Former Member Files Suit Against WMSCOG et al.

setufree
    Participant

If we all start to speak out or share our stories, maybe a class action or something similar, where it would involve witness testimonies.

I'll admit the thought of being sued and the headache it involves is frightening, but that's the fear that they want to instill on former members or current members who are trying to leave but already signed disclosure forms.

If a class action or something to that effect were to take place, I would highly consider joining in, as I had personally witnessed some unpleasant/questionable behavior there. As well as have had some discriminatory things spoken to me by members.

Emily
    Participant

I am not sure if a class action suit would be feasible.  Everyone's damages would be different.  The claims may also be different.  The WMSCOG entity/location being sued may be different.  I think that the best way to make a difference in this situation is to speak out and tell your story. 

You may also consider fighting the non-disclosure that you signed.  The agreement that you signed may not even be enforceable.  Just because a company, or in this case a church, throws together a contract that is written to benefit them, doesn't mean that it was done correctly.  Best to consult an attorney.

MountainMom
    Participant

I would bet that the non-disclosure is not worth the paper it was printed on because it was signed under duress.  That is my guess. 

And I do agree that the more who tell their story, the better, because exposure of their practices is what they fear most.  And by "they" I allege that the leaders fear this.  The members are actually victims for the most part, who still probably don't even know they are in a cult.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

It is very true the members are victims for the most part. In andheri zion in mumbai (India) the members complain about the injustice done in the church by leaders but when they complain to the pastor he passed on the message to the treasurer of ELOHIM BIBLE GROUP that members are supposed to follow their leaders what they say they will take them to heaven.When members heard this they were upset so much that they have written a letter to heavenly mother thinking that she will solve the problem for them.They are really doing well with the increase of members about 3000 members from 2 zion that is andheri and borivli celebrated the passover in a shoping mall in Kandivli.The problem here is they have non disclosure forms here signed by members but they are all printed in korean language and they dont even tell you whats written and you have to sign being brain washed,you cant even ask for a recipt of the tites or offering you make because if they do so they will be taxed and as you all know they are illegaly registered in mumbai.I was told by a deconess that the leadersare doing all their best to show their power and the great work they are doing there.

Travis
    Participant

Here are my feelings, thoughts and opinions

It saddens and irritates me to see that WMSCOG still winning cases against us. They are still manipulating our loved ones, and our family members who still believe in this damn place. 

I see many individuals in and out of this forum, fighting this fight alone when instead we should all unite and fight together.

We must remember that WMSCOG is legally better protected than we are, including current members. An X member alone will not hit them where it hurts them.

We must be loud and massive and we must not continue to fear this people. It is exactly fear that made us vulnerable to them in the first.

Fear is the greatest factor here, because it is their best weapon against us.

I’m sure that if Heavenly Mother is truly God the Mother, and has the power of God and see us claiming proof in masses, she will answer us, even if she later unleashes her wrath against us for disobedience. Otherwise she will go silenced eventually losing her credibility and all powers. But at least, we will surely know it was all true and we all can take our punishment in conformity.

I have voiced my opinion vastly in this forum. I have made a choice of producing a documentary about this situation and have approached many of you on this matter. 

Whoever has seen the Scientology documentary “Going Clear” is a witness of the effect that it causes these cults to hit their public image by bringing our personal stories to light.

Remember that our stories are ours alone and no one can sue us for telling it the way it happened, in the way we lived it and suffered it.

There are too many smart people in this forum. I’m sure that if we decide to unite our knowledge and tell our stories, we will accomplish what we have longed for.

WMSCOG continues to gain ground and members all across the US, and therefore, it continues to grow bigger and stronger.

Sally
    Participant

Travis wrote:

Here are my feelings, thoughts and opinions

It saddens and irritates me to see that WMSCOG still winning cases against us. They are still manipulating our loved ones, and our family members who still believe in this damn place. 

I see many individuals in and out of this forum, fighting this fight alone when instead we should all unite and fight together.

We must remember that WMSCOG is legally better protected than we are, including current members. An X member alone will not hit them where it hurts them.

We must be loud and massive and we must not continue to fear this people. It is exactly fear that made us vulnerable to them in the first.

Fear is the greatest factor here, because it is their best weapon against us.

I’m sure that if Heavenly Mother is truly God the Mother, and has the power of God and see us claiming proof in masses, she will answer us, even if she later unleashes her wrath against us for disobedience. Otherwise she will go silenced eventually losing her credibility and all powers. But at least, we will surely know it was all true and we all can take our punishment in conformity.

I have voiced my opinion vastly in this forum. I have made a choice of producing a documentary about this situation and have approached many of you on this matter. 

Whoever has seen the Scientology documentary “Going Clear” is a witness of the effect that it causes these cults to hit their public image by bringing our personal stories to light.

Remember that our stories are ours alone and no one can sue us for telling it the way it happened, in the way we lived it and suffered it.

There are too many smart people in this forum. I’m sure that if we decide to unite our knowledge and tell our stories, we will accomplish what we have longed for.

WMSCOG continues to gain ground and members all across the US, and therefore, it continues to grow bigger and stronger.

Well said Travis, count me in!!!

MountainMom
    Participant

Agreed Travis.  The only reason the world knows about Scientology is because brave people told the truth so that they could help other brave people make the right choices. What those people did was heroic, in my opinion. The people who speak out about the wms are also heroic and are doing so to help others avoid the heartache that the wms brings to families. 

We have to speak, and it has to come from more than just a few.  The members could deny one or two stories, but not when every one is so similar in destruction of families, relationships, careers, etc.  Martin Luther King had a quote that said something to the effect that "When we stop talking about the things that matter, we begin to die."  He was not talking about actual death, but the deaths of our spirits.   Good men and women have to speak out, have to tell the truth about this.  United, we can make a difference.  We can't keep letting things happen and then "put out spot fires" so to speak.  We have to join our voices.  What they fear the most is the truth, but I don't think they can stop something so strong and right as the real truth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are several strong anti cult groups that you can participate in.  WMSCOG hurts many of us who are on this particular forum, but the problem of religious cults is an international one and affects millions.  WMSCOG is a tip of an iceberg to tell the truth.  I know it doesn't help lessen the pain of the loss of a loved one to realize it.

There are lots of groups you can join to help fight these kinds of cults.  It's gonna be a long, hard, slog …….  they grow like malignant cancers …

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.