The WMSCOG doesn't want to reach out to people with disabilities. Oops!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

A long time ago now I posted that me younger brother is disabled and has a learning disability. Because of this the WMSCOG views him as undesireable.

As you know dear readers, I spend a lot of time reading a variety of material and when I come accross something that I believe is relevant I like to share it with you. I came accross an article about dyslexia. I'm sure that this is one of those undesireable traits as it would make it very hard to read the propoganda of the WMSCOG and studies would be even harder. Let me tell you about a guy named Gary. Gary has dyslexia and his story about his childhood especially in reguard to school looks like a recipe on how to create a criminal. He acted out in school, was overly disciplined, and was viewed as unwilling to learn, disruptful to the class, and disrespectful to authority ie his teachers. One of his teachers even put him under their desk and proceeded to kick him. Gary pushed back and punched this teacher in the face. For this he got expelled. His mother would not let him get left behind so the school system just kept passing him. She hoped that after graduation that maybe he could get a job driving a truck or something. Because of his difficulties reading Gary became a very good listener and is able to memorize just about anything he hears. He went on to college and during this time he learned how to negotiate with his professors for better grades. Often times he would convince then to make a B out of a C and an A out of a B. Once he finished college Gary got a job selling aluminum siding. His mother was very proud of him and all that he had accomplished. One day Gary takes a day off and decides to go to New York City. He had a couple of run-ins with stock brokers and decided to try his luck at getting into this field. At this time this career field was very closed off. You either needed to be related to or know somebody in the industry to get in. Because of the skills Gary gained because of his disability Gary was able to strike up a conversation with a random person and with all of the things that he had learned over time he managed to negotiate himself into an interview. Gary Cohn eventually became the president of Goldman Sachs. Go ahead WMSCOG, keep passing up on people like this. Just one of the glaring failures of this group that is supposedly led by god. Pathetic! 

setufree
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

A long time ago now I posted that me younger brother is disabled and has a learning disability. Because of this the WMSCOG views him as undesireable.

As you know dear readers, I spend a lot of time reading a variety of material and when I come accross something that I believe is relevant I like to share it with you. I came accross an article about dyslexia. I'm sure that this is one of those undesireable traits as it would make it very hard to read the propoganda of the WMSCOG and studies would be even harder. Let me tell you about a guy named Gary. Gary has dyslexia and his story about his childhood especially in reguard to school looks like a recipe on how to create a criminal. He acted out in school, was overly disciplined, and was viewed as unwilling to learn, disruptful to the class, and disrespectful to authority ie his teachers. One of his teachers even put him under their desk and proceeded to kick him. Gary pushed back and punched this teacher in the face. For this he got expelled. His mother would not let him get left behind so the school system just kept passing him. She hoped that after graduation that maybe he could get a job driving a truck or something. Because of his difficulties reading Gary became a very good listener and is able to memorize just about anything he hears. He went on to college and during this time he learned how to negotiate with his professors for better grades. Often times he would convince then to make a B out of a C and an A out of a B. Once he finished college Gary got a job selling aluminum siding. His mother was very proud of him and all that he had accomplished. One day Gary takes a day off and decides to go to New York City. He had a couple of run-ins with stock brokers and decided to try his luck at getting into this field. At this time this career field was very closed off. You either needed to be related to or know somebody in the industry to get in. Because of the skills Gary gained because of his disability Gary was able to strike up a conversation with a random person and with all of the things that he had learned over time he managed to negotiate himself into an interview. Gary Cohn eventually became the president of Goldman Sachs. Go ahead WMSCOG, keep passing up on people like this. Just one of the glaring failures of this group that is supposedly led by god. Pathetic! 

as a recent ex member, I can 100 percent agree with what you said.I was told not to preach to the poor,elderly, or disabled/sickly.

Only "pretty " people or what they deemed pretty or what they considered "normal" looking. Very sad.

MountainMom
    Participant

I heard from one ex-member that this is why his wife's eyes were opened.  She found out that the wms didn't preach to the disabled, and that broke her heart.  This made it much easier for him to get her out of there. 

Simon
    Participant

I can tell you the most prominent members of my former Zion are dyslexic or otherwise facing reading difficulties. I myself am Autistic and its pretty blatant something is off we had a lot of older members as well as younger ones and we saw a lot of videos from NYC zion which werre elderly too I do not think this is entirely accurate scamers scam anyone they can

Travis
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I can tell you the most prominent members of my former Zion are dyslexic or otherwise facing reading difficulties. I myself am Autistic and its pretty blatant something is off we had a lot of older members as well as younger ones and we saw a lot of videos from NYC zion which werre elderly too I do not think this is entirely accurate scamers scam anyone they can

@Simon, you're right. They would scam anyone they can, especially if you are already in their group. But they won't go after someone they can't use. 

They won't kick anyone out for being disabled. They would use them to their advantage, just like those charity campaign using poor children from Africa and Latin America. It's all the same. no help ever goes to any of those kids. However, they raise tons of cash by having them in catalogs. Making them believe help is going to come to keep them interested. 

If they see they can use you to bring someone else with better qualities and more money they will use you just for that. You're bringing a new "good fruit" but to them, that's you're worth for. 

dear_all
    Participant

False again !!! I know a sister who is disabled & is a regular church-goer.

Smurf
    Participant

Proof, please 🙂

Simon
    Participant

the burden of proof is on us on this topic we are making claims about them not responding to claims they make about Ahn Zhang the Bible which would put the burden more on them

Joshua
    Participant

Did you preach to this person and bring them into WMSCOG or is this a friend or family member that a new person brought because they care about them? Having a few token disabled people in your group doesn't mean that you don't try and avoid preaching to them!

What is truth
    Participant

I guess you have to tolerate a few of them when they come as baggage with another "good fruit".  One couple that went to New Mexico "fell away" or rather stopped attending after they preached to a mentally "slow" person and he wanted to come study at church. Upon arrival, they let him have one study, but then the overseer (deacon Ronnie) pulled that member aside and said to get him out of there. Then they lectured him, saying "you need to bring good offerings! Have you not read Malachai chapter 1:8?? "

When you offer blind animals for sacrifice,

is that not wrong? When you sacrifice lame or diseased

animals, is that not wrong? Try offering

them to your governor! Would he be pleased with

you? Would he accept you?” says the LORD Almighty.

Needless to say, this member's wife was in tears over the situation, and they stopped attending. 

Also my neighbor took in a woman who had been envolved in meth, and she had recovered, got a job and cleaned up. She went to look for a church, and found the WMS. They looked at her, and told her "sorry, but the church is by appointment only, and you must be invited". Granted she looked old and worn down with no front teeth, but that's what meth does. regardless, not meeting the "good fruit" criteria, and not any "good fruit's baggage", she was denied as well. People who come to visit this blog from the church may well make excuses, but in their heart of hearts they know it's true. 

Enragded
    Participant

A brother told me that he wont preach to this disabled good brother because this would in a way tarnish the image of the church especially Mother

setufree
    Participant

Sounds like Southern Poverty Law would love to hear this, because in my opinion they fall under a hate group.

I was told not to preach to black people (even though my zion had a few) because they were “ghetto”, Jewish people were considered “of Satan”, homosexuals had a “disease” and homeless/disabled would only take advantage of the food and bible studies.

This was explained or me before preaching and by a church leader. For them to get government assistance and religious kickbacks I am pretty sure they aren’t supposed to be preaching hatred.

Smurf
    Participant

Enragded wrote:

A brother told me that he wont preach to this disabled good brother because this would in a way tarnish the image of the church especially Mother

Disgusting. That's how you can spot a cult – elitism. Always present.

Simon
    Participant

setufree wrote:

Sounds like Southern Poverty Law would love to hear this, because in my opinion they fall under a hate group.

I was told not to preach to black people (even though my zion had a few) because they were "ghetto", Jewish people were considered "of Satan", homosexuals had a "disease" and homeless/disabled would only take advantage of the food and bible studies.

This was explained or me before preaching and by a church leader. For them to get government assistance and religious kickbacks I am pretty sure they aren't supposed to be preaching hatred.

supposing this were true WBC isn't being qualified as a hate group I doubt WMSCOG would.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.