Scientology Movie at the Sundance Film Festival causing a stir!

Travis
    Participant

I read about it today — can wait to see it

Joshua
    Participant

This sure does spit in the eye of Scientology. I would very much like to see this movie for myself. I'll bet that for those people who are in or have been in a controlling group there will be many similarities. Unfortunate but true.

Travis
    Participant

They had an ad at last night's Super Bowl. it was about 10 seconds long so I guess theier budget was not that big ..lol

Joshua
    Participant

This is not the first time they've posted an ad during the Superbowl. Unfortunatly this Superbowl was the most watched in history so their ad was seen by a lot of people that would normally not know anything about this group.

Simon
    Participant

what?

genny
    Participant

Scientology had an in the Super Bowl, or the wmscog?  Is it online?

Sally
    Participant

genny wrote:

Scientology had an in the Super Bowl, or the wmscog?  Is it online?

Scientology had the ad, it's not their first, it was short though, they have longer ones. 

It featured a cross and then their name. It won't be rated as a top super bowl ad of all time.

Personally, I question if drawing more attention to themselves just prior to the HBO documentary is a good marketing idea.

I wonder what affect all this public advertising by these groups will have? 

setufree
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ylsmarMnE

Here's a trailer coming out for an upcoming new movie about cults and deprogramming.

There's actually quite a few new movies/shows coming out in the future about religious cults.  I think the more movies come out about how powerful mind control can be in these types of organizations, the more people will wake up and realize that these types of groups (that you see in the movies) really still do exist.

Recently I've been speaking more to people about my ongoing experience with WMS.  I would say without exaggeration 85 percent of people cannot believe a group like this exists, and thought cults died out in the 80s.  They usually think my story is so outlandish that they want proof a group like this exists, it's amusing and sad at the same time.

Some people need to watch movies that Hollywood puts out in order for them to pay attention or to give a story about a cult the time of day. I will definitley be seeing Going clear once it reaches a theatre here, and I hope some doubting members see it also.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.