does anyone else have any information to back this up?   

There is a lot of speculation about this date on the internet, I've read in some places that an asteroid will hit earth others that according to the jewish calendar that's the date when the rapture will take place… there is a lot of videos in youtube… personally I haven't heard anything directly from my love one or the zion she goes to about mother proclaiming this date about the end date…. 

I hardly doubt that they received this message from mother, but if they did and nothing happens on that date, then it's another reason to prove them wrong. I all i know it's that they say the day is near, but i don't think they will expose themselves by putting up a date.

Smurf
    Participant

This was the initial date that I was told way back when.

And in case something major DOES happen does not mean it's a sign for AhnSangHong. Remember folks, even a broken clock is right twice a day!

On the plus side if they do get something right, they expose themselves as a doomsday groop. Which as I gather is illegal over there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If WMS follows the bible, then how can they say when the end of the world is?  According to Matthew 24:36-39 only Father knows…..hmmmmm….did he tell Mother too?  If so, why isn't it in the bible?

Matthew 24:36-39New King James Version (NKJV)

No One Knows the Day or Hour

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Azula
    Participant

Classical cult mentality. JCK is such a mastermind.

Another end of the world date? It sounds like a financial drive to me. Why should people SELL their homes or anything else for that matter if they're going to go to heaven in 3 months time?

This makes no sense!

Brian Taylor
    Participant

they will not come out right in saying that it will be the end. they will use ambiguous allegory or metaphor so that when it does not happen it becomes easy for them to backtrack and claim that anyone who calls them out on another failed prophecy are just “slanderers” Any one who has contact with a current member should try to get them say it outright and if you can record them doing so….awesome! “If there is anything I hate more then prophecy…..its self fulfilling prophecy” bill maher-religulous

setufree
    Participant

They claim the end is drawing near.

I was told by a long term member and another sister who is still studying that they were told in service that Mother says that Obama will be the last president and that the legalization of gay marriage fits the prophecy of the end of the world. They are awaiting the fall of Babylon now so that they can join the kingdom of heaven.

This info was told recently to all wmscog members throughout the USA.

setufree
    Participant

I'll have more updated info soon as I know of at least 3 sources who have recently been invited to join/study and have been collecting information solely by their own choice. They will be studying and attending/observing and keeping us updated about recent end times teachings. The end of the world theory has caused some concern among local people here and local churches and Pastors who are becoming more aware of this group.

That's the biggest problem with this group, they preach in the same area/places to be people who already know or have been told all about them.  They than have the nerve to get mad or paranoid about "spies" sent to "slander/persecute" them. 

My love one told me and i think I also read as well in some facebook page from WMSCOG, that when the earthquake happened recently in Nepal, none of the zions there were damage, while other buildings and churches were destroyed. My love one told me that this was a sort of a sign of what happened in Babylon and that the end is drawing near and their zions being untouch was proof that mother was protecting them from anything, of course she used that as a way to implore me to join and get baptized asap because I was my soul was endangered  of being saved and I needed mother's protection. Can anyone please corroborate this info???

Azula
    Participant

Jesus_will_set_u_free wrote:

… when the earthquake happened recently in Nepal, none of the zions there were damage[d], while other buildings and churches were destroyed. My love one told me that this was a sort of a sign of what happened in Babylon and that the end is drawing near and their zions being untouch was proof that mother was protecting them from anything,….

Sounds like a load of BOLLOCKS.

The cult will always take advantage of any and all disasters saying it's a sign of the times and there's always some "fragrance of zion" about some unknown brother or sister who escaped the disaster because they celebrated the passover or gave tithe. I remember when the tsunami hit Indonesia in 2004 a zion legend surfaced about some brother who had allegedly only celebrated throughout his life of faith and miraculously escaped by climbing some palm tree even though wave after wave came at him and the disaster passed over him.

Obviously I was gulible enough then and just believed it. Just like how I believed that a Korean concubine was god. And how ash was breaking stones for 37 years.

There have always been disasters/ political conflicts and socio-economic issues ever since mankind has been on earth. First it was the Great Depression, then the Cold War, the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, the Great Recession, the War in Iraq, it was the 2004 Tsunami, then it was the earthquake in Japan, the earthquake in Haiti, then North Korea sank a South Korean ship, then Israel attacked Gaza, then Boko Haram killed Christians in Nigeria…

There is always some political conflict and or disaster it does not in anyway whatsoever indicate the end.

MountainMom
    Participant

Just wanted to bump this up as a reminder, or get some updated comments if anyone has any further information.  I have read it more than once now that September 23rd, 2015 is their new end date.  Of course they will come up with a lame excuse again or deny they ever said it when it doesn't come true.  But it is definitely being said according to some current members and ex members.

Travis
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Just wanted to bump this up as a reminder, or get some updated comments if anyone has any further information.  I have read it more than once now that September 23rd, 2015 is their new end date.  Of course they will come up with a lame excuse again or deny they ever said it when it doesn't come true.  But it is definitely being said according to some current members and ex members.

Pathetic in my opinion, that any member still cant compare this date with the past, dooms, days and open their eyes but— hheeyy — let's wait and see.

MountainMom
    Participant

I agree Travis.  It is so sad.  Just about everything I told my son would happen going back six years has already happened.  And what they told him would happen has not happened.  Yet he believes the people who only want to exploit him.  (And by this I don't mean the majority of the members, who are just misled.  I mean the leaders and the people who get off on the control aspect there.)

Felicia1122
    Participant

My sister told my family that everyone will die when mother god passes away.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Felicia:  Did your sister have anything to say about this September?  Could you ask?  I think that the WMS is playing it's cards closer to the chest now that they have had so many failed predictions.  Sometimes they have secret meetings with members they think are hard core and tell them things they don't tell everyone. 

I have heard from others that their loved one says that Mother will not die.  What will they say when she does?

Felicia1122
    Participant

@mountainMom I have some serious work to do. I have a sister in North Hollywood and one here in Omaha, NE. The one here in Omaha is in it DEEP! My family and i are trying but im really trying. They do tell other members who are more into the church or have been more dedicated more things. I asked the one in North Hollywood, and she said she doesn’t believe that….but i asked her if she heard about when mother god dies, then the world would end. She said she did not hear about that. That’s how I know they are telling them different things at different churches. I will ask my sister here in Omaha about the Sept 23rd. date.

Felicia1122
    Participant

@mountainMom I asked my sister here in Omaha and she said, she never heard of that and no one knows when the last day of earth is. Pray im going in to see if i can get some reason with her.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Felicia:  How long have your sisters been in the wms?  Unfortunately, I can't offer much hope that reasoning with them will get them out.  By the time they are in "deep" they are beyond reason because they have been set up to resist it strenuously.  They are told that the devil will come in the form of their family to "steal their soul" by getting them to leave the church.  They are basically, from what I have heard, told that if they resist anyone trying to get them out of the church, it is a victory against the devil. 

This group, according to former members, was adamant that the world would end in 2012.  They preached that extensively to members before 2012.  At the same time they were telling members in Chicago that it would be 2012, they were telling younger recruits in Seattle that the world would end in 2018.  Same year, same church, two different end of the world dates. 

It is really an awful thing, but your sisters will be told to limit time with non-members such as yourself.  They will be kept busy there to the point that they won't have time for you anyway.  It doesn't mean they don't love you or the rest of your family, they just don't have time to think about you because they are told they have a mission to "save lives," and they believe it.  They feel that nothing is as important as preaching and tithing, and this is reinforced daily by the only people they are around, the wms leaders and members. 

My advice is to just keep contact with your sisters, let them know you love them,  and read this site thoroughly for ideas.  I am thinking you are new here, so read everything here, especially the testimony of former members.  Good luck, and I do pray for you, and all people who are adversely affected by this cult. 

MountainMom
    Participant

@Felicia:  Also, be careful how much information you give about yourself on this site because the cult will try to identify you as they monitor this site closely.  Then they take what you say and show it to your loved one as a way to anger them and further separate you from them.

Felicia1122
    Participant

@mountainMom my sister been in the church 1 1/2 year and the other 10 months. I am not new to the site, but posting in the forum i am. I will watch what i state cause that could be very true. I actually been doing my own research for 1 1/2. I’ve been on this websites and many more over the course of this time. I only started posting things because things are really deep and i have more free time to do so. I have some great information, but i see how this plays out. I have faith.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Felicia:  Please post the great information you are speaking of.  The sooner the better for most of us.  I can already tell you how this is all going to play out for your sisters.  And I am willing to act as a sounding board for your thoughts and ideas.  Good luck.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.