New Chuch building

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Main church seems to be moving. Or is COG growing so fast that they need two big buildings in Bundang outside Seoul? If I understand this article correct a new church building has been bought which can take 3700 people. See the second picture in the article.

http://m.incheonilbo.com/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=562265

Looks like business is booming!!

Simon
    Participant

its hard to be sure when they bought the new denver church they closed the other one but the new one was probably 400% of the size it needed to be when the branch churches visited from the other churches in cheyenne the springs oklahoma etc. so it could just be a visual move more than either of those too..

UntouchableJ
    Participant

We moved from our old Zion, to a zion that was double the size of our one. Two things struck me as a concern…First, we weren’t really growing. Like many Zions, we would baptize people all the time, but very few would stay long term. And members always fall away, keeping us at base level. 2nd, we always struggled to pay the bills of our old Zion, especially in the winter, and the oil bill. We borrowed money from our Sister Zion that was in a major City a state away. When we moved to our new, big Zion, the Overseer after a year, rebuked the church. He told us how our new Zion had a 7,000$ oil bill during the cold/winter months, and then scolded and rebuked us for not paying our own oil bill for a church we didnt need, nor ask for.

Now, if I bought a house I couldnt afford, let alone afford the bills for, my PHYSICAL mother wouldnt OK it, nor advise me to go forward. But why would “heavenly” mother? Our overseer was always preaching about sacrifice, and about having a personal “suffering and struggle”. It always seemed if you weren’t really struggling, you weren’t a true child of God.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.