The Heart!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

The WMSCOG constantly likes to remind their members and outsiders about how they have the love of mother. And when things are questioned about the WMSCOG then people are blamed of hurting mothers heart.

Here's one of the things the Bible teaches us about our heart. Jeremiah 17:9-10 The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.

Our heart can be very deceptive but the WMSCOG wants us to be mindful of the heart of mother.

I would rather default to truth! Jesus is truth! What does the Bible teach us about truth? John 8:32 When you know the truth, the truth will set you free. (Truth is the key to overcoming sin.) Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Truth is always timely; it applies yesterday, today, and in the future.) Proverbs 12:19 Truth stands the test of time; lies are soon exposed. (Truth is changeless.)

Here's some cold hard truth; We will lie to the ones we love because we feel like we have the most to lose with them. Often if our honesty means we might face rejection we will lie and decieve one another!

Sad but true! We want the truth but we don't always get it. Why do we do this to each other? We don't like rejection and or loss. Sometimes what we say causes heartache or hurt feeling thus creating a divide.

Let me give you a couple of examples of how not getting the truth could become very negative.

1) You go to have your car serviced. The service department complements you on how you keep your car maintained. Upon leaving you travel a few miles and go down a hill. You are barely able to stop your car at the bottom of the hill. After this you pull into a different service station where you are informed that you have almost no brake fluid and you have a leak. After addressing the issue you return to the origional service department and demand to know why they didn't tell you about te problem. They are very kind and appoligetic and explain that they want to be viewed as a safe pace for you and didn't want to hurt your feeling by giving you bad news. They wanted to make you feel good and not run the risk of losing you.

2) You go in for your yearly physical with your doctor. He informs you that you have the body of an athlete. You leave the office feeling pretty good about things. Later on that day you're playing ball with your friends and you start feeling not so good. Your friends take you to the emergency room. In the ER they tell you that your arteries are almost completely blocked. You're about one donut away from death! When you ask your doctor why he didn't tell you about this he says something like, "We find that when people are told bad news like this they tend to get mad and we never see them again. We didn't want to make you feel bad or to lose you."

How do you feel about truth now? Are you really going to let your heart tell you what's right? Are you going to let someone elses heart decide your course of action? I would rather have the truth!

One warning, giving someone the truth doesn't mean bashing them with it! You can be kind and truthful at the same time. Some things will be harder than others but let the truth be the thing you are known for.

The misleadings and deceptions of the WMSCOG are easily uncovered for those who are in the truth. (Proverbs 12:19 above)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.