Happy Easter

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

I just wished someone a Happy Easter out loud for the first time in three years… and no I wasn't struck by lightening or ANYTHING it felt so good to overcome that intertia there even if it took longer than it should

So yes Happy Easter to those of us here that keep it =]

Smurf
    Participant

Congratulations! You just single-handedly send the credibility of this forum back to the stone age!

What would a doubting member think when he sees the title of this topic?? I'm beginning to think you ARE an actual shill.

Easter is a pagan holiday ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's stuff like that which give the wms the upper hand. There are actually people out there who genuinely want to find out the truth. And want to worship the creator and not a self-proclaimed babylonian goddess.

So unless you can prove that chocolate bunnies and colored eggs are an essential part of the resurrection of Jesus I suggest you stop throwing sand in people's eyes.

Travis
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

Congratulations! You just single-handedly send the credibility of this forum back to the stone age!

What would a doubting member think when he sees the title of this topic?? I'm beginning to think you ARE an actual shill.

It's stuff like that which give the wms the upper hand. There are actually people out there who genuinely want to find out the truth. And want to worship the creator and not a self-proclaimed babylonian goddess.

So unless you can prove that chocolate bunnies and colored eggs are an essential part of the resurrection of Jesus I suggest you stop throwing sand in people's eyes.

@Smurf
    ,  it can't be wrong to feel free. And just couple of bullet points

The Creator was self-proclaimed and so was Jesus as the Son of God and the only way to salvation ..

Can the resurection of Jesus Christ story be proven by a mean other than the Bible..?? 

Folks who visit this site don't come here to be more Christians. They come find answers and sometimes comfort due to their significant others being part of WMSCOG. Therefore, the credibility of this forum won't be tainted just because one member decides to freely express himself/herself….

Food for thoughts..

ExMember
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

I really can't believe you wrote that… so uncalled for. As an Ex member, who was at the wms for a long time, I can tell you that your comment is more harmful than Simon's comment. Also, this forum is not only for members of the wms, but for families and for ex members too.

I don't know if you were ever a member of the WMS, or if you ever were in a cult, but even saying "Happy easter" takes balls after all the phobias that those groups put on you.

Happy easter everybody! I'm glad some of us have understood that Easter is not about bunnies, pagan gods or goddesses, but about being with families, friends or doing anything, but eating "resurrection bread" at the wmscog.

@smurf
    , let's not make a fight in this post. If anything, pm me.

Smurf
    Participant

Hahaha, this forum has become pure comedy ๐Ÿ˜€ No wonder no one ever visits.

Don't expect to get someone out with that attitude ๐Ÿ˜‰

Harry
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I just wished someone a Happy Easter out loud for the first time in three years… and no I wasn't struck by lightening or ANYTHING it felt so good to overcome that intertia there even if it took longer than it should

HAPPY EASTER SHIMON………..Your's was one of the the most significant posts I have ever read here!!! THANK YOU!!

Kudos, Ex-member and Travis, well said!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Congratulations Simon! It looks like you're shedding the phobias that the WMSCOG implanted in you. Don't let anyone drag you down by making you feel Easter is a pagan holiday. You can believe it is the resurrection of Christ or you can believe in bunnies delivering chocolate eggs in baskets – totally free to be who you are and believe what you want to believe! Good for you!

I have enjoyed this beautiful Spring day with my family and sad that one of my children is trapped into fearing that their god is going to turn wrath on them because they have been taught it is Pagan! Planting fear – not celebrating freedom!

fedupmom
    Participant

Well said Ms. Freedom, and huge congratulations to you Simon! Thanks for sharing your “Freedom”, it gives those of us still struggling with loved ones trapped some hope!

I hope you enjoy many more holidays as you choose!

Appreciate you sharing!

emil
    Participant

Well said Simon. And Travis and others.

Smurf you don't seem to know what Christians celebrate at Easter. You are merely spouting wmscog rhetoric.

Simon
    Participant

Thanks for those of you who provided positive feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

as far as paganism and Easter at what point does a pagan origin cease to matter? Maybe we shouldn't call God "God" after all the word is of pagan origen…

Maybe we shouldn't eat food preserved through the PAGAN INVENTED canning process ….

Maybe we should disregard the Bible seeing as the words in Torah such El/Elohim are originally pagan as well?

Joshua
    Participant

Simon, I was really proud of you when you left the WMSCOG and I am proud of you again being able to wish everyone here a Happy Easter. You, my friend, have flashes of brilliance and at time this is very needed when bringing the light to others. I don't always agree with some of the stuff you bring up or some of the comments you post at times however, I do value the fact that I know you and I have an idea of what you've come through. This is another great step in the right direction. I've got your back on this! Keep being positive and moving forward my friend.

Azula
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Wow! 3 years!

You truly have overcome! Congrats  Simon.

genny
    Participant

Way to go Simon.  You inspire me. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I like your point about the pagan origin of things.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.