SON of GOD

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Nobodysfool
    Participant

COMING SOON!

http://www.sonofgodmovie.com/internetexplorer.html 

Son of God comes to theaters February 28, 2014. Now, the larger-than-life story of The New Testament gets a larger-than life treatment in the stand-alone feature SON OF GOD. Told with the scope and scale of an action epic, the film features powerful performances, exotic locales, dazzling visual effects and a rich orchestral score from Oscar®-winner Hans Zimmer. Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado portrays Jesus as the film spans from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection. It marks the first motion picture about Jesus's life since Passion of the Christ, released ten years ago 

http://youtu.be/-Hsl5UG9O_c 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Make a movie about Revelation!

Nobodysfool
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

Make a movie about Revelation!

That would be Awesomely Scary!!!!!

Maybe the WMS will make a block buster hit on "The Spirit & the Bride"  then the whole world will know the truth :)))

BTW this here http://youtu.be/1zz8_MxcnzY   is very interesting!  check it out if you have the time 🙂

remco9519
    Participant

A problem with us christians and our bible, whenever Jesus speaks of himself he says "son of man" but majority of christians call him differently as "Son of God".  How ??? and  Why ???. 

Simon
    Participant

he does both

Smurf
    Participant

Luke 22:70: And they all said, "Are You the Son of God, then?" And He said to them, "Yes, I am."

emil
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

A problem with us christians and our bible, whenever Jesus speaks of himself he says "son of man" but majority of christians call him differently as "Son of God".  How ??? and  Why ???. 

"Us Christians" and "our bible" remco9519? Elsewhere you mentioned you have returned to Islam after your wife and kids refused to leave the WMSCOG. So what are you really? Before that, you had mentioned  something about Jesus never claiming to be God and it was Paul who claimed Jesus is God but you never replied to my question there either.

Anyway Smurf has given you a suitable answer to your question.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

remco9519 wrote:

"Us Christians" and "our bible" remco9519? Elsewhere you mentioned you have returned to Islam after your wife and kids refused to leave the WMSCOG. So what are you really? Before that, you had mentioned  something about Jesus never claiming to be God and it was Paul who claimed Jesus is God but you never replied to my question there either.

Anyway Smurf has given you a suitable answer to your question.

his question is very muslim in phrasing other than the two first person pronouns…

emil
    Participant

^ Simon, I see that but he was still pretending to be Christian with those two pronouns.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Emil
    :  I wondered that myself.  Why pretend to be Christian if you are not?   I see why the leaders of the wms do it, but why is remco doing it? 

I know several  Muslims who are adamant that Islam is a peaceful religion, but they say the radicals ruin  the image.  There is something to that, I think.  I don't want to start a debate on that though.   I agree that Smurf gave a very good answer to Remco's question about Son of God/Man.

Simon
    Participant

emil wrote:

^ Simon, I see that but he was still pretending to be Christian with those two pronouns.

I was affirming your questioning there 🙂

remco9519
    Participant

sorry, was'nt able to answer as soon, was quite busy while just seems got nothing in my head.  look friends, i was baptized a christian and also read at times the bible. i tell you the truth, it was the bible which led me to Islam.  the bible we admit it or not contains a lot of errors, contradictions within itself and if keen observation is taken,  there appear intentional or unintentional changes in it, the like of addition and/or subtraction.  we aren't debating here okay?  and which bible version is the most reliable?  perhaps we just know.  The Roman Catholic version has 73 books, while the KJV got only 66. Apocrypha or not but why they arent the same.  Reading along one can note inconsistencies of events in one book compared to the other.  (well i'm not a bible scholar but matters on how the bible got changed can be referred to bible scholars like Bart Erhman).  there is a red letter bible at which all the words spoken by Jesus are in red.  nowhere that jesus say he is god or claiming divinity and there are a lot of locations where even he prayed to GOD.  The RSV of 1952, some verses were removed like that of in the book of John which states Jesus as the only begotten son of god because accordingly the original Hebrew version of the bible doesnt have it, so they conclude (scholars of the Highest Emminence) that such is a concoction or fabrication.  However, the verse was returned again to an edition publish in the 70's. With such and some other reasons, i avoid to accept Jesus as a divine god even when i was still a christian.  by the word christian what it means?  one has to follow Jesus not any other.  Yet, christianity means to others that you have to follow Paul and disobey Jesus.  

in Islam, one cannot be a Muslim if he don't believe in Jesus, that is one strong requirement. we believe in his miraculous birth, swe believe that he is the Messiah and the only one Christ, but we should not rever him as god but one of the greatest messenger of GOD.  Islam is the worship in just one GOD, and not 1+1+1=1 which even a child in grade school will not agree. If i say 'us', it means that Muslims are more christians than the christians themselves, with reference to words came personally from him. Could you get what i'm trying to drive out. Prophet Moses teaches the worship of ONE god in the Torah,  Same is the message of Jesus in the Gospel, same is the message handed down to Prophet Muhammad in the Quran.  There are a lot of misconceptions about Islam and Muslims.  Do you believe that Muslims blow up the world trade center referred as 9/11?  if till now you believe what CNN and BBC reports, i can't blame you but its better everyone make some more research about it.  In Iraq, how many millions of women and children died in that the US termed as Operation Desert Storm. Did they find any WMD?  They find none.  In Palestine, who is trying to occupy it, Israel said that Palestine was given to them by the British, what rights if any Britain has to give a nation to Israel. Israel say that they sufferred in the Holocoust. The Palestininans did them that or was it Germany? So why they don't take their revenge against the Germans?  These are only few facts which as one might say damaged the image of Muslims.  Muslims are judged though they are innocent.  Answers to your questions may not be enough but i hope i had given you some light why i am a muslim and still claiming as a christian.  Thanks anyhow.  we are here for the WMSCOG solutions i supposed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whether your religious belief is Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Mormonism, Taoism, etc etc …. is not the issue really.  WMSCOG is a mind control cult, not a religion.  Mainstream religions, like those mentioned in the first sentence, have spawned cults that sometimes mimic them …. but mainstream religions operate completely different than mind control cults.  Your loved one is trapped in a mind control cult, and no matter your religious belief, you need to work hard to get them out.

Yes I know that many will say one man's religion is another man's cult.  I don't follow that line of thinking.  I think religion for the most part, no matter the doctrine or theology, is a good thing for mankind.  It helps us connect with the unknowable and the thing called the Universe.  For many, religious belief is a very comforting thing.

As long as the religion you are following causes no harm to others, then to me it is OK.  WMSCOG hurts people.  The Unification Church hurts people.  Jim Jones "People's Temple" hurt people etc etc …. those types of cults need to be fought against, for the good of all.

Simon
    Participant

The Catholic Church and Baptist churches etc hurt people as well

emil
    Participant

remco9519 wrote:

There are a lot of misconceptions about Islam and Muslims.  Do you believe that Muslims blow up the world trade center referred as 9/11?  if till now you believe what CNN and BBC reports, i can't blame you but its better everyone make some more research about it.  

It is your choice if you like to believe the far-fetched conspiracy theories. Objectively, it is clear who did that because they openly claimed "credit" for it. That one act got them so many more field troops as well as so many more big donors.

Coming to contradictions, it is funny that you should point to them in the bible and yet close your eyes to contradictions in your own faith. Many Muslim people want to believe and claim that Islam is a religion of peace. Yet there are so many who use Quranic text to justify why they kill those of other faiths. So do tell me whether the Quran tells you to kill non believers? How about those who lay down their own lives while killing others? Do they get to the highest heaven where they will get to sleep with 72 virgins? That is eactly what the suicide bombers are taught from the Quran. Could you check if your Quran has it? If it isn't there, shall we conclude there are different Qurans?

Do you know that there are countries where a Sunni majority kills Shias and other countries where the Shia majority has been killing Sunnis? Why are there Sunnis and Shias if there is only one Quran?

Yes we are here to refute the WMSCOG but you started it first by attacking Christians as Paulians. You already got your answer from Smurf. Look also at Mt 14:33. They worshipped Him and he allowed them to. Why would he do that? Can you explain?

Smurf
    Participant

Emil makes some good points, but the way he phrased his questions is going to backfire. I do hope remco gives an answer more deep then "why is there one bible and so many denominations?"

I would like to know what happens to the women who are martyred. Do they get 72 virgins as well? Seems a bit unfair if they don't. They should at least get a blender or a mixer. All the chauvinism and degrading of women in Islam reminds me of a passage in the Bible. In our Bible, remco, as you said.

Genesis 3:15: And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

Now, we all know about the second part of that verse, but we see there's also enmity between the devil and the woman. No other religion embodies the hatred of women quite like Islam.

Just sayin.

MountainMom
    Participant

I know  many Muslims who say that Islam is a peaceful religion and that the radicals ruin it.  And then they back it up with their completely honorable behavior and lifestyle.  Some do wrong in the name of religion, both in Islam and in Christianity. That is a fact.  So much evil is done in the name of religion.  But the thread, and this site, is about exposing what I do not think actually is a religion, but a business:  the wmscog. Let us not stir up a  lot that has nothing to do with this thread. 

I'm sorry to anyone who doesn't agree with what I've said.  Not trying to offend or scold, so I hope it wasn't taken that way.  We are all entitled to our opinions.

Simon
    Participant

One man's religion is another man's business

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.