How do I get a friend out of the church of god??????

• Creator
    Topic
    Too Hungry
    Participant

I see this site has much information on the wmscog. Anybody please help me! Any kind of information? I have a friend who's been going to this church for about 2 weeks. I haven't heard anything from her…what do I do? What should I do?

Too Hungry
    Participant

gimme,gimme,gimme a man after midnight won't somebody help me chase the shadows away!

gimme,gimme,gimme a man after midnight take me through the darkness to the break of the day!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Too Hungry wrote:

gimme,gimme,gimme a man after midnight won't somebody help me chase the shadows away!

gimme,gimme,gimme a man after midnight take me through the darkness to the break of the day!

You're back!! I must say, I'm fairly disappointed that you haven't been holding true to your parole conditions.

MountainMom
    Participant

@TooHungry:  Did you get anything out of the research you did here?  What do you think?

Too Hungry
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

@TooHungry:  Did you get anything out of the research you did here?  What do you think?

Well, my initial feeling is, that I don't like this cult. The research here is on-going… ask me a question and I'll pour out my vast knowledge that I've learned so far.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Too hungry:  Ok, a question:  What method do you think they used to rope your girl in to the wmscog and what method are they using to keep her?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Too Hungry wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

Well, my initial feeling is, that I don't like this cult. The research here is on-going… ask me a question and I'll pour out my vast knowledge that I've learned so far.

Are you going to press charges?

Too Hungry
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Too Hungry wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

Are you going to press charges?

I don't get it? Press charges against who? church of god? Don't tempt me…LOL.

Too Hungry
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

@Too hungry:  Ok, a question:  What method do you think they used to rope your girl in to the wmscog and what method are they using to keep her?

To rope her in…they obviously told her lies. I mean they told her things that are not in the bible, like this mothergod thing and probably treated her really nice but to keep her in this group they use a method, similar to what the Jehovah's witness use which is called seige mentality. This is to bond members closer together. The WMSCOG focuses on 'them' in 'us vs. them' that is the 'them' is outside evil forces. They say everyone that is not a part of the church is considered on Satan's side. Of course all churches are against Satan but the 'intenisty' that the church of god uses is over the top.

Margaret Singer says "…religious cults train members to regard outsiders, even blood relatives, as of Satan and to be avoided at all costs."

Cults In Our Midsts.

This siege mentality is a form of mind control in itself. I know they'll try to turn her against me…but that's all they'll do is try. LOL

How'd I do MountainMom? LOL.

Actually I can see that this taking effect in my girl even as I write this. She has changed and when we are together, she's always bringing up the church or should I say, the doctrines of the church of god, to be more exact. sabbath,  passover, mothergod… I'm actually getting pretty sick of it all but for now I'm just listening cause now is not my time to strike. I want to say how much baloney she's being fed but…patience is a virtue as they say! I'm in it for the long run. A little sacrifice is needed in order to be victorious!

Sally
    Participant

Too Hungry wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

To rope her in…they obviously told her lies. I mean they told her things that are not in the bible, like this mothergod thing and probably treated her really nice but to keep her in this group they use a method, similar to what the Jehovah's witness use which is called seige mentality. This is to bond members closer together. The WMSCOG focuses on 'them' in 'us vs. them' that is the 'them' is outside evil forces. They say everyone that is not a part of the church is considered on Satan's side. Of course all churches are against Satan but the 'intenisty' that the church of god uses is over the top.

Margaret Singer says "…religious cults train members to regard outsiders, even blood relatives, as of Satan and to be avoided at all costs."

Cults In Our Midsts.

This siege mentality is a form of mind control in itself. I know they'll try to turn her against me…but that's all they'll do is try. LOL

How'd I do MountainMom? LOL.

Actually I can see that this taking effect in my girl even as I write this. She has changed and when we are together, she's always bringing up the church or should I say, the doctrines of the church of god, to be more exact. sabbath,  passover, mothergod… I'm actually getting pretty sick of it all but for now I'm just listening cause now is not my time to strike. I want to say how much baloney she's being fed but…patience is a virtue as they say! I'm in it for the long run. A little sacrifice is needed in order to be victorious!

Too hungry, I'm pulling for you but I really think you need more help. Maybe you just need to organize your information more.

Please don't underestimate your opponents ability to control your GF, they are a group of BAMF's! not the members of course.

Too Hungry
    Participant

BAMF? Please explain…

Organize information…suggestion please ๐Ÿ™‚

Sally
    Participant

Too Hungry wrote:

BAMF? Please explain…

BAMF's is a slang term, I shouldn't have used it, I take it back and apologize if it offened anyone. It doesn't belong in a serious forum and it's really not my style so please forgive me.

As for organizing your information, I would just say that it is my opinion when you are attempting to help someone think for themselves you must start by developing trust and honesty. If they believe you are the enemy or you are trying to force your beliefs on them they will instinctively fight back. That could be a good starting point. Patience in this case is not always a virtue either. Don't take this offensively but it seems like your a little "all over the lot" like maybe you have a little information from a lot of different places. I think you need an organized plan

MountainMom
    Participant

I'm not sure why there is a LOL after your question "How am I doing Mountain Mom?"    Have I offended you by asking questions, because that was not my intention. I think you are doing OK.  Genny's questions were good, and would help us help you.  I haven't seen any answers to her questions here.  Is there a reason? 

I want to continue to offer suggestions and give you a sounding board for your frustrating journey in getting your friend out.  More information would be helpful, that is all I am saying.  Good luck with everything you are trying.  Keep researching, it doesn't offer every answer, but it does help you understand, and understanding is key to your efforts, too. 

Sally
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I'm not sure why there is a LOL after your question "How am I doing Mountain Mom?"    Have I offended you by asking questions, because that was not my intention. I think you are doing OK.  Genny's questions were good, and would help us help you.  I haven't seen any answers to her questions here.  Is there a reason? 

I want to continue to offer suggestions and give you a sounding board for your frustrating journey in getting your friend out.  More information would be helpful, that is all I am saying.  Good luck with everything you are trying.  Keep researching, it doesn't offer every answer, but it does help you understand, and understanding is key to your efforts, too. 

I believe his LOL is there because he doesn't fully respect and understand his alleged enemy…..YET 

Too Hungry
    Participant

Sally wrote:

Too Hungry wrote:

BAMF? Please explain…

BAMF's is a slang term, I shouldn't have used it, I take it back and apologize if it offened anyone. It doesn't belong in a serious forum and it's really not my style so please forgive me.

As for organizing your information, I would just say that it is my opinion when you are attempting to help someone think for themselves you must start by developing trust and honesty. If they believe you are the enemy or you are trying to force your beliefs on them they will instinctively fight back. That could be a good starting point. Patience in this case is not always a virtue either. Don't take this offensively but it seems like your a little "all over the lot" like maybe you have a little information from a lot of different places. I think you need an organized plan

Sally, no need to apologize, it's all a learning experience. You're forgiven. LOL But you didn't explain what it stands for. Just so I know for next time. And duly noted on organizing my plan, thoughts, etc…

Thank you 

Too Hungry
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I was not offended but trying to please – if you will. As in I hope I answered your question correctly. LOL was put in to lighten the mood.

Your suggestions are much welcomed. I am continuing to research and trying to further my understanding, Hopefully I will be able to get all my answers here! LOL (not a 'LOL' to offend ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you

Too Hungry
    Participant

Sally wrote:

MountainMom wrote:

I believe his LOL is there because he doesn't fully respect and understand his alleged enemy…..YET 

Not the reason for the LOL. And I think I understand my enemy. Respect? I don't have to respect that group! LOL (this one's laughing in their faces!).

emil
    Participant

@Too Hungry – I understand your angst. But you've got to listen to people here to win the war. Sally is not telling you that you need to like the wmscog or what it is doing. Respect means not underestimating them. Never underestimate your enemy.

Too Hungry
    Participant

emil wrote:

@Too Hungry – I understand your angst. But you've got to listen to people here to win the war. Sally is not telling you that you need to like the wmscog or what it is doing. Respect means not underestimating them. Never underestimate your enemy.

Absolutely…know you're enemy!

Thank you emil.

JcaesarD
    Participant

Too Hungry wrote:

I see this site has much information on the wmscog. Anybody please help me! Any kind of information? I have a friend who's been going to this church for about 2 weeks. I haven't heard anything from her…what do I do? What should I do?

hungry, my wife n kids are in this church n we fight all the time over this, i'm shearing my number with anyone who wants to talk so i can share my story and offer help as to how i can tell what im going thru and how im trying to get them out. i am presently trying to get a copy of the mysteries god and the spring of the water of life the 2003 copy to show were the words were changed seems like the only thing that may work. Julius c. d. 678-988-4968

JcaesarD
    Participant

To all who read this i need help please, if you have a copy of the mysteries of god and the spring of the water of life the old 2003 copy to show my wife how the words were changed. post here, email me [email protected], call me 678-933-4968 please help 

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.