I think the tides are turning in our favor again!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

I'm sure that many of you have noticed, as I have, that Hollywood seems to be turning out more faith based films recently. What's more is that they seem to be going away from the demon, vampire, dark side stuff that we have been bombarded with for the last several years. Even more encouraging is that there are news stations that are showing more cult related stuff. I have seen at least three cult exposure pieces over the last five weeks or so. Even the regular TV stations seem to be noticing that the destructive cult groups seem to have a little too much protection and not enough reporting being done on them. I hope they keep this kind of reporting keeps going. People who never see this side of the destruction of families are now being exposed, at least in part, to the c r a p that families are being put through. More importantly they are exposed to the hopelessness that the families feel when the Law doesn't seem to be able to do anything.

Of course the leaders of these groups always say that they are not a cult and members can leave whenever they want to but they do not share about how they divide these families and corupt the minds of their members into thinking there families are somehow evil or bad. How many of these group leaders get to say, "No Comment!" before someone gets to lawfully hold them accountable?

I'm thanking God that things are going the way they are right now and that more people are being told the truth about what's all around them.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua, I;ve always loved your post for the most part, but I will have to disagree with this one. Hollywood isn't delving away from the dark movies, they are actually producing more and more of them. The christian movies being made are not really biblically based. This is my opinion of course. The following are current and new TV shows: Star Crossed(SiFi yet dark); Believe (SiFi yet dark); The Tomorrow People (SiFi yet dark); Revelation (Dark); The Originals (Dark); Being Human (Uk and USA both Dark) to name a few…. It isn't going to stop, I don't mean to sound negative but it won't stop. Not with Hollywood. As for the christian movies, are they really biblical???

Independent movies are more apt to be biblically sound than Hollywood productions. Once again, my opinion and observation.

Joshua
    Participant

Sarah, I respect your opinion and appreciate your input. What I was saying here is that there are more faith based films and shows coming out. There is also more exposure being done on the cults in the US. It's not enough by far but I do like that it's starting to come out. Even some of this dark stuff is causing folks to think more about the things of God. Even though most of the films that are faith based are not biblically accurate they still point people towards God. God uses some of the most offensive things for His glory. Think about the Cross! How offensive is this? God took this hopeless object and turned it into a symbol of hope and power. These films and tv shows might be dark and inaccurate but they do at times cause people to think about the things of God and if this is the thing that opens the door of their hearts to Jesus even a little then I'm thankful for it. The darkness will always try to overtake us but it flees from the light! Thank you for your comment and although I agree in part I'm still encouraged by what I see going on right now.

Sarah2013
    Participant

I completely understand your point now.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua, I just found a show on netflix called the bible….. Have you heard of it? Brother, it is phenomenal. I love it. I stumbled across it last night.

Joshua
    Participant

The Bible seems to be a really good one. One that irritates me is the show about bible secrets revealed. So far I have found this show to be a big pile of steaming stuff. They have spent an disporportionate amount of time quoting from books that are not included in the Bible. There is a heavy use of one book in paticular called the book of enoc. Professionals believe this book to have been written no earlier than 150 and possibly as late as 400 years after the ressurection of Christ. It is full of contradictions in reguards to the Bible. As I have viewed some of the claims of this pathetic program and it is really setting me off. If you haven't seen it I'll warn you right now; They preach that God is some sort of E.T. with greater knowledge than us and that Lucifer/Satan is not a bad guy but that God banished him after he gave us knowledge of Gods that we were not supposed to know. There are shows that will get people to think about the things of God but I do not count this one as one of them. Sorry, I got really judgemental about this show and I do expect people to hold my words accountable just as I hold things like this show up to Gods word. I'm glad that you found one of the good ones but I even encourage you to hold it up to Gods word. Every so often we all make mistakes and the folks making the show are every bit like us. Don't bury the wounded but help keep each other straight. As Gods word says, "Iron sharpens Iron."

unknown
    Participant

@Joshua

That show is coming from the same channel that brought us "Ancient Aliens". If you haven't seen it please watch it. It's absolutely hilarious. 

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.