NOTICE TO FORUM

• Creator
    Topic
    Plaintiffs Counsel
    Participant

To: Harry Doe, Carlos Doe, SRE Doe, Jesus of Nazareth and all other persons and/or entities who have posted, edited and/or otherwise made the statements that are located at: https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/forum/topic.php?id=4659&page=4#post-35029

You are hereby notified that a lawsuit has been filed that, among other items, seeks a court order to compel the disclosure of your identities. If you are one of the posters of the statements to which the above-link applies, and you do not want your identity disclosed, you should so notify the following parties and the Court. This will entitle you to appear in the matter (presumably through counsel who will not disclose your identity; but you may certainly appear pro se if that is your wish) so that  you or your counsel can oppose this relief.

In any event, you have until May 7, 2015 to file and serve opposition to the currently pending application. Any such opposition must be served simultaneously upon both Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc. through its attorney Paul S. Grosswald, Esq. at [email protected] and to the plaintiffs through their attorneys Nissenbaum Law Group, LLC at [email protected] and also filed with the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County, Attn: Honorable John Langan, J.S.C., 10 Main Street, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601.

To identify the pending motion, please refer in your opposition to Mauro et als. v. Intellectual Freedom Foundation, Inc, Docket No. BER-L-9736-13.

Smurf
    Participant

Hehehe, thanks for the laugh, mate. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Look who's persecuting "Jesus of Nazareth" now. 😛

MountainMom
    Participant

Am I to understand that in this post by Plaintiffs Counsel it has been stated that any and everyone who posted on this thread is going to be sued?  That is how it reads to me.  If that is not the way it is to be read, then I suggest the Plaintiffs Counsel be more specific or I (and others) may see this as some kind of intimidation tactic to keep others from posting on this site altogether.  Is that the intent? I don't believe this was the intention, but I think the Plaintiffs Counsel should make that more clear.  Not fair to leave it as written.

It is my opinion that this site must be very very very effective if the wms wants it down so badly, and they do.  To tell you the truth, it has already done so many people so much good that even if it were to go down now, it has already been a Godsend for all of us.  Thank you to the administrators of this site and the people on it.  You have really saved me when I was so distraught about my loved one's involvement in this group and the damage done to our family.  I don't know what I would have done without this site and the people on it. 

Participant

So God is now going to sue people? This just keeps getting better lol.

MountainMom
    Participant

My question is why would lawyers post on here instead of serving papers individually to preserve people's right to privacy?  I can't help but have the opinion that this is flagrant intimidation of all posters on this site.  Their lawyers are NOT suing everyone on this site, or even all the posters on this thread.  It is not practical and the vast majority have done nothing actionable. Do not be intimidated for the non-crime of exerting your right to free speech.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

If the World Mission Society doesn't want people to believe they are a cult, then they need to stop acting like one. Filing lawsuits to intiminate people to stop talking will not work. Check with the Scientology folks. The larger your organization gets, the harder you try to hang on and control your members. But the thing you are not understanding is that the larger you get, the more ex-members you create and those ex-members begin to speak out. Again – check with the Scientology folks. They have filed more lawsuits against former members than any other cult and it has come back to bite them. The recent book of Going Clear and the documentary that followed exposed the inner workings of Scientology that includes manipulation, control, abuse and constant lies. WMS is on a much smaller scale but the same characteristics. 

In a Christian church, people are not asked to sign non-disclosure agreements. They are allowed to come and go as they please. If they take to the internet to write a negative review, they are not sued by the church. And guess what – it all goes away. By playing these games of hiring attorneys, filing lawsuits and trying to protect your name, you do nothing but bring more negative publicity to your group. 

Like the Scientologist who defend L. Ron Hubbard, WMS defends the Korean woman pretending to be god and the dead Ahn Sahng-Hong. Scientology loses lawsuits just like WMS does. L Ron Hubbard does not send any magical powers from the grave to help his followers win lawsuits and neither does the dead Ahn Sahng-Hong or the living mother. They are human and that is why you and they have to rely on attorneys and the court system. On your attempt to bring down this website the first time, the attorney hired by WMS died of a heart attack. Why would god hire an attorney that she/he knew was going to die? They get new counsel and tie up ex-members in court for 2 years and that lawsuit get dismissed. Why would god hire a new team of attorneys if she knew they were going to lose. WMS is a sore loser and now they are spending more money to try to intimidate people from speaking out… AGAIN! It didn't work before and it won't work now. This is a destructive group and the truth that you are so desperately trying to hide will not be hidden! WE WILL FIGHT! 

MountainMom
    Participant

Ms.Freedom, you make perfect sense in everything you say.  Not one thing concerning these lawsuits the "church" files makes sense.

Time
    Participant

The people on this forum are so blinded by their hatred, and religious intolerance that they could care less to get the facts straight. When you read the initial post by the Plaintiffs Counsel, he explains that the case is against specific individuals, or anyone who posted under those pseudonyms. The thread the counsel posted shows how those individuals accused certain members of the WMS of commiting sexual improprieties. When looking up the case with the docket # provided; the case was filed by the individuals who are alleging they were defamed, not by the Church.

If someone is accused of sexual misconduct, and the accusations are not true, they have every right to bring a lawsuit against those who defamed them. However since the defamation was done under pseudonyms, the law allows these people to challenge the case so that they can remain anonymous, that’s all this is.

The individuals on this forum make me so upset, you are no different than the people who deny global warming, or that there is definetly racism in America. Your religious intolerance reaches the levels of absurd, that even if I ever thought about leaving the Church, every time I read this site it pushes me away from doing it. Seriously, if you didn’t do anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about just stop being so ridiculous.

Sally
    Participant

@ Time,… So Victor, based on your statement, it appears you have thought about leaving the church.

Perhaps you are really tired of being told how to live your life?

What to do and what to say? Don't get angry right now, just read and think for yourself.

Maybe your just sick and tired of being afraid all the time? I don't blame you.

Have you ever thought about what your life could have been? You are a smart guy, smarter than the WMS gives you credit for. I bet you could have done a lot with your life. A lot more than just doing the bidding of some paster who you know doesn't really care about the real Victor, the person inside of you, the person you wish you could show the world, the one that exists inside of you!

You are a special guy and you know it, deep down, you know it!

They wouldn't trust you with such an important job if they didn't know you could handle it.

I don't blame you for not trying, have you ever tried to step away from the church?

Not forever, just for a short period of time, maybe a month or 2?

Is that even possible?

Walk away for a short time, what the heck, a real church or religion would let you leave for awhile, wouldn't they?

No one would have to come looking for you, not if you want to just be alone for awhile, right?

I have a place at the beach, in another state, you could have it for as long as you like, no one would bother you there, I promise.

Just stand on the beach every day, come and go as you please whenever you want. won't cost you anything. 

Put your feet in the sand and breathe the fresh air from the ocean, all by yourself, when was the last time you felt that free?

No one would know where you were, just you. You would be completely free for as long as you like.

You can ignore this and stay where you are or you can PM me, all you have to do is say "Hi Sally" and I will give you my name and all my contact info. You will know exactly who I am. You might be surprised how honest I am with you. 

You can contact me or not contact me, it will be completely up to you. You will have all the power Victor. For the first time in a long time (I guess) you will have the power to change your life.

I'll be honest Victor, there's no time limit here, I will always be here for you, well as long as I can, you know. I will hang in there as long as I can……set yourself free Victor, you can do it. I PROMISE, FROM MY HEART, I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN!

Do you think someone could speak from their heart like this and not mean it?

I hope I hear from you, we might end up just having lunch and talking about the worlds problems or you will finally be free but at least we will have talked and maybe we will understand eachother better…..It's up to you Victor. Just don't ever doubt my sincerity.

I wish nothing but the best for you Victor.

Sally
    Participant

Time wrote:

"When looking up the case with the docket # provided; the case was filed by the individuals who are alleging they were defamed, not by the Church. "

Victor, do you really believe the individuals are behind that case and not the wms?

You can't fool me, your a smart guy, you know what's really going on there.

My heart breaks for you Victor, you are such a bright guy but you seem to be wasting your talents.

Just take a second and think of all the great things you could be doing with your life.

I have gone back and read your previous posts on this site.

Content aside, they were clearly written by someone who has the ability to communicate his message under pressure, in a way that makes people listen even if they initially stand firmly against your point of view.

Do you know who else has the abilities that you were either born with or developed on your own?

I'll tell you who, President's, CEO's and a bunch of highly successful people, that's who!

Were you paid or even thanked for your hard work?

Are you really happy, spending all that time, using your considerable talents and getting nothing in return? Not even a thank you?

You are a young guy and it's certainly not too late.

Just think about what your life would be like if you were working for yourself and being compensated for it.

Why do you think you have such a high level position over there?

The answer is, because you are a high level guy!

The sad thing is, they are getting you for free and they don't even appreciate you.

You are currently a high level executive in a multi million dollar corporation and you are getting paid nothing for your work.

You must know the money is pouring in, why aren't you being paid?

That in itself, should be enough to make you question what you are doing there.

I hope you don't wake up 10 or 15 years from now and say, oh man, I wasted my life.

My offer to help you, is still there.

I can point you in the right direction, introduce you to the right people and you will be on your way.

You have time but the clock is ticking and it does get harder when you get older.

You're confidentiality is guarenteed with me, let's talk.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Time
    :  The wording of the post by Plaintiffs Counsel was so vague that virtually everyone I talked to thought that the church was suing everyone who posted on that entire thread.  It was my opinion that that wasn't the case, although at first glance, it appears so. But I said that it should be made clear because it looked like intimidation of all posters.  And, really, that was how people took it.  It is interesting that you have such an interst in this though, if it is a personal and not a church matter.   Why would a high ranking person in the church even bother to comment on litigation involving a personal matter if the church does not have a hand in it?  Why not stay on the sidelines and just watch and see what happens?  Just wondering. These are questions in my own mind, and maybe others, too.  I think you should refer to Ms.Freedom's post about how this makes the church appear.  She gave good advice.

And, Time, I don't have blind hatred.  Have you ever read my posts?  (Rhetorical, I know you have)  I have said over and over that there are good people in the wms.  I know many. I know many former members too, and I liked all of them.   But I am not blind to the manipulations members are subject to.  I am an independent and critical thinker.  You are too, somewhere deep inside, I am sure.  Don't completely lose that God given privilege of freedom of thought.  God wants us to be free and think with the mind He gave us.  It always amazes me that men can so easily take away what God wanted us all to have. 

Joshua
    Participant

Well, if they are really excited to come after me personally I will be forcing the issue of total financial disclosure. Obviously they are spending tons of money that has been donated for legal fees and court cost. I want to know how much of the money that came out of my household has been wasted on intimidation tactics. They want to wake the sleeping giant? They need to prepare themselves for this. I have no doubt that they are going to lose again! Pathetic!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Time wrote:

… The thread the counsel posted shows how those individuals accused certain members of the WMS of commiting sexual improprieties. When looking up the case with the docket # provided; the case was filed by the individuals who are alleging they were defamed, not by the Church.

If someone is accused of sexual misconduct, and the accusations are not true, they have every right to bring a lawsuit against those who defamed them. However since the defamation was done under pseudonyms, the law allows these people to challenge the case so that they can remain anonymous, that's all this is.

You miss the point of all this, Mr. Time Victor.  WMSCOG wants this site hurt and hurt bad so that it goes "off the air".  Mr. Time or Victor or whoever you are, you are but a small cog in the wheel of the fortunes sought by the leaders and "owners" of WMSCOG.  While you claim the legal complaint was by individuals, I can guarantee you, Mr. Time Victor, that the Koreans are behind this 100%.  They really don't care about the sexual reputation of one of their cult followers, they are after much bigger fish, Mr. Time Victor.  And that "fish" is the one that hurts them bad …. and you are posting on one of it's forums ….. Keep Up The Good Work, now don't forget to wake up for your 5AM duty to the divorced Korean woman, and also give a little extra in your tithing to help Dong Il Lee pay for his attorneys …

Sally
    Participant

Time wrote:          

"The people on this forum are so blinded by their hatred, and religious intolerance that they could care less to get the facts straight." 

Victor, thats not a nice thing to say and it's also completely false!

We have nothing but love in our hearts for almost all the members of the wms.

There is no denying that some people have written things here out of frustration but that frustration comes from their deep concern for a loved one. Not because they want to hurt someones feelings.

I have read hundreds of posts on this site that reflect love and concern for the members hopelessly trapped inside the wms.

Do you really think that all the people on this forum have mental issues or is it possible we are right about the wms?

You should really try to step away for awhile so you can find out for yourself.

I certainly don't hate you, why don't you contact me and find out?

GBU, Victor 

MountainMom
    Participant

@Time
    :  Sally is right.  Families are hurting very badly.  We are concerned for our loved ones in the wms.  When their lives are derailed our lives are derailed as well because we love them.  They don't exist in a vacuum, and you know that.  They have mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and extended family who love them.  For each member, you have exponential numbers of people who want them to do their research.  You say non-members aren't interested in the facts.  We are all VERY interested in the facts.  How do you find facts?  You research.  The very thing the leaders of the wms tell them NOT to do.  I have looked at both sides of this, talked to non members and members, looked at wms sites and opinions and people opposed.  I know the facts.  I have even read sermons by Joo Cheoul Kim.  Doing all this on my own, not influenced by anyone telling me what to think, I have come to my own conclusion.  Honestly, if 20 cult experts told me that the WMS was not a cult, I would be no less concerned about my loved one's involvement in the wms than I am now.  It is about the damage, the manipulation, and the mind control.  It is not about the label. 

You don't know the people on this forum.  To make a blanket statement about them is blatantly unfair and false.  I notice when members (that are, in my opinion, assigned to monitoring this forum) speak here, they almost always start their reply to posters with an insult.  And it is a blind hateful insult, too, really, because they don't know the person who made the post.  It only makes the person who is doing the insulting look very hateful.  That can't be the intent.  So why do that?   

Time, you owe it to yourself to think outside the box, and the WMS IS THE BOX.

KC
    Participant

“The people on this forum are so blinded by their hatred, and religious intolerance that they could care less to get the facts straight”

Blinded by hatred and religious intolerence, does that also imply to the usual “any other believes besides godmother is satan spawns and any other people not in wms is satan pawns” standard wms mindset? Dont deny it… Been there.

KC
    Participant

want the straight facts? didnt wms people used to excommunicate and alienate people that dont tithe? In sense of regarding them as people who refused to give a god back what is hers?

I think that simple clue is quite blatantly enough to explain what it is all about…. If you are willing to accept the truth, that is… Which actually shown quite vulgary from time to time.

KC
    Participant

Straight facts or truths is not the problem nor it is that elusive…. The problem is the capability of people to admit that they have been conned or a conman themselves.

Yes, even some ex members still have a hard time admitting that…

setufree
    Participant

If this is the person or persons I am thinking this may be.. I hope you read this, there's no anger/hatred here, in fact I sympathize for the members who are still there, especially the title holders.  The brief times I did encounter you, you seemed like an intelligent, sharp man who clearly has a hard job.  You are a leader and not only have an entire church depending on you, but you have to answer to overseas members who have chosen you to play the bad guy for them.  From the time spent there, I observed what in my opinion was a lot of Mother's overseas members imposing a set of rules that they mandate.  Act like a Korean, speak like a Korean, eat like a Korean, and mimic a Korean way of life.  I would watch these members speak to the American leaders in a way that was truly insulting and downright degrading.

Time, I genuinely had respect for you and most of the American leaders there (ones who were not on a narcissistic power trip).  I can't even imagine how hard it must be to take commands from overseas leaders who could care less about the time and energy that it takes to oversee an entire community.

To all the leaders out there, somewhere deep in your hearts, I know you see that in reality this may all be about a family getting rich off the American dollar.  Many of you are educated, ambitious, articulate, and have a vast array of leadership talents that you are blessed with. Think about the last time any overseas leader or Pastor ever asked you how you were or how your week was and really meant it. 

The overseas members "sent directly from Mother" seemed to be less vigorous than the American leaders. I had yet to see any of them "grab a blessing", put in as many preaching hours, or be as constructive to the activities as any of you were. They would just simply show up and be Mother's authoritative representatives.

Although some of us on here can post negative comments at times, you have to understand we are hurt. We lost loved ones, family members, friends, spouses, children, and ourselves in this group.  Take a look at this post TIME, we do care, unlike the heavenly family from Korea, we are here for you, even when you threaten to sue us, call us Satan/slanderers/Judas, we are still here.

As Sally said, take some time off for yourself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MountainMom wrote: … Time, you owe it to yourself to think outside the box, and the WMS IS THE BOX.

Thought control cults depend on "the box" to keep their members in line.  Sounds like this Time Victor guy is a deacon.  What's the highest level a non-Korean can get to in this group.  Deacon?  Do you have to marry a Korean to get higher? 

MountainMom
    Participant

HH:  I think Missionary might be the highest level a person can get if he/she is not Korean.  I don't believe there are any non-Korean Pastors though.  Someone would have to fill me in on this.  I think some members get appointed to deacon if they give enough money and seem hard core.  I know it can't be based all on recruiting because I know a person who was not a good recruiter at all but got "awarded" the posiition of deacon.  From all accounts he was surprised that they made him deacon becuse he hadn't really done anything great except give lots of money which, I guess, amounts to all kinds of blessings.  Lol!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.