When People SHow You Who They Are, Believe Them the First Time

• Creator
    Topic
    Azula
    Participant

It's been about 5 months since I left the doomsday cult that is wms. Sometimes I forget just how short of a time that actually is and just how negatively my life was impacted by meeting these people. It's amazing to think  that I am 27 year old with the emotional maturiy on an 18 year old (I was 19 when I was baptised and thus my emotional growth was stunted as I matured very little inwardly)

To think that this time last year I was willing to give my life for some dead korean man and some would be pretender of a mother! It has not been easy some days are better than some but thanks to the support of my family and this site things are getting better.

I was watching some youtube videos the other day and I came accross the qoute by the late Maya Angelou and I was really touched by her wisdom. In the Video it was said, " When Poeple show you who they are believe them." The video it went on to say, "When someone says that they were gonna do something and they fail to do it, they are showing in that moment who they are. That they are someone who cannot be trusted."

If I think back on the whole 2012 debacle, just as an example, about how the church lied about the end and then did a 180 and said it had never claimed that 2012 was the end. That was an obvious tell tale that they are pathological liars who manipulate people for their own gain. I'm so grateful that I left these toxic people.

Smurf
    Participant

Amen.

Thanks for this testimony. I also believe that no matter how hard the WMS tries, in the end they always show their true colors.

That's why people will keep leaving.

God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

Travis
    Participant

Kudos to you Azula .. Your testimony fills me with hope..

remco9519
    Participant

@Azula
     .. problem in the first place is ignorance of the concept of GOD of which even in most homes it is not taught, and second is a lack of brief knowledge of religions and third is insufficient common sense.  Todays generation most especially, fond of adventures the motto of whom perhaps is try it first before complaining. Anyway, Kudos to you friend, we just pray and hope that those still there wake up and just leave.

Travis
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

@Azula
     .. problem in the first place is ignorance of the concept of GOD of which even in most homes it is not taught, and second is a lack of brief knowledge of religions and third is insufficient common sense.  Todays generation most especially, fond of adventures the motto of whom perhaps is try it first before complaining. Anyway, Kudos to you friend, we just pray and hope that those still there wake up and just leave.

@Remco9519

Today's generation is a bit more advanced than the previous. It happens with just every generation since humanity has existed. So, don't blame the issue on today's generation. Yes, it's fond of adventure, and we should be thankful today's generation is actually fond of it. Past generations are exactly that, past. I know it might sound too harsh but its truth.  

Stop for a moment and think of today's generation looking like the generation before. It would mean no evolution. No advances in life. It would mean, humanity stuck on the same old values with the same old ideals. Imagine politics, education, science, nature, life itself being exactly the same as the past generation. Not a pretty picture…

This generation has demonstrated and it has taught the past generation that religion is just, but a dogma to control the masses. That religion and God has very little in common. That religion was created by men, not God.    

So, let's be a little more thankful to today's generation instead of blaming every problem that our society has on it. All the problems today's generation faces today, WMS included, is thanks to the past generation and the filters it passes on to today's generation.

Please, be a little more mindful about today's generation and give it a bit more of the credit it really deserves.

I'm sure that if you conduct a survey in today's generation, very few would even know the reasons why this society is so messed up, yet, it is today's generation that's dealing with it, including current members of WMS. 

Azula
    Participant

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

The real reason why I posted this was because I had heard from someone in the cult that my former master had been stalking me online by reading my facebook posts and had been checking me out on linkedin using some fake profile and what not. And when I checked out the linkedin it turned out to be true. I felt violated and was rather pi/s/s/ed off but these tactics only prove that they are nothing but cowards.

It is written in John 3:19-21 ," This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Phucking cowards

Travis
    Participant

Right on target Azula …It's what those high ranking members end up becoming ..

emil
    Participant

@Azula
    – Happy 5 month birthday 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.