Members left for Korea yesterday

• Creator
    Topic
    setufree
    Participant

Just keeping others informed in case they have loved ones or family members who may not have told them. In fact there’s going to be another trip there coming up again in a few months. Still not sure why the urgency all of a sudden to start overseas again but I’ll look into it.

sre
    Participant

Can anyone confirm that Denver people left? And does anyone know the Denver address?

MountainMom
    Participant

All I know is that people from Zions all over the US left on Sunday.  I am pretty sure Denver would send a delegation if the other large churches sent people. 

setufree
    Participant

@sre
      I don't know if we can put addresses on here, but if you google wmscog denver , the address pops right up on the right hand side where google maps is.

Also I'm almost positive anyone and everyone who was "chosen" for this overseas trip has left on sunday.

There is another trip in the works as well for the early summer.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I heard from former members that this is when they give the young American males a Korean wife. This is a copycat of the Moonies and their arranged marriages. This will not be good for many of the young men. Sad that they have such control over their lives that they don't get to fall in love and get married like un-cult people.

Smurf
    Participant

Ms Freedom wrote:

I heard from former members that this is when they give the young American males a Korean wife. This is a copycat of the Moonies and their arranged marriages. This will not be good for many of the young men. Sad that they have such control over their lives that they don't get to fall in love and get married like un-cult people.

Actually arranged marriages are not that uncommon in korean culture. Many normal people don't get to fall in love an marry just because their parents want them to and being married without being in love is considered normal in korea.

Also, the married members in the WMS insist they are very much in love and look happy. Who are you to say they are not?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well… "Arranged marriages" the way the WMS does them are pretty uncommon in Korean culture. The type of arranged marriage that still exists is what is known as "seon" where the parents arrange a meeting but the couple is the one who decides at the end. In some families, before the wedding, the couple needs consent from the whole family, but that's not used as much anymore.

Now, how do arranged marriages in the WMS work? At least in my experience, I've seen it in different ways:

The Pastor or Missionary talks with a member (man or woman) and mentions about the importance of marriage for the Gospel, gives the brother or sister an option of who to marry or sometimes gives multiple options.

If you go to Korea and "mother" is the one arranging, she will give the same speech (of course, with a translator since god doesn't speak English) and then introduce you to the "faithful Korean sister".

Who is to say they are not happy? Well… I know many couples who are not happy about their arranged marriage. They are always fighting and sometimes they can’t event fight because they don't speak the same language. Some arranged marriages end in divorce… yes, even in the WMS!

The difference between arranged marriages in Korea and India is that most times is done by the parents… people who care about them, who want the best. In the wms, who arranges marriages is a narcissistic leader who just wants to do it for a power trip, to get a Korean member a green card or so that you don't commit "sexual immorality". Or it's done in Korea by a delusional old lady who most likely has no idea about what’s going on.

MountainMom
    Participant

When a person from an arranged marriage to a Korean woman who didn't speak English was asked if he was happy his reply was "The Mother will bless us."  The questioner took that as a NO.

The members have to ask if they can court another member in their church and are often pointed to someone other than who they wanted to get to know.  Where is the free will in all this?

Smurf
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

When a person from an arranged marriage to a Korean woman who didn't speak English was asked if he was happy his reply was "The Mother will bless us."  The questioner took that as a NO.

The members have to ask if they can court another member in their church and are often pointed to someone other than who they wanted to get to know.  Where is the free will in all this?

Mother knows best, I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

She sees into the future and is able to estimate which couples are fit for marriage. Well, some of them end up in divorce, sure, but mother can't always be right. She's allowed to make mistakes. After all, she's only human.

It's always about mother, isn't it? In the WMS the father doesn't get half the attention she does.

On a more unrelated note – has anyone here ever tried her kimchi? I'm curious. Maybe they should make it into brand and capitalize on it:

"Momma's Kimchi" – So hot you can almost taste hell! *wink wink

mmmmm make it extra hot for the general pastor  }: ]

He likes it spicy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

"her kimchi"! that's something funny actually! In the WMS they tell you that "mother" does everything… cooks for members, cleans their room, check their fridges… but as you talk more with Korean members they explain how they do it but it's "through mother"…. she doesn't do anything…

Smurf
    Participant

harold wrote:

"her kimchi"! that's something funny actually! In the WMS they tell you that "mother" does everything… cooks for members, cleans their room, check their fridges… but as you talk more with Korean members they explain how they do it but it's "through mother"…. she doesn't do anything…

Why do you have to ruin it for me ใ… ใ…  

Nevermind, I'm still going to pretend she does everything and if anyone asks I will just change the subject and try to suppress that feeling inside telling me I'm wrong. You know, with time you learn to ignore it completely.. that's when you become a perfect vessel for demo.. ugh, I mean mother. (*^.^*)

Elaine
    Participant

Well my brothers first marriage lasted for a year. He found fault with the wife and blamed everyone around. Kim lands into this country and my brother gets trapped while hhis annulment procedure was going on.

When chosen as a deacon he told us that he would be getting married and gave all details of the girl but decided not to invite any of his family members for the marriage though he could. He did get marriage as told by the ex-members who witnessed it.

Which also means that he has undergone vasectomy. When asked if he got married and he denied it all saying "It never happened". By the way his second marriage ended up in 6 months time.

My Bro is good at lying and by he not informing us initially about getting married was a trump card. Now will he blame MJ for this broken marriage or it is fine with this God as her past is the same divorce and break homes.

Elaine
    Participant

"In the WMS they tell you that "mother" does everything… cooks for members, cleans their room, check their fridges"

Seriously Harold so much suffering for the poor women. She could just look up toward heaven bless the vessels, room and fridge and give thanks. So she would not have to go too often to do these things "If she is GOD"  

Seriously  

Curious1
    Participant

I wonder what happened to the lady who was protesting because her son commited suicede, now there overseas members. Did she had to leave?

MountainMom
    Participant

When members marry Korea women/men, is it standard procedure to lie to their families about it?  It appears to be so.  And also standard to not invite family members to this affair which would seem to be a pretty important family gathering in most cases.  Who directs the member to lie to their family members about their marriage, since this seems to be so standard?  Do the deacons direct the member to lie, handed down from the higher stationed leaders?  Are they the enforcers, so to speak?  (Just a question, I dont really know.  There seems to be a pattern, though)  And I have the opinion that no members do anything without instruction on how it should be done there.  If they make it up in their own minds then why is it handled in such a standard way all over the U.S.? 

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

When i was there i have seen leaders,decons telling members their marriage is only for gospel work to glorify father and mother and to take care of churches where ever they are sent it is not for any phycial relation but i guess it is not true.I remember a elderly sister who went on a short term mission told me that she seen a decon who was to marry a korean going to her in the middle of the night this happened in Kalyan zion now it does not exist it is closed down the decon was from goa India.So baciscaly they are the makers and brakers of rules .Like another decon from mumbai was seen on the building terrace of zion busy with his activites by a watchman who told members what he seen at 9 pm in the night,and he is the same decon telling youth brothers it is adultery to look at youth sisters or even think mad about them we should only focus on preaching.Another missionary from calcutta use to trouble his korean wife so much that she reported it to the assembly.The marriages which take place here are done quietlyeven the members in zion dont come to know only close friends from zion are invited with decon,deconess and family members if they are in zion.The cooking is done by the members in zion only the weddind cake is ordered from out.The ceromany is done by a korean in korean culture.So i also guess this is why the members dont call their family members because everything is so boring no dancing singing joking etc, even if you do so you have the spies watch over you.So bacicaly the main idea is gospel work but in it there are many hidden misteries which you need to watch and see.Like i asked a missionary who married a korean why his marrage broke he told me his wife was evil, but before he could marry her he was blowing his trumpet it is mothers wish for me to marry this lady she has chosen her for me then, what happened ?. Did mother not know this was to happen and both were divoces before the second marriage.

Elaine
    Participant

Photography for such weddings too is not allowed except by the pastor.

Every possible precaution is taken so no evidence is left. Hence it was very easy for my bro to say that this marriage to the Korean girl did not take place and unfortunately the ex- member who bought the cake for his marriage is also now considered a Satan and whatever he tells me or I hear from him is a lie. By the way also my bro then wanted my family to join the WMS and meet this very ex-member who could preach to us.

Now imagine we being taught this false doctrine by this ex-member who they consider Satan is forgotton so easily for all the time, years and money he spent on this preaching  and their dumb God does not even know them. All because this ex-member refrained from doing illegal job for them and they are all out to spoil his image just like Ron, Diane and others.

Is:49-16 See, I have carved you on the palm of my hand and I will never forget you.

The moment some truth you present to them they react with anger that he even said bring that person in front of me and I will slap him.

OMG this is my brother Deacon's statement who is now promoted to Missionary. But I guess that's how satan reacts when you present truth and facts in the name of God.

Wait a minute but they follow the "Teachings of Mother" … Probably this Satanic God forgot to include about anger.

Please do not misunderstand me for what and how I post my comment here but it is frustration and has become too difficult for our loved one to get out as he is very arrogant, stubborn an engineer who lost all his good years in life doing this BS. When he gets old and is of no use to them then we are still here to receive the prodigal son back. Till then all I can do is pray for him and all your loved ones who are tapped. God Bless

MountainMom
    Participant

@Elaine
    :  I understand your pain and frustration.  I have a loved one in the wms who has also wasted a lot of good years, and to whom a lot of damage has been done.  More than he understands at this time.  Just know you have a lot of support in your prayers from most of us on this site.  I for one, pray for all of you who are dealing with this situation with a loved one.  It is a difficult thing to go through, especially when most people don't know how it is for us.  I also pray that the victims of the wms (members) will have their eyes opened soon, and will be able to cope with what has happened to them as a result of their involvement with this destructive group.

Travis
    Participant

Is there any info on this trip to South Korea …??

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.