Gift Giving

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If wmscog does not celebrate Christmas on Christmas Day, how is it justified to exchange gifts on any day during the week between Christmas Day and New Years?

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Cults manage their following by manipulation and control techniques. If one cult (WMSCOG) finds a technique that works well for another cult (Jehovah's Wittnesses) they will use it. It has nothing to do with the Bible. JW's say that any holiday (even birthdays) are pagan and that their followers should not observe them or they will be following pagan ways. WMSCOG says the same thing. All this is a ploy to keep their members away from enjoying family time and loving influences that may pull them away from the cult. It allows the cult to control their members outside influence. If any of these cults truly didn't associate with anything pagan they would not be holding their services in churches built for what they consider pagan gods, they would never sit in an auditorium (originated with pagans), listen to a speaker on a platform (originated with pagans), etc. But we all know that WMSCOG does all these things. Unfortunately their members are so brainwashed that they do not conduct research into anything that is told to them by the WMSCOG leaders; the sheep follow blindly. 

They allow for gifts to be given on other days but it is considered "a gift of love."

I read a book about a woman who was raised JW. When she left the church/cult, she didn't see her mother for over 20 years! Can you imagine – turning your back on your own children because someone convinced you that you HAD to or you would not go to heaven?

Shunning because of religion is ALWAYS cult behavior!!

Travis
    Participant

@Ms. Freedom,

True statement …!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Soooo……let me get this straight.  Members can celebrate birthdays with families but not on the specific date; Christmas gift exchanges but not on Christmas day.  What a way to confuse the crap out of a child involved in this mess!  Maybe the families need to stop giving wrapped gifts?  

Simon
    Participant

never heard of Christmas giftson other dates or prohibitions on birthdays

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Christmas is considered pagan and never represented with gifts. Members will not accept gifts wrapped in Christmas paper. Birthdays are not encouraged because it takes members away from the church in order to spend time with their families. The gifts we gave to our child were returned or sol and the money was given to the evil mother. So no more gifts from us!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ms Freedom wrote:

The gifts we gave to our child were returned or sold and the money was given to the evil mother. So no more gifts from us!

That has been the hardest thing for us.  We have to be very careful how we help our child trapped in WMSCOG.  We cannot give anything that can easily be turned to cash because of this very problem you have pointed out ……

Simon
    Participant

We celebrated Birthdays in the zion I went to

Travis
    Participant

Simon wrote:

How so, that's self reverence. It's paying importance to your own existence and that goes against their own bunch bull crap. 

Celebrating you Birthday is defined as self-idolatry. Idolizing your own image is forbidden according to their teachings. 

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Simon wrote:

You always gotta put your 2 cents in don't you ? You little Ba/stard, f / u / c/ k off.  Go somewhere.  Mind your own business. Always gotta add that sneaky snippy little comment.  

MountainMom
    Participant

@Travis:  I know that they did celebrate birthdays in some of the zions.  Yet, I know birthday celebrations supposedly have pagan origins.  I don't know where in the Bible there is anything about celebrating birthdays, and they aren't supposed to do anything that men have thought up themselves or whatever.  But yet, there was a birthday celebration and cake right in the zion.  As usual, it is perfectly OK if THEY do something, just not ok if us "non-believers" do the same thiing.  Just like WE can't celebrate Christmas on December 25, but when THEY celebrated it on December 25 in 2011, it was perfectly ok. 

They are constant in contradiction and double standards.

Simon
    Participant

Travis wrote:

Simon wrote:

How so, that's self reverence. It's paying importance to your own existence and that goes against their own bunch bull crap. 

Celebrating you Birthday is defined as self-idolatry. Idolizing your own image is forbidden according to their teachings. 

by who?

Simon
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

@Travis:  I know that they did celebrate birthdays in some of the zions.  Yet, I know birthday celebrations supposedly have pagan origins.  I don't know where in the Bible there is anything about celebrating birthdays, and they aren't supposed to do anything that men have thought up themselves or whatever.  But yet, there was a birthday celebration and cake right in the zion.  As usual, it is perfectly OK if THEY do something, just not ok if us "non-believers" do the same thiing.  Just like WE can't celebrate Christmas on December 25, but when THEY celebrated it on December 25 in 2011, it was perfectly ok. 

They never celebrated Christmas that is a bald faced lie that has been debunked repeating these lies helps WMSCOG keep members.

You are expanding their doctrines beyond themselves they explicitly differentiate the secular from the religious its obscene to lie about their doctrines like this.

What they do is obscene but that doesn't make it okay for us to be obscene

Travis
    Participant

Simon wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

They never celebrated Christmas that is a bald faced lie that has been debunked repeating these lies helps WMSCOG keep members.

You are expanding their doctrines beyond themselves they explicitly differentiate the secular from the religious its obscene to lie about their doctrines like this.

What they do is obscene but that doesn't make it okay for us to be obscene

@Simon,

I think MM did not sum all the Zions in her comment.

My take, from my research done, is that the different Zions are not exactly run equally. Therefore, yes, I know of Zions that have celebrated Chirstmas on December 25. Maybe not the one you went to but others have done it.

Also, you're coming a bit too strong on your post, tone it down a little. No reason to make offensive posts.

Sometimes I wonder what side are you on..??

Simon
    Participant

that is a lie dude.

I have to wonder what side YOU are on posting obvious lies makes people less likely to leave it’s like you WANT to make those not in WMSCOG look like the liars they say we are

MountainMom
    Participant

@Travis:  Thank you for your response.  Simon is too quick to call people liars.  It was a misunderstanding on his part, but maybe I could have made it more clear.  What I meant to convey is that they celebrated Ahn's birthday on Dec. 25, 2011.  Not Christmas we know it, but generally the same, celebrating their false Christ's birthday on the same day we celebrated the real Christ's birthday in 2011.  And the part about the birthdays, no misunderstanding there.  A birthday celebration was held for sure at least once I know of at the Chicago Zion.  And yes, according to some things I've read, birthday celebrations have pagan origins.  Didn't really know birthdays were doctrine though.      

Simon
    Participant

it is a lie to say they celebrated Christmas. no amount of goal post shifting will change it

Simon
    Participant

and even if you had meant your shift and spoke it clearly there’s no hypocrisy in it what so ever so talking about it like that would just be a waste of time

Smurf
    Participant

True dat, they would never celebrate christmas the pagan way and condemn the celebration of the birth of Jesus in any other way. Which is a bit ironic and hypocritical, considering they celebrate Ahn Sahng Hong's birthday on the same day.

Where is Ahn's birthday in the Bible?? Which commandment, dear WMS members??

Simon
    Participant

how retarded can you get

MountainMom
    Participant

Anyone who wants to see what I was referring to as to the wms celebrating the birth of Christ on Dec. 25, 2011, can simply go tio the top of this page, click on EVIDENCE, then go down to Controversial Points and click on that.  The very first article is  entitled "The Church that celebrates the birth of Christ on December 25 is heretical" which was in a sermon by Joo Cheol Kim.  As I was saying, they celebrated Ahn's birthday on Dec. 25, 2011, but didn't judge themselves as heretical. Double standard.  Hypocritical.  No question about it.

They may not call  it Christmas, but they were  celebrating the birth of Christ (The fake one, Ahnsahnghong), and they did it on Dec. 25, 2011.  They don't do it on that date every year, of course, but they did then.    Kind of like when they celebrate Easter but call it Ascension Day or whatever.  Doing their version of what we do, but calling it something else, then judging people who aren't in the wms.

Anyway, not sure why the over reaction and insults associated with my post.  My feelings would be hurt if I cared but I don't, so have a great day!  Lol!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.