Celebrate with me!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

After much prayer and contemplation I decided to become ordained. On Novemer 1st I received my certification as an ordained minister. My main focus is here with you guys and especially helping effected family members. With Gods help I have been able to reach out to many of you and because of this ministry as well as my other outreaches into my community I felt that taking the next step was where God was leading me. I'm nervous and excited to see what God chooses to do next. ( In truth I'm scared and excited! Have you ever been scared in a good way?)

Sally
    Participant

Wow, Joshua, an ordained minister! Congratulations!

What does one have to do to become ordained?

How long does it take?……don't say a lifetime, you know what I mean. LOL

Will you have a congregation or be responsible for a particular group? I don't know how that works

Good luck

Joshua
    Participant

Ordination is not a long drawn out process. There's no degree needed in order to become ordained. Many places choose to have a process for a person to go through to see if this is something that the person really wants to do. This process is what kept me from becoming ordained earlier. We are our own worse critic right? Other people see me as being the person that I am easier than I see it myself. I tend to see how many ways that I don't think that I stack up. Am I ready, willing, and able to be ordained? Yes, I would not have done this if I culdn't answer those questions with a Yes. Do I think I'm the best person for the job? No. Perhaps this is why I should be the one to do this. I am always trying to do better because I think that I'm just not quite there yet.

You wanted to know how long it takes; Someone could decide that they're ready in a day but for me it has taken many years. You could go online and be certified in a very short amount of time. I don't like the idea of that but it's possible.

What I had to do to be ordained was 1) Believe that Jesus is the son of God. 2) Understand that I am a sinner in need of a saviour. 3) Believe that Jesus came down to Earth and became that saviour. 4) Accept Jesus as my saviour and recieve the free gift of salvation. These are the exact same steps you need to take in order to become a Christian. Any believer can become ordained. Where I see the difference is that I feel the responsibility of the fact that becoming ordained means that I can have a congregation, start a church, collect tithes and offerings, and even marry couples. This I do not take lightly!

Right now I have no plans to open up a church or accept offerings of any kind. I've ran a Christian based charity for many years, the last few years I've had a sort of thrift shop type ministry, and you are well aware of my efforts to help free people and families from cults. I've been doing good work but until recently I never had the title of Minister or Pastor. It's going to take some getting used to.

fedupmom
    Participant

Congratulations Joshua! Well deserved I’m sure.

Your efforts on this site and with this group are much appreciated.

I’ll look forward to future posts from “Minister” Joshua.

All the best to you!

MountainMom
    Participant

I have to post on this one!  Congratulations Joshua and I definitely will celebrate with you!  I know how spiritual you are and how dedicated you are to helping everyone.  Best wishes!

Elaine
    Participant

Hello Joshua Congrats!

"Expect great things for God, attempt great things for God" – William Carey.

Your Efforts here have been much appreciated. I pray you continue to labor for the Lord.

Thanks and God Bless

Joshua
    Participant

Thank you for the encouraging words everybody. Believe it or not I do need them. Most of the time I feel like Moses in Exodus 4:10-12. At these times I really have to lean on God because if I tried to do it on my own I would fail. Please look up this passage and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

genny
    Participant

Congratulations, Joshua.  I pray God gives you wisdom and guidance in this new arena.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.